Forum: Music / Choreography:Pop

Guys And Dolls
By mlhsdancer
On Sat Jan 21, 2006 05:42 PM

Hey you guys and gals. I'm stumped on some choreography for the Junior version of "Guys and Dolls" for our high school drama class. We're performing the musical in March and need some ideas! The song I need help with is "A Bushel And A Peck" for the Hot Box Girls and Miss Adelaide. The girls dancing have no experience, with the exception of a few. There are 8 girls total dancing, including Miss Adelaide. Please help! We're stumped and need some cute, but good dance moves to go along with the words of the song. If you have any ideas, could you please email me at fallendove1120@hotmail.com or go to my myspace: myspace.com/fallendove1120 . Thanx alot it's much appreciated!

2 Replies to Guys And Dolls

re: Guys And Dolls
By bexie
On Tue Jan 24, 2006 04:52 AM
hey...we did the show a couple of years ago...i wasnt choregrapher but i was close with the woman who was. we used alot of side cross together back kicks as it went easliy with the beat. ( i - side, love - cross, you - together - back kick)

we also used props like garden rakes and hoes and stuff - i think adelaide had a basket of flowers as well.

hope this helps..if you need more ideas just pm me or email me at queenbex@hotmail.com
re: Guys And Dolls
By twinklepointemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Tue Jan 24, 2006 06:39 AM
I did this with a group not to long ago.
i was only the assistant choreographer but as in your situation - the hot box girls had no dance training !
All i can recommend is lots of repitition - eg the same thing for 'i love you, a busshel and a peck' try and make a lot of it hand movements and hip lifts and lots of wiggles !!
Theres a great chance to do things in cannon (but 2 at a time)
Good luck !
xx

ReplySendWatch