Forum: Skating / Figure Skating

Does anyone get skaters magazines?
By etoile_et_lune
On Mon Jan 16, 2006 03:39 AM

Hey,
Does anyone get International Skater or OzSkater? Because I was thinking of subscibing to them, but I want to know what they are like before I go and buy them (the subsciptions are really expensive).
Thanks,
Victoria

6 Replies to Does anyone get skaters magazines?

re: Does anyone get skaters magazines?
By katreeannmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jan 16, 2006 07:16 PM
i got some for a year... i really liked reading them, and looking at the nice action shots.
By Jumpmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jan 17, 2006 07:26 AM
Not sure which skating magazine I saw at the bookstore, but it was SO expensive! Something like $20 ($1.7 = US$1) per copy. Argh. I'd love to subscribe, but rather short of the $$. :\
By twinkletoes84member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jan 28, 2006 03:30 PM
hey you know what i'm not sure if we have any in the uk... i mean we must have!! we used to have one called "Ice Age".. not seen any for a while though.... hows you're msn figure skating group going???

twinkletoes
By etoile_et_lune
On Sat Jan 28, 2006 06:18 PM
^ not doing very much - I haven't had the time. I'll persevere!! I need more comments on the message board and more members!!! I would really love EVERY SINGLE skater on this board to check it out
groups.msn.com . . .

Thanks for the advice on the magazines, I don't think i'll get them - the OzSkater magazine I found out about is around $50 for 4 editions!!! I can't afford that. I'd rather put the money into competition fees!!!
Words of Wisdom
By addi
On Thu Feb 09, 2006 07:46 PM
I get Blades On Ice and I love it. It always has great on and off the ice pictures of both american and international skaters, and it always has up to date interesting stories. But unfortunaley it only comes out once every two months...but i get really excited whenever it does come!
By lipinskifan4evamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:36 PM
mum and I get oz skater, it may not be as good as some of the internationals one, But it's cool because you see people you knwo in it.

Lipinskifan4eva

ReplySendWatch