Forum: Skating / Figure Skating

Ice Princess
By etoile_et_lune
On Mon Jan 16, 2006 05:58 AM

Hi,
I haven't been able to find out this so I was wondering if you guys know the answers; did the skaters in the movie know how to skate or did they have to be trained? If they did have to train, why didn't they just get skaters? Anyone know anything else fascinating about hte film?

4 Replies to Ice Princess

re: Ice Princess
By twinkletoes84member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jan 16, 2006 02:56 PM
heya!!

well they had to train... so they had clips of them actually skating for the film.. they did a lot if the skating themselves apart from like the hard jumps and stuff i think?? the girl that plays Nikki and the girl that plays Zoey are already skaters though.
Do you have the DVD because you can watch the movie with a commentary by Kirsten Olsen (Nikki) michelle trachtenburg (Casey) and the girl that plays Gen - sorry i cant remember her name.. because they go through it and talk about what they actually had to do... its realy interesting.. i've only watched the beginning like that though so not too sure exactly what they had to do.

twinkletoes
By KeepOnSinginPremium member
On Mon Jan 16, 2006 03:22 PM
^ Hayden Panettiere played Gen.
By twinkletoes84member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jan 16, 2006 03:41 PM
Edited by twinkletoes84 (84586) on 2006-01-16 15:42:11
thats it!!! thanks... that would have been bugging me all night!! lol
By nwtwirlchick09
On Mon Jan 16, 2006 07:09 PM
OOOO....I LOVE that movie...it rocks...i always wnated to learn to figure skate but my family doesnt have much cha-ching so i cant.

ReplySendWatch