Forum: New Zealand / New Zealand - General

NCEA results - how did you go?
By Iridescencemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jan 25, 2006 04:27 PM

Well, I passed 6th form guys. I was so incredibly worried about failing and having to re-sit 6th form. Very, very relieved. Now I can party at Parachute :D

How did you all go?

9 Replies to NCEA results - how did you go?

re: NCEA results - how did you go?
By Sparkz_NzPremium member
On Wed Jan 25, 2006 05:27 PM
yay! Did you pass everything? What classes are you doing at level 3?
By SiyoNqobamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jan 25, 2006 07:41 PM
Edited by SiyoNqoba (34789) on 2006-01-25 19:43:32
Well done :D

I passed every single paper I sat (apart from the two Biology ones I didn't even open lol).

I got two Excellences for Classics! I was so, so suprised with all that trouble with the stupid Odyssey paper (I failed every single practise one because I could analyse well, but not remember any of the simple stuff). Not to mention the essay questions lol.

I also got Excellence for the genre paper (Media Studies), which was freakishly suprising. Not complaining though!

I got an Achieved for English, which I was slightly dissapointed about. Hopefully it wont effect getting into Scholarship this year. Same with History.

I could do Biology instead of Geography this year, if I wanted to, but I dont think I'm going to. Biology was kind of boring last year.
By jenn_np
On Wed Jan 25, 2006 08:42 PM
mine were completely not what i expected
i did well in subjects i thought i'd do bad in, and pretty average in the subjects i got first in :\
i HATE science, yet got all M's and E's
and I LOVE economics, I got all E's in my mocks and internals, and only got 3 M's and 2 A's... :-S
as for spanish, id decided I was going to fail before I even went on exam leave, therefore did no study, but came out with 2 M's and an E.
Bizarre, totally bizarre.
By SiyoNqobamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jan 25, 2006 09:33 PM
I think they made it a lot easier to pass this year.

For instance, with one of the Classics papers, you could get one question wrong and fail the whole thing. Or you could only get four questions right, and get Excellence. It depended entirely on what questions you got wrong. It had been a point of major stress for me, because every time I practised it, I failed. But I ended up getting Excellence. I think they definitely changed the marking system.
By flying_elephant
On Sat Jan 28, 2006 02:32 AM
i did pretty good.i got excellence on my art board yuss!
By kiwi_ballerina
On Sat Jan 28, 2006 05:13 AM
Veeeery happy, I was so nervous about passing as i didnt do too well in my mocks so i was pleased to see a couple E's popping up on my results page! :)
By jenn_np
On Sun Jan 29, 2006 06:08 PM
ahhh i got my papers back today
flicking through them i made the DUMBEST mistakes, and sooo many of my merits must've been almost E's
i'm good at stuffing up the achieved questions and getting the tricky ones whcih then have to be counted back :(
By leezathebaleriza
On Mon Jan 30, 2006 03:38 AM
lol, i'm glad to hear people are happy with their results! to be honest, even though i passed level two, i am definatley not so happy! i mean, i know i could've done SO much better! i am dissapinted in myself mainly, probably because i did so well in level one, i probably slacked off a bit, but still! I am gutterd especially in some papers though, that i actually focused on, i still didn't pass! :( during the exam, they seemed fine! it will be intresting when i get the papers back, to have a good look through them, to see how i stuffed up... sorry about the rant.. bot o well, i still got the level... but grr! :P
By Iridescencemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Jan 30, 2006 01:20 PM
Sparkz - I passed all but one of my subjects with better marks than I was expecting. I wasn't interested in passing Maths, because the teacher I had favoured the smarter kids in the class. So I struggled. Anyway, the paper Courtney talked about (the Odyssey in Classical Studies) I got Merit for, which was a shock, because I walked out of the room after 45 minutes. I got Merit for the Drama paper, which I'm stoked about because I had no idea what I was doing and should help me get into Scholarship.

Overall, I'm just incredibly happy I passed 6th form, and even more happy I averaged a Merit.

ReplySendWatch