when do rhythmic gymnasts start to train?
By violet1
On 01/08/2006 15:06:20
And what is the latest that they can start? Do people ever do rg recreationally?
re: when do rhythmic gymnasts start to train?
By AnjieAngel
On 01/08/2006 16:23:27
International, they start when they're 3-5 years, maybe a bit older. You have exceptions though, 2000 OG winner, Yulia Barsoukova, started at age 11 (but didn't do major competitions before she was about 20 years old!). It really depends on their natural ability, and the will to train hard.
By LlamaLlamaDuck
On 01/08/2006 16:42:05
My guess, sometime shortly after leaving the womb...
By DragonFly
On 01/09/2006 02:08:52
Usually pretty young...

But in some cases they might of began as artistic gymnasts, then moved to rhythmic later on, because usually when a kid begins gymnastics they don't begin as rhythmic because its just not as well nown and there are less clubs for it and stuff... so in that case not as young. But usually they have been doing some sort of gym from a very young age
By Atonia
On 01/10/2006 02:10:45
i do rg recreationnaly since always!!
By RileyA
On 01/15/2006 00:21:15
You can start Rythmic gymnastics at any age. But if you want to start at an older age it helps to have some natural flexibility and ballet training.

The average age for starting RG is 7-9 years of age and many RG's begin in other types of gymnastics or dance, in particular classical ballet.

RG has a variety of levels. International or elite RG gymnasts train many hours a week from an early age and compete, moving towards serious International competitions in their teens and twenties.

But most clubs offer a less competitive level of RG. Where students may compete just a few times a year, if at all. At the higher levels these girls may move onto compete at a state or national level but junior level rythmic gymnasts may just do small local competitions, or may not participate in competitions.
By rhythmic_rules
On 01/16/2006 16:07:38
Rebecca Jose from Great Britain, started when she was 16, and became an iternational gymnast at 17. Her progress was incredible! xxx
By Proud_Mama
On 01/29/2006 01:52:07
I think it's up to the gymnasts parents if they're really young. My daughter started artistic gymnastics when she was 4 because a friend of hers had a b-day party there. But when she was 7, she was in the 9-12 advanced class (because she was really good and they kept moving her up) and she was totally bored. She started RG when she was 9 (she'll be 11 in march) and she's donig fabulously! She won 1st place in her level for L.A. Lights recently. And it's only her 2nd competition ever. So even though she started @ 9, because of her natural flexiility and what she learned from AG, she's done really well.
By SmilyGirl
On 01/29/2006 06:06:20
I know many gymnasts witch have started gymnastic at age of 9,10, and there are some witch started at 12-13 and went to big competitions, but they have worked REALLY hard... if you will work really hard, go to gym and start training ;)
By hannelore
On 02/20/2006 10:16:22
yes they all start at the age of 3-4-5
I want to do rg too so badly but there is no club close by me :(

greets hannelore
when do rhythmic gymnasts start to train?
By ArielThomas
On 02/21/2006 22:24:46
Well,i started when i was 7.and i am not a russian but i am in the International training in malaysia.and i wanna be like nicol david worlds number 1 squash player.and she is in malaysia.
By KajaRG
On 03/12/2006 13:39:05
They usually start very young, for example here you can see videos of the 6 year old (!!!) Maria Pavlova of Russia.
http://ww2.rhythmicdreams.com:10003/video/2005-01-la/05-01-la-masha-frog.wmv
http://ww2.rhythmicdreams.com:10003/video/2005-01-la/05-01-la-masha-floor.wmv

But, Liubov Charkashyna from Belarus, currently ranked 2nd in her team, started at age 9. And already, at age 17 she has managed to get a 2nd rank in on of the very best RG countries in the world. It's great. I think Tamara Yerofeeva started very late too, so I've heard. ;)
By Boogiebabe
On 03/16/2006 07:25:59
Hi

My daughter has just started Rhythmic Gymnastics
shes 10yrs old, and loved it - she is naturally flexy
but she also does disco dancing at Championship level
the stretching will also help out her moves within her
dancing and most of the moves in Rhythmic she also uses
in her dancing are becoming perfected!!

I think if your planning on competing then the younger
the better.

Luv lesley
xxx
xx
x
By AnjieAngel
On 03/27/2006 09:01:50
I hope your daughter will do well, boogiebabe!
But you must remember that there are two different kinds of technique she has to perfect. The disco dancers are often more powerful, but not too elegant. Their movements often seem much stiffer. And there's the apparatuses as well. But if she's up to it, I don't doubt she'll be able to becoem good in Rg as well, although 10 can be late, depending on the coach.
By dance4lani
On 04/08/2006 00:03:03
Well, the younger the person, the more flexible. So I would say at a young age when they are still very limber.

Lani

© 2022 - www.dance.net -- 01/20/2022 12:27:28