Forum: Skating / Figure Skating

Sascha Coen?!?
By etoile_et_lune
On Sun Jan 22, 2006 09:54 PM

Sorry, I'm not sure how to spell her name that well - but has anyone else noticed that she's been looking *really* skinny a competitions recently?

21 Replies to Sascha Coen?!?

re: Sascha Coen?!?
By ravnmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jan 23, 2006 06:27 AM
*shrugs*

She looks about normal Sasha size to me...
By SunshinePointemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jan 23, 2006 08:05 AM
That's just her...she's extremely petite. I think Kimmie Meisner looks thinner than Sasha Cohen - but they're all perfectly healthy for the sport.
By ballerina84member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jan 23, 2006 08:50 AM
Sasha's always been really skinny. It's just her body type. She's also only about 5'2". Kimmie used to look skinnier I think. She's grown quite a bit since last year as well.
By Skate_Crazy
On Mon Jan 23, 2006 01:22 PM
I know that Sasha has always been thin, but she does look just the slightest bit thinner this season... Maybe I'm wrong though.
By SunshinePointemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jan 23, 2006 01:44 PM
I'll throw out there that Sasha has been sick this whole season...

Why is it that figure skaters get sick so often? I'm getting over a terrible flu as we speak and I take care of myself
By etoile_et_lune
On Tue Jan 24, 2006 04:26 PM
^ I would argue that it's because we spend time wearing very little in a very cold room!!! :P
By Skate_Crazy
On Tue Jan 24, 2006 05:14 PM
Oh, that's right. I forgot that she's been sick all season.
By smellykaT
On Wed Jan 25, 2006 05:05 PM
I must admit that I let out a "holy crap she's tiny!" during her long program at nationals. I do agree that she's naturally small-framed and in incredible shape, but in my opinion she looked even smaller than usual. Oh well, she has been sick so maybe that's why. Go Sasha!
On Wed Jan 25, 2006 05:38 PM
I think Sasha looks smaller in street clothes or pants than she does in a skating dress actually. When they showed her practicing in a tank and tight black pants, she looked really really thin. And the fact that she's totally flat and has no shape to her body doesn't help either. I was just amazed how different she looked from practice pants to a competition dress.
On Wed Jan 25, 2006 05:39 PM
I think Sasha looks smaller in street clothes or pants than she does in a skating dress actually. When they showed her practicing in a tank and tight black pants, she looked really really thin. And the fact that she's totally flat and has no shape to her body doesn't help either. I was just amazed how different she looked from practice pants to a competition dress.
By Erinyean_Dreams
On Sun Jan 29, 2006 05:47 PM
My Mum and I were actually talking about the same thing -- she does look a lot thinner. And, the red bracelet she has been sporting lately doesn't exactly stop people from assuming she has an eating-disorder. She is extremely hard-working and, as mentioned, has been sick nearly all season, so that probably caused some of the weight loss, but you're right, she looks much thinner than she used to and I hope she is all-right.
By etoile_et_lune
On Sun Jan 29, 2006 05:56 PM
^she's been wearing a red bracelet? Like to all funcions and whatever? I saw her on some ESPN highlights thing the other night and she's really looking skeletal. And can I point out that constant illness is a symptom of anorexia. I hope she's ok!
By Erinyean_Dreams
On Mon Jan 30, 2006 03:43 PM
Un-fortunately, I haven't been watching much skating lately, so I don't know about all functions, how-ever, it was very noticeable during Nationals. In light of not wanting to spread rumours though, there might be a chance she is practising Kabbalah, as at least one other skater on the U.S. team is, so the red bracelet may be related to that and not to any pro-anorexia activity. I don't want to make accusations where there are none; just to point out that I have noticed the weight-loss, as well, and that I hope she isn't starving or bingeing/purging.

Any-way, here is a picture of her during Nationals. If you look closely, you'll notice the red bracelet on her left wrist. I don't know what the Kabbalah bracelet would look like -- just that it's red -- so, again, I may have jumped the gun in assuming she is pro-anorexia, so please don't take my word too seriously.

Image hotlink - 'http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20060115WP_lastsasha_450.jpg'
By Jumpmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jan 31, 2006 08:37 AM
Checked out some pictures of kabbalah bracelets online, and they seem to look just like that. They can range from a simple red string, to a braided string to red beads (courtesy of Google images). One website says that it's the fad of the 'stars' like lindsay lohan and ashton kutcher (how true that is, I don't know).
I guess we can't really be sure.
By Jazz_rosey19
On Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:16 PM
Persoanly.... I see nothing wrong about Sasha I jus tthink she is a wonderfully beautiful skater and I can't wait to see her in Torino next week.
*Megan*
(A.K.A. Jazz_rosey19)
By katreeannmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:11 PM
me too, i hope she places on top this year
By Jumpmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Feb 02, 2006 02:56 AM
me three. She's good and strong, and she deserves to get a podium finish. then people will stop saying that she cracks under pressure etc. You know, I actually have seen her skate with that red band on her wrist, and I just assumed it was a rubberband (the kind that you use to tie up packets.. of chilli? they come in red and yellow) :D
By gorhythmic
On Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:04 PM
i think if sasha had sometype of eating dissorder she would not be able to get through her programmes without looking seriously tired. i know if i dont eat before i train (im a rhythmic gymnast but its similar) its all pointless because you just cant train like that. remember she is looking the strongest she's ever looked on the ice now, so to me this accusation seems out of the question. i havent really noticed any change in her weight since last season - i have noticed though her new costumes do make her appear more slim - the flesh tones, 'V' shapes on the bodice, details on the skirt instead of the waiste, etc ...
By lilc0902
On Thu Feb 02, 2006 06:51 PM
ALL I KNOW IS SHE CAN REALLY SKATE...SHE'S GREAT!
By lilc0902
On Thu Feb 02, 2006 06:52 PM
Removed by Theresa (28613) on 2006-02-02 20:16:22 Please check your caps lock - I think it's stuck!
ALL I KNOW IS SHE CAN REALLY SKATE...SHE'S GREAT!
By DanceNYY
On Tue Feb 07, 2006 06:05 PM
I always thought it was kaballah, but I didn't know there was a pro-anorexia symbol like that too.
I forgot the olympics are starting so soon! I can't wait to see Sasha perform :)

ReplySendWatch