Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Beginners

Page:
Page 3 of 81 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
re: About all of these "is it too late to start/restart?" posts...
By ballet2day Comments: 115, member since Wed Jul 05, 2006
On Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:30 PM
So true! Even if you don't plan on being a Professional Ballerina, you can always do it daily as an exercise routine, there's many benefits including health, wellness & basically enjoying being graceful & elegant!
By live2dance4mmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 71, member since Mon Apr 03, 2006
On Sat Jul 08, 2006 05:28 AM
I agree you are never too old i am 20 and have gone back after years n years off and i have been told i could still have a career if i want. so you should just go for it no matter what is what i reckon.
By yorksdave Comments: 26, member since Thu Apr 27, 2006
On Sat Jul 08, 2006 08:51 AM
When one is on one's death bed (sorry to be morbid!) one will be FULL of regrets of chances not taken and things not tried. I guarantee it!
By schnukkel Comments: 61, member since Fri Jul 14, 2006
On Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:59 AM
Yeah, This is true. I'm 15 and wish I could go back in time to start when I was 3.. but really, that isn't going to happen. For now, I'm just dancing for MYSELF! :)
lol, howz this for reasurance!!!
By Aero_VL Comments: 5, member since Tue Jul 25, 2006
On Tue Jul 25, 2006 08:35 AM
hey all, im a 22 year old male dancer in Whyalla, South Australia, i went to see the local studio about ballet lessons at the beginning of the year because i want to chase a career in dance, don't care what style of dance but wanted to do ballet and jazz for technique and posture etc, i have never done it before, so i know it would be of HUGE benifit to me. Anyway, the local dance tutor turned me down sayin she didn't want to put me in a class full of teenage girls sinply because im male!!!
great eh? im a hiphop, funk, and break dance teacher at the local community arts centre, i've only been dancin for a little under 2 years, but the local arts centre has already sponcered me to go to big events in capitol cities for personal developement so i know i can make it if i try, but people like this really get me down and make it hard for me to follow my dreams, especially when it's the only ballet school in Whyalla! Im goin to hav to either wait til i move to the nearest capitol city, which i intent to do in bout 6 to 12 months , or drive 450km every weekend to do classes. what are peoples thoughts on this?
By aezelle_angel Comments: 56, member since Tue Jul 06, 2004
On Thu Jul 27, 2006 06:58 PM
Age has never been a factor for me. I never think is it too late to start as I am only doing it for recreation anyway.
By twinkletoes55 Comments: 126, member since Tue Feb 01, 2005
On Thu Jul 27, 2006 07:53 PM
You guys need to remember that this section is called ballet beginners. The ballet community is very small and if you're not apart of it, you don't know much about it. The everyday person doesn't get to see the dancer of different races, weight, ages, or gender.

These ladies are not asking for your permission (God's gift!), they're asking for your support. I thought that's what this site was all about.
By futuredancer20 Comments: 28, member since Sun Jul 23, 2006
On Fri Jul 28, 2006 01:08 AM
very well put i couldnt have said it better myself : )
By kslach Comments: 23, member since Tue Jul 18, 2006
On Fri Jul 28, 2006 01:05 PM
LOL...omg..i'm like dieing in laughter right now!! only because i was one who asked that question earlier this year, "am i too old to start dancing again, can i even do this?" (but i didn't post it, i'm a new member!!) hahaha i have to say i did have my husband & friends encourage me to get back into it though!

but i know how it feels to think you're too old..i'm 28 & just got back into dancing after 10 years! i'm married & have 2 kids...& guess what..i still got it!! i can move, i haven't broken anything (knock on wood) & my body feels better now than it has in 10 years!! i'm not all that great & i have ALOT of work to do to get where i'd like to be...

i'm sure i won't ever become a professional..but it's fun to imagine it!!

thanks for the post...i think it's honest & i luv it!!
On Fri Jul 28, 2006 01:33 PM
You work it, kslash! Keep the party goin. Big up to "mature" dnacers!
By Beezy42 Comments: 27, member since Thu Jul 06, 2006
On Sat Aug 05, 2006 08:45 PM
woww! well said! my mom is always telling me that it is too late for me to start ballet, but I agree with you!
By GeorgiFTD Comments: 23, member since Fri Aug 11, 2006
On Sun Aug 13, 2006 03:04 PM
wow! people people! believe in ourselves and we can do whatever we wish for! You are never too old just stay confident. To be a performer thats a key quality of course--confidence!!
totaly
By divadancer6 Comments: 126, member since Thu Aug 03, 2006
On Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:00 PM
Removed by Theresa (28613) on 2006-08-16 22:06:52 netspeak is against dance.net rules. You must spell out all words when posting.
Hey!
U go girl! I totally agree wit you in every way. You can start ballet whenever u want and no1 is going yo tell you when! Thanks for putting in this post so maybe finally people can stop putting in those posts!!!
Diva dance 4eva
By balletgrl_4_life Comments: 30, member since Sat Jul 29, 2006
On Fri Aug 18, 2006 08:29 AM
Actually< age does not matter as long as you have the heart to dance so I totally agree with NiennaDancer. Great post there. I started learning ballet at the age of 5 but quitted. I only joined ballet when I was 13 this year. Really regetted stopping but you can't change the past so change the future! ;)
On Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:19 AM
Such a wonderfully positive atitude at such a young age, balletgirl. MAKE IT WORK!
By njsbgurlie Comments: 92, member since Sun Sep 03, 2006
On Mon Sep 04, 2006 09:00 PM
Geeee z lol yes I know! Totally agreed! Evelyn Hart started at 14 and went pro at 18, not everyone can do that, but work you butt off and have passion and almost anything is possible!!!!
re:About all of these "is it too late to start/restart?" posts
By dancing_dreams53 Comments: 68, member since Tue Jan 10, 2006
On Sun Sep 10, 2006 05:13 PM
I totally agree. I started at 11 and my friend started gymnasitics at 11 too, and she's amazing! It DEOSN'T matter at all when (or how) you start dancing!
By indoballet Comments: 2, member since Thu Jun 02, 2005
On Mon Sep 11, 2006 05:52 AM
I think never too late to study ballet..i start at 24 years old, n now i preparing my self to the show at my school...n my friends start at 26 years old..but we can do that almost perfect...=)
By Toafer Comments: 5, member since Fri Sep 22, 2006
On Fri Sep 22, 2006 09:14 AM
that's good :) i started late but just about caught up now :)
By Toafer Comments: 5, member since Fri Sep 22, 2006
On Fri Sep 22, 2006 09:15 AM
that's good :) i started late but just about caught up now :)
ra
By gothdab Comments: 17, member since Sun Sep 17, 2006
On Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:20 PM
Removed by hylndlas (107168) on 2006-09-23 13:26:30 ? What did this have to do with this post??
I want to changes in to world of dance . you want to help me changes. Sand me your picture and videos your shows
CHOREOGRAHPY I LOOKING DANCER JAZZ AND BALLET OR BALLROOM
Yes, you are right! But...
By OlegDSA Comments: 10, member since Wed Oct 04, 2006
On Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:41 AM
First - Consider your goals.
Second - look at yourself realistically.
Third - realize affords you need to do to achieve your goals.
And make a final decision.
To understand where you really are it's better to use an independent source like Dancing Star Audition www.dancingstaraudition.com to evaluate your level and abilities.
By del_x Comments: 20, member since Wed Oct 18, 2006
On Mon Oct 23, 2006 03:44 PM
hayyy

thats great =) thanks im thinking about joining to,i want to strengthen my muscles, thanks again

xxxxxxx
By dianareill Comments: 76, member since Thu Aug 11, 2005
On Sat Nov 11, 2006 02:37 PM
To dream we only need our imagination, but to put in action we need the support of others. Everyone knows that it is impossible to become a professional if you start ballet in your 20's (like me), but it is so hard to start something knowing that you we'll be (at your best) mediocre... Perhaps, sometimes, dreams really help you touch the impossible. With the support of others.
By Gaudium Comments: 1366, member since Wed Apr 14, 2004
On Sat Nov 11, 2006 02:52 PM
One of my short-cuts to happiness,is my dancing. It doesn't matter how high you jump or lift a leg, it's about making an earnest attempt.
Page:
Page 3 of 81 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

ReplySendWatch