Poll: Adults / 40 Something

Page:
Page 3 of 3: 1 2 3
re: Are you what you wanted to be when you grew up?
By dans_e
On Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:41 AM
I became what I wanted to be...a ballerina (now retired:) now teaching and very involved in the art world.
By wendy_sansom
On Wed Dec 02, 2009 09:19 AM
im lucky as i never really had any ideas but have gained a loving family (3 girls) and husband
By TwirlinTeach7
On Sun Jun 17, 2012 01:21 AM
Back in sixth grade, I had decided I wanted to be a newspaper journalist working in Washington,DC. I watched Dan Rather, read his bio, and loved reading newspapers and watching the news. When I enrolled in journalism my freshman year, I worked on the BG News, and it wasn't at all like I thought it would be. My sophomore year, I met my Little for Big Brothers/Big Sisters, and I loved the kids- helping with homework, talking about life, it was at that time I knew I wanted to teach young people and share my love of reading and writing. I have been at it for 24 years, and I wouldn't change anything about my chosen profession:)!
By ChristinePremium member
On Sun Jun 17, 2012 05:52 AM
I wanted to be a wife and mother.

Be careful what you wish for!

Keep On Dancing*
By Fabrizio
On Fri Dec 21, 2012 06:51 PM
I wanted to be a Manga artist, model, laywer, politician, or translator. I ended up become a laywer.
By Chrissy7
On Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:29 AM
I’m a guy that grew up playing sports ( baseball and football) and my dad was my coach. I played sports and my sister came and watched, but my sister was a ballet dancer so I had to go watch her dance recital‘s, and that’s when a young age I realized I always wanted to be at ballet dancer- There was a guy my sisters ballet recital and I thought it was so weird to see a guy with all the girls and wearing tights on stage but it made me so interested and I wanted to do it. It sucks, I missed many years because I could never do this having a father who would have a heart attack if he knew his son wanted to be in tights on stage in ballet recitals with girls in pretty big tutus.
In college I finally was living on my own and decided to finally do it and I have been taking ballet ever since and this spring I am going to be in my first ballet recital and I am so excited I can’t believe it!! The girls are going to be in very cute pink tutus and I am going to be in white tights and I get to be in my first ballet recital and there’s no way I could ever tell my father.

It was one of the hardest things I ever did but I’m so happy that I started taking ballet and became the person that I wanna do be...
There are guys who really like the “ballet arts” and would like to take it and I wish more would come forward and do so, although I’ve never told any of my friends or parents. I’m not ashamed to say, I LOVE ballet!! :)
By Chrissy7
On Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:30 AM
I�m a guy that grew up playing sports ( baseball and football) and my dad was my coach. I played sports and my sister came and watched, but my sister was a ballet dancer so I had to go watch her dance recital�s, and that�s when a young age I realized I always wanted to be at ballet dancer- There was a guy my sisters ballet recital and I thought it was so weird to see a guy with all the girls and wearing tights on stage but it made me so interested and I wanted to do it. It sucks, I missed many years because I could never do this having a father who would have a heart attack if he knew his son wanted to be in tights on stage in ballet recitals with girls in pretty big tutus.
In college I finally was living on my own and decided to finally do it and I have been taking ballet ever since and this spring I am going to be in my first ballet recital and I am so excited I can�t believe it!! The girls are going to be in very cute pink tutus and I am going to be in white tights and I get to be in my first ballet recital and there�s no way I could ever tell my father.

It was one of the hardest things I ever did but I�m so happy that I started taking ballet and became the person that I wanna do be...
There are guys who really like the �ballet arts� and would like to take it and I wish more would come forward and do so, although I�ve never told any of my friends or parents. I�m not ashamed to say, I LOVE ballet!! :)
By Chrissy7
On Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:47 AM
YES!! I have not and I’m so excited that I will be dancing in my first ballet in June, the spring dance recital I am so excited and I think it will be beautiful because the girls have pretty pink tutus and I will be in white tights and white ballet slippers- i’m so excited I’ve wanted to be in a ballet for years so this will finally be so much fun!! ☺️

I grew up playing sports and my dad with my coach so I never got a chance to take ballet or tell him that that’s what I’ve always wanted to do, he would freak out so it kind of sucks but I take ballet privately without telling my parents :(

I wish people would know and understand that there are guys that like the arts and would like to take ballet but they’re such a stigma about it that they never finally just start, it’s too bad...
Page:
Page 3 of 3: 1 2 3

ReplySendWatch