Forum: Teams / Dance Teams

Formations
By MissionDance
On Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:36 PM

I have a very small allstar team and I am having trouble with formations. I only have three girls so does anyone have a great formation ideas? I know with only three it is really hard and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Coach Dana

4 Replies to Formations

re: Formations
By Balletbaby2
On Wed Jan 11, 2006 09:27 PM
I only have a very pretty generic ones, since you only have 3. You can get extremly creative and just stick them strategically onstage, Ive seen it done and actually its not bad if its done right. Other than that...Triangle, Stagger, Diagonal, sidways triangle (for some reason that looks really cool in stylized jazz) and Ill be thinking of more. Hope that maybe helped a little!
Formations
By MissionDance
On Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:05 PM
Thanks alot.. I never thought of just placing them around the floor.....
re: Formations (karma: 1)
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jan 16, 2006 04:29 PM
Here's the deal. According to basic geometry, there are ONLY 2 formations you can make from 3 points: a line and a triangle. You can make a bunch of different triangles, but they're all still triangles. So my advice to you is to concentrate on transitions instead of formations. Although you have a very limited number of possible formations, the way you get to them is what's going to make your piece interesting. With a smaller number of performers, you have to travel more. Good luck!
re: Formations
By MissionDance
On Wed Jan 18, 2006 02:53 PM
Thanks alot for your advise. Makes alot of sense... Thanks again

ReplySendWatch