Forum: Gym / Rhythmic Gymnastics

Stretching problem
By castlesintheair
On Fri Jan 20, 2006 06:22 AM

hi,i'm a new member here.i just want to ask something about stretching. i'm doing stretching everyday, but now it's to the extend that i feel a bit painful, especially for splits. It's always like that, at first i'm not that flexible, but after stretching continuously for a few days, i become more flexible, but if i continue stretching, i'd come to a day that i'm not that flexible and the stretching begins to hurt. But i'm afraid that if i stop doing stretching now, i'll lose my flexibility. So do i continue with the stretching or do i stop doing it? Hope my question is clear enough. Thanks!

3 Replies to Stretching problem

re: Stretching problem
By Atoniamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jan 20, 2006 06:38 AM
an advice u shouldn t strecth too much! cause otherwise u are going to harm ypurself seriously mostly if it hurts all ready.Don t forget your body remembers what u do and it doesn t loose just like thta flexibility of course some people are most flex than others and have to stretch less often.Personnaly i don t have to stretch every day once or twice/week is enough.I think in your case (it seems your not very flex) do it one day yes one day not.Like this your musclescan recover from the mini traumas of each time.When u strecth you pull a lot on your muscles and they automaticcaly get traumas. listen and u will see u l be even more flex the next time!!!and without pain(or less) all my support
By castlesintheair
On Fri Jan 20, 2006 07:04 AM
thanks Atonia!! i'll follow ur advice!
By AnjieAngel
On Fri Jan 20, 2006 05:16 PM
When I have problems with this, I usually massage my thighs before warming up ( see this video on rsgvideos: www.rsgvideos.com . . . DOWNLOAD it before watching!)
Usually, I don't need to warm up other than this either, I can sit straight into my splits, (not to be recommended unless you warm up easily or loose much flexibility when you are cold) but it sure is helpful!

ReplySendWatch