Forum: Skating / Figure Skating

Skating with Celebrities
By SunshinePointemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Jan 19, 2006 08:07 AM

So if anyone caught this program last night...or didn't

I really enjoyed the skating part of the show, but otherwise I felt that the quality of the production was pretty subpar and silly. Also, I'm not sure that it's fair that some of the stars have obvious skating experience (the one girl that skated with Zimmerman was working on axels in practice when the other people could hardly skate?)

I'm going to keep watching but I doubt that this is something that will get picked up for another season.

Love, love, love Bruce Jenner - his waltz jumps were better than mine! And Dave Coulier ground off his toepicks??? I almost had a heart attack.

Did anyone else catch this?

11 Replies to Skating with Celebrities

re: Skating with Celebrities
By ballerina84member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:23 AM
I've been waiting for this show to air for a while so I was really excited to watch it, and I loved it! The teams actually did better than I thought they would. I'm a little worried that it might be fixed though. All the judges scores seemed to be very close together each time, and they had their definite favorites. I think everyone did a great job, but it's true that some obviously have more experience than others. I was shocked to see John Nicks as a judge! I never pictured him to do something like that. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the show turns out. I just hope no one gets seriously hurt. As a pair skater, I would feel very uncomfortable skating with a guy who had very little training. As much as I like the show, I just hope it's not going to give skating a bad name.
By SunshinePointemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Jan 19, 2006 02:00 PM
Amen to that - my boyfriend who is NOT a skater at all did remark that there was obvious favoritism, but also the pairs that had the male as the stronger skater definitely were at an advantage - i.e. Zimmerman. They can do all sorts of crazy lifts, but Meno (Mino?)is stuck with Todd Bridges who...well...I hope never tries to lift her lol.

I did like the show for the skating like I mentioned before, but I thought that the judging part and Scott Hamilton were very, very hokey.
By katreeannmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jan 19, 2006 04:49 PM
I think this show is hilorous and it proves to people that figure skating is way harder then it looks...
By Skate_Crazy
On Fri Jan 20, 2006 01:24 PM
There was no way that Zimmerman's partner had no previous skating experiance. She was getting WAY close to those axels, so unless she's like a supernatural or something.... :/
I laughed so hard when Dave Coulier was grinding off his toepicks. Clearly the work of a madman. He seemed to be doing OK with Nancy though, but we'll see as it gets harder for them.
Bruce Jenner's waltz jumps were really good, I was like, "Whoa."
Very good show, I'm definately going to keep watching.
By RodneysGlory
On Fri Jan 20, 2006 07:55 PM
Watching all the commercials all I could think was, "Ouch!" I was worried that they would all get hurt. I watched parts of it and I enjoyed it. I will have to watch again.
By Jumpmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jan 21, 2006 06:04 AM
I Want To SEE! *whine*
Sorry, suffering from skating-deprived-tv here. Still hoping and hoping that they will show the winter olympics. :(
By LEscrimeurFemmemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Feb 02, 2006 05:40 PM
All I gotta say is, Dancing w/ the Stars > Skating w/ Celebrities. Yes, I admit skating is A LOT harder but the show isn't as boring. And I live w/ a former competitive ballroom dancer so it's fun to hear her bitch about how it's just crowd-pleaser tricks.
By lilc0902
On Thu Feb 02, 2006 06:49 PM
I LOVE THE SHOW. I THINK JILLIAN BARBERIE WILL WIN.
By katreeannmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Feb 05, 2006 07:42 PM
Zimmers man partner did skate when she was younger, she said that on air.
By FolkestoneAngelsmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Feb 06, 2006 09:06 AM
We have a version of this program in england calld 'dancing on ice' It sound the same with celebs dancing with pro's. There is one couple on the show over here the man is slightly shorter than his pro female partner so he is having trouble doing lifts. They decided not to put them in and came out not very well on the judges score, so they put them back in and had an accedent.

There is another couple where the girl CANT skate to save her life so they spend the whole routine swinging her up in the air and they come out top every time so far.

I think it's all PANTS!

karen-X-
By FolkestoneAngelsmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Feb 06, 2006 09:14 AM
We have a version of this program in england calld 'dancing on ice' It sound the same with celebs dancing with pro's. There is one couple on the show over here the man is slightly shorter than his pro female partner so he is having trouble doing lifts. They decided not to put them in and came out not very well on the judges score, so they put them back in and had an accedent.

There is another couple where the girl CANT skate to save her life so they spend the whole routine swinging her up in the air and they come out top every time so far.

I think it's all PANTS!

karen-X-

ReplySendWatch