Forum: General / Hip Hop / Locking

Page:
Page 10 of 11: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
HMM...LET ME SPARK IT BACK UP WITH FOOD FOR THOUGHT..
By skip718
On Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:54 AM
what style is mj most famous for?...come one..name them...his watered down brand of funkstyles...thats it..a couple of spins..and crotch grabs...trust me...if u want the real...get the real..he's a great performer...a MUSIC ...icon...notice i put "music" in caps...but dance wise....

and this is comming from a real funkstyle popper fooz...and i ain't skurd to say it....this form of dance that we do..is becomming more unified and teachable..so...in essence..the dance will be the majority once again..and the modern jazz..the jazz..the tap...the ballet dancers..all these dancers will hate..like they have done in the past..but this time..their hate will be to no avail...

watch every music video..every commercial..damn near everything on tv..has some sort of funkstyle popping...or breaking in it..so..whats the problem people..get out and learn about what your watching... to me this dance style is like..someone cheating off of a test..many people take the answers..but in reality...they are just cheating themselves..because they didn't know the answers for themselves..they just took..and left the rest..and kept it on the hush...like mj.. dave scott..wade robeson...etc..

the real joy is getting out and studying..learning the craft..so when your tested..u kno your ish...well..im back to practicing...later...
re: MICHAEL JACKSON is such an amazing dancer
By DreamDance83
On Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:35 PM
A couple of spins and crotch grabs? You have some learning to do. I wish I could lend you at least a couple of the forty something MJ videos I have, lol. And since when was it a crime to do some poppin or breakin moves if you're not a popper or break dancer? So if a non classified dancer does SOME poppin or breakin in his routines, he/she is straight up a biter because he isn't the REAL deal when it comes to break dancing or poppin? Because he/she isn't a full on breakdancer, he or she are cheating? Pssh. Makes no sense to me. And just because someone doesn't invent dance moves it doesn't mean they suck. Like I said, it's how you put together your moves and establish your own style that's important. Fred Astaire didn't invent tapping yet he is one of the greatest dance legends. Some of you guys think that poppin and break dancing are the only forms of dance. Well, that besides the point...if MJ ONLY did street moves, then you guys should argue...but he doesn't. Don't just analyze the poppin' he does in his routines cuz he ain't all about that. His style is more influenced by James Brown, Fred Astaire and other earlier dance legends than break dancing.
By meandonlyme
On Tue Nov 02, 2004 08:59 PM
i fully agree with dreamdance... there are pple who are not full pledged dacers.. and they jus wanna learn a couple of moves.. that's not a crime yea? and..isnt learning a good thing? haha.. u've gotta start somewhere rite?..heh
By barriofino
On Sun Nov 07, 2004 01:06 PM
i agree mike is great
I was wondering
By Akito
On Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:32 AM
I've seen a lil video clip of him dancing to his sister janets music. He was doin some robotic miming, hell you can't even explain the things he was doing with his body. And this clip was from way back in 1989 or 1990 and i've never seen him do anything like that. Point being he's still not shown everything he's got.

Hi revolutionVsix, I was wondering where did you see that clip? Do you think you can send it to me? because I want to see it.

By the way, Invent... do you know a guy named Adverb?
By Invent
On Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:36 AM
Yea....YEA.... I think i've seen him at Homeland in Long Beach....
Invent
By the way
By Akito
On Wed Nov 24, 2004 06:04 PM
Edited by Akito (113730) on 2004-11-24 17:58:03
By the way Invent, Adverb is friends with michael jackson and he said MJ can free style. I remember you saying that MJ can do is dance to choreography. Maybe we should meet up sometime with Adverb and practice. Adverb is my teacher. I haven't seen him in awhile but yeah hopefully I get to see him soon. He's really good at locking.
Moonwalk vs. backslide
By GROOVALOOS
On Sat Dec 04, 2004 09:18 AM
What the mainstream calls "Moonwalk" is actually called the "backslide". It is the moonwalk you see in Smooth Criminal where MJ is moving in slow motion around himself. Think about it, people never slid backyards on the moon.
Every one in the Funkstyle community knows that, but it's just like "breaking" or "bboying/bgirling" being called breakdancing. You can say "breakdancing" or "moonwalk" and everyone will know what you are refering to, but they are not the correct terms.
By sexy_babe
On Sun Dec 05, 2004 05:22 AM
MJ is the best dancer ever!!!!
talk about old school
By Akito
On Mon Dec 06, 2004 05:47 PM
umm... we know that... backslide was created by Tickin Will RIP Tickin WilL! MJ may have not given Popin Taco and Poppin pete any credibility but he's a great dancer. You gotta admit that he can pop pretty well and tap pretty good. He's a good dancer/singer and I definitely enjoy his songs. Poppin Pete and Poppin Taco should seriously talk to MJ and ask him WTF he didn't mention about them. Anyway, MJ is such an amazing liar.
By DHDanCeR28
On Sun Dec 26, 2004 05:30 PM
MJ is the man. all u gotta do is watch Justin T,Janet,Usher,etc to see what influences he had. its like there all MJ's Children!!
By Caitlin_Squigley
On Sun Dec 26, 2004 06:58 PM
you are so rite! i dont no y ppl r making up these rumors about him being such a bad person! it makes me sad :( well anyways i think ur doing a good job for standing up for wut u think is totally awsum! dont worry about what ppl say if they dont think michael jackson is cool!
By FabulousFeet
On Sun Dec 26, 2004 07:06 PM
Michael Jackson is an amazing dancer and artist. I'm very excited because I just got his "number 1s" album last week and I have been listening to it practically non stop! (That is until I got my wicked soundtrack yesterday!)
By pneuma180
On Wed Jan 05, 2005 03:30 PM
i agree!!!!
By lilmisbad
On Thu Jan 06, 2005 05:15 AM
yeah, he is amazing, and he inspired quite a lot of people. i would be really really really sad, if he is found guilty, and sent away:C he is a great artist, and hope he will bring more. and guess what i got, a dvd, with all his moves, well not excectly all of dem, but most of da best moves, and i get to learn them, yippy, there are like 30 videos, with an instructor, who teaches them.
MJ
By EmeryTosh
On Sat Jan 15, 2005 04:18 AM
MJ is good as dancer, but as person? There is no dancemove, which allows you to have sex with children....
By iH0p
On Sat Jan 15, 2005 06:21 PM
LOL!!! ooooomg..... that's funny... wow....

well maybe he just meant to try booty popping or freaking... and accidentally went too far....

ihop
AS a person he is unknown
By Akito
On Sun Jan 16, 2005 09:20 PM
We don't know him personally so we don't know how the hell he really is. So for the people who judge him even though they don't know him, don't. Sure he may be weird but think about it, everybody is weird in their own way. Obviously his interviews make him look weird but hey, at least he's being himself. I am neutral about his whole child molestation case. As for him being a child molester I will not say anything because it has not yet been proven. Once it is proven then I will believe that he is. It would suck ass if he is though. Regardless of his personality and life I will always be a fan of his music and dancing. I don't give a damn about people's opinion about a great artist. If he was still black and didn't have such a bad childhood I bet many people would definitely like MJ. MJ is, in MY opinion, a great singer and dancer.
By Pipringals05
On Thu Feb 17, 2005 04:26 PM
Yes! I totally agree mj is a phenominal dancer. And I know about 1million people will jump on me about this but he is a very sick man. Most prodigy's are a little disturbed. Examples, sigmund frued, r. kelly, vincent van gogh
By dancer172
On Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:28 PM
Mj is amazing, and people at my school just judge him by whats on the news. they dont know what a great dancer he is! and great singer... But ya all u guys KNOW what ur talking about when u say he is a great dancer! love to u all!
Xo
Chrissy
By dancerandie5678
On Sat Feb 19, 2005 08:10 AM
kay, i need a lil help! im doing a comp. solo peice, to MJ's THRILLER...any costume ideas?? (Webisitres??) please post or email moi @: gymnast_50@hotmail.com THANX!!
WHOOOA
By D4LMD
On Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:42 AM
" Mj is amazing, and people at my school just judge him by whats on the news. they dont know what a great dancer he is and great singer "

Yeah I have that problem here in Holland too .. ,

In my opinion Micheal Jackson is one of the greatest living legends ever that ever existed .. I don't give a damn about who inspired him or teached him .., cause it was Micheal on stage, he was doing all those things for his fans .. not the people who helped him .. Micheal said he didn't like to tour .. he couldn't do normal things like the most of us here .. I know most of the people who judge MJ don't know how &(*^%^ his life is really ..

I don't think MJ abused those children .. but I will if he is found quilty on the charges ..

It won't change anything tho .. , cause I'm still gonna watch billie jean or live MJ performances .. it's so inspiring .. and i really dig the attitude and syle of MJ when he's dancin ... he pretty much made me a dancer lol, cause i saw his moves on tv .. and now i love all kinda of dance ..

Peace

streetwalkin.info

Michiel
..let me clear
By skip718
On Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:39 AM
i have footage of taco and hugo showing mj stuff in the streets..you guys know.."the 2 guys that showed him the "moonwalk"..which is acutally the "BACKSLIDE"..the moonwalk is a totally different move..

electricboogaloos.com

check out their resume section..matter of fact..i'll post the direct link to their resume section..

www.electricboogaloos.com . . .

saves you the trouble of having to look for it and say u can't find it..

o man..im out..mj...watered down taco..even down to the style of clothing..

straight shut it down..
By vanessa05
On Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:59 AM
i totally agree he is amazing i just love his dance style.
By PrettyInPink314
On Sat Feb 26, 2005 02:23 PM
I dont care for MJ's singing, but he is definately an amazing dancer.
Page:
Page 10 of 11: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed