Forum: Skating / Figure Skating

skaters, do you take ballet?
By mollypeach
On Mon Jan 09, 2006 07:58 AM

I am trying to impliment ballet into some of the sports here. If your rink didn't offer ballet training, but informed you of a week long ballet intensive, would you go?

7 Replies to skaters, do you take ballet?

re: skaters, do you take ballet?
By katreeannmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:29 PM
I would go if our rink offered it,or if the club notified of something like that but we don't our club is very small, and a lot of the skaters skate out of 2 clubs not just ours....because our times are most of the time better....
By SunshinePointemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jan 09, 2006 01:39 PM
I used to take ballet lessons - as an adult it's difficult to find a non-beginners class in my area. If my rink offered a class that was open to all ages I would love to take it.
By mollypeach
On Mon Jan 09, 2006 01:50 PM
I want to hold the camp in my studio, so you would get the info at the rink, and come to my place.
Does that change your mind?
By SunshinePointemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jan 09, 2006 04:44 PM
It would depend on what time the class was being offered and whether or not your studio was close to the rink or my home.
By etoile_et_lune
On Mon Jan 09, 2006 06:39 PM
I used to take ballet as well and it does really help with skating - but my coach doesn't think it's TOTALLY necessary. He said that the beginner level might help with grace and poise and whatever, but after that it teaches you NOT to bend your knees! and besides "I know figure skaters who can do ballet, but how many ballet dancers can dance on tiny little blades?" He's so sweet! :) Ballet does help with arm possitions though.
By mollypeach
On Mon Jan 09, 2006 09:48 PM
Your right, I couldn't skate all that well.
Thanks for the responses.
By luv2plie
On Thu Jan 19, 2006 01:02 AM
Yes ballet does help ice skaters! Many ice skaters take ballet classes as parts of their training. This would includes the guys as well. Many male atheletes takes ballet to help their sport skills. Do you know any guys that takes ballet so they can play football or hockey better?

Kev

ReplySendWatch