Forum: Skating / Figure Skating

Project Runway with Sasha Cohen
By SunshinePointemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Jan 19, 2006 08:16 AM

I thought that the winning dress, which can be seen here - projectrunway.com - was pretty awful. Maybe it's because the model was tall and the dress wasn't proportioned for her but um...yeah. I thought the dress that Nick made, or that Chloe made were far superior.

It was cute watching all of the designers get out there on the ice in their god-awful costumes - particularly Santino with his hat. It really reminds me of how far I come when I see other adults get out on the ice for the first time.

I'd love to get a lesson from Sasha Cohen any day, and I generally love her costumes, but man - I strongly disagree with her final selection, blech.

12 Replies to Project Runway with Sasha Cohen

re: Project Runway with Sasha Cohen
By katreeannmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jan 19, 2006 04:51 PM
That one that won is gross
i think that
Kara's Design shold of won, i really like that costume
By ballerina84member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jan 20, 2006 01:47 PM
I didn't think the winning dress was too bad, especially compared to some of the others. It just would've been better in my opinion if there wasn't so much sheer and a little more fabric covering the bust area. But Sasha has little boobs so it probably won't be a problem for her wearing it. :)
By RodneysGlory
On Fri Jan 20, 2006 07:57 PM
I agree... pretty much Yuck overall. I did like seeing her on the show though.
By smellykaT
On Fri Jan 20, 2006 09:12 PM
Edited by smellykaT (139314) on 2006-01-20 21:13:31 oops
Ah Jeez...i missed the show again :( But judging from the website photos I would have to say that the winning design is perfectly...nasty. I just don't see how a big patch of exposed stomach area is flattering? Anyways, If i had to pick a fave it would be the green, floaty creation a la Chloe. I think its unique and purty. Well, thats just my two cents.
By ballerina84member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:58 PM
I really liked the turquoise dress too, but I agreed with Sasha in that it really had no shape and probably wouldn't have looked really good on her. I hope she uses that color and idea in the future though.
Project Runway
By Rhea09
On Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:54 PM
I watched it I agree. Nick was better. Clhoes is alright too. I think every one should watch it its a great show.
By Jumpmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jan 21, 2006 06:00 AM
Phew!
Project Runway is still in its first season here. Thanks for the link.
I really like kara's design. Do I have bad taste or what? No one else seems to like it. I agree though, that the gold one is pretty yuck. It's hard to judge when the models are so model-esque and not very skater-like.
Project Runway with Sasha Cohen
By twirlchica
On Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:36 AM
I loved Nick's dress! I'm not a figure skater, but I am a twirler and we wear uniforms like that. I love to watch figure skating competitions all year, especially now that the Winter Olympics are close I watch them more closely. I thought for sure Nick would win, I mean his dress looked alot like the dresses I've seen other figure skaters wear. Like it was made like a figure skating dress.
By LEscrimeurFemmemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Feb 02, 2006 05:35 PM
Nick's was by far superior. Although I love Chloe's design, her skating dress was akin to that of a radioactive Christmas tree.

gratuitous use of nude material = NO! Sorry Zulema, do not pass go, do not collect $200
[/rant]
By Rubberbandmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Feb 03, 2006 09:21 AM
I HATED the winning dress. When I (and everyone I was watching it with) saw it we all said it was the worst one! AWFULL AWFULL AWFULL I can't believe she choose it.

I thought Chloes was the best!
By DanceNYY
On Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:15 AM
I didn't like the winning dress either! I thought there was far too much nude fabric for my liking. Does anyone know if Sasha has worn it yet? I want to see pictures of it when she does. Maybe it will look good on her, who knows!
I thought Chloe's dress (the turquoise one) was the best
By SunshinePointemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Feb 06, 2006 02:04 PM
What doesn't make sense is that if you go to projectrunway.com they have auctions for all the dresses/outfits that were made, including that one. I haven't heard or seen Sasha wear the dress, so maybe she thought better of it, or maybe they remade it by a professional sewer so it'll look a little different if she does wear it? On the show Sasha said something like "it has potential" so it could be that she's just adapting it.

I dunno ::shrug::

ReplySendWatch