Forum: General / Ballroom / Tango

El Tango roxanne routine -can any one help?
By tinkabell2
On Thu Jan 05, 2006 09:40 AM

For school i have been asked to choreograph a routine to El Tango Roxanne from the moulin rouge soundtrack. The problem is i mostly do jazz dances so i'm not used to this kind of dance. i have some ideas that seem to be working, but i was wondering if anyone had any good moves or tips or advice which would be useful???
please help if you can
Tinkabell2 xxxx

7 Replies to El Tango roxanne routine -can any one help?

re: El Tango roxanne routine -can any one help?
By EponinesLove
On Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:26 AM
Edited by EponinesLove (130423) on 2006-01-05 11:29:26 Presssed "submit" too soon
Have you seen the movie? I would go back and watch that part of the movie a few times to get a feel for the song. The song is towards the end, maybe 15-20 minutes from the end? Not exactly sure. But they do a tango routine to the song with a lot of people, very cool looking.

Is it a group of people that will be dancing to this song, two people, or one person? If it's a group of people, you could have them change partners throughout the song.
By tinkabell2
On Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:38 AM
the dance would be with about four pairs. I have watched the film well the el tango roxanne a few times over and i'm getting some idea its just how to get into it and start it. thanks for replying though you've alredy been a help
tinkabell2 xx
By wannaB10dancer
On Fri Jan 06, 2006 01:43 PM
Check this link out www.danceuniverse.co.kr . . .

This is a link to about 10 video samples of International Tango, some are performance routines and some are instructional routines. It might give you some idea of some moves to incorporate. Hope this helps.
By tinkabell2
On Sun Jan 08, 2006 06:59 AM
thank you very much i'll take a look .
By DanceEverything
On Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:24 AM
Weirdly enough, I'm actually working on this same song for a show I've written ( coincidentally called Roxanne and based on that song by the police...ANYWAY).... I started with some basic tango stuff, but moved also through some ballet, mostly with lifts. Its a really passionate song, and the choreography can't be soft, if you know what I mean. I'd love to hear what you've come up with- mine is still being worked on as well!
By erickamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jan 10, 2006 07:08 AM
Hi there honey, go to google and do an image search, use the library and watch moulin rouge over and over and over again! Did Miss Katy set you this work? Research will make yoru work more informative. Also, try lookign at what sort of dancing we did when we did the Spanish theme last year. That should help! Have fun darlin! Love Ericka x
By linadark
On Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:18 PM
Roxanne... i just love that song!!! if i was you i wouldn't only stick with a pure tango, i would do some lifts and some jazz too... you'll get a better presentation, more interesting... but i totally agree with the other girl : the song ir rough. Good luck with it!!!

ReplySendWatch