Forum: General / Tap / Tap - Advanced

biggest accomplishment
By TaPcRaZy424
On Sat Jan 21, 2006 08:40 PM

ok dancers, here is your chance to brag. What is your greatest accomplishment as a Tap dancer??

Mine would have to be winning the highest scoring tap solo ar showstopper in 2004. I was only 16 and i beat every tapper at the competition. I was also 10th over-all.

Another one of my greatest accomplishments was when i got to take private lessons with the one and only Cory Finn last fall. I love him.....

**Please brag nicely....no one likes a cocky snob!

10 Replies to biggest accomplishment

re: biggest accomplishment
By glitterfairyPremium member
On Sun Jan 22, 2006 05:07 AM
My "formal" bragging point is probably scoring pretty high at a very big eisteddfod in my area, however the most important point was the fact I tied with a number of people who I all expected to grind me into the dust. Who cares what I placed - someone whose opinion I respected thought I was worthy to stand next to all the brilliant tappers! (most of them were boys, and I'm a light tapper... I don't know how the heck I impressed the adjudicater but it would appear that somehow I did) *knee wobble*

My informal bragging point is just being able to participate in and keep up/perform well in advanced classes I've done. Again, this may not mean much to other people, but to know deep inside that I'm on par with people who I think are brilliant tappers makes me feel like I've achieved something fabulous :)

I'm a goal-orientated person, and I normally set things like "I want to tap as well or better than him/her". Hence all the people-orientated results (for those who are totally confused).
By tappingangel
On Sun Jan 22, 2006 06:18 PM
ive done alot since ive been tapping...i usually score well in competitions, and i do well while performing.

my greatest accomplishment, to this day, HAS to be the first tap number i choreographed. i put the dance together, i set the lights, i picked out the costumes, i cut the music, i decorated the psych, i did EVERYTHING for that number myself, and it turned out perfectly. it was a HUGE success with everyone i had feedback from.

as a dancer, creating your own piece, music, lights and all, is DEFINATELY the best accomplishment in the world. trophies dont matter as much anymore, and you stop caring so much about placing high...you just get excited, because you know YOU did it all by yourself. at least, thats how i felt ^_^ and still feel about that piece.
By HannahMariemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:10 PM
My biggest success was dancing with Tyler Hayden of the Tap Dogs. My studio hired him to choreograph an acapella. We had to audition and do that whole thing and I got through and got to spend several weeks training with Tyler, and in the end he came to our performance and loved it. It was one of the most amazing experiences ever.
Also, I went to a summer intensive at a local dance school and took an advanced tap class, and we learned the tap number from Singin' in the Rain, when they are in the office. I was pretty proud that I could do the whole thing.
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:35 AM
Mine would be passing my full teacher's diploma with flying colours.

Helen
By Chevy14
On Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:30 PM
Mine may be smaller than all of yours but it IS being asked to teach tap. Only 4 student teachers are picked form our whole inter/adv groups to teach and i was the one to pick tap since althought im nto thee best at tricks and such, im really good at rhythem and style, plus thats what they want to teach to their little dancers. At ages 7-12 no one cares if you cant do wings on your toes! Haha anyways being givin that honour is my greatest accomplishment. And i got 87 on my tap solo last year...hat was pretty good too..

Chevy
By tap_gurl_88
On Thu Apr 20, 2006 06:58 AM
i have two

when i did my first competative duet in 7th grade, we took 1st, 2nd, 1st, n 3rd overall at the four regionals we went to that year (in that order). i was definatly impressed with myself then.

my other one is being successful in choreographing my first competative tap dance which was none other then my solo for this year. since i'm 18 it's still legal for the choreographer to compete in the number. i didn't place but i got a 283 which i thought was a great score for my first competative routine. i was afraid it was gunna suck, but hey, high gold doesnt :)
RE: biggest accomplishment
By icurnvs2m8
On Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:43 PM
MMMMMM to pick my biggest accomplishment. I have so many. I suppose I start from the beginning and go through what I appreciate what I've done and been part of.

1. When I was 9 went to America to perform in the Fred Astaire Peforming Arts Championship and won many scholarships and a gold medal and repeating it many years later winning highest point scorer
2. Doing a Championship many years above my age group and placing 2nd and only a mark behind to an awesome tapper and friend of mine "Ben Read" (one of the original "Tap Dogs")
3. Getting a perfect score of 100 in a routine
4. Being selected to join "Tap Dogs" at the age of 17 and being part of the company for almost 10 years
5. And most recently jamming with Jason Samuel Smith (as I see him as one of the best tappers in the world at present) and him paying me a compliment of being able to watch me jam all night long (that's huge when thinking he is a guy I could watch jam all night)
By devilzsoupmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jun 08, 2006 04:34 PM
well mine's just going to seem tiny compared to others but my biggest achievements so far have been getting an A in my intermediate tap exam after not tapping for about 6 years (started again when i went to college and did inter for about 9 months before i took my exam) and teaching the primary tap class how to do shuffle ball changes! sounds silly I know but it's a really hard step for them but i managed to get them to do them pretty well first time! yay!
i love teaching tap!
By fossegirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jun 26, 2006 02:06 PM
My tap partner and I won TWO national titles in our division one year when I was 10. yay. not that big of an acheivement!
xoxo
kait
By dixietessmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jul 12, 2006 07:24 AM
My biggest accomplishment would probably have to be finishing my Level 10 exam last year.. (The final exam in my syllabus).. There were only 6 people that went for it last year in Australia, and 2 failed.. I got the highest mark in the country last year.. So i was pretty happy

ReplySendWatch