Forum: General / Hip Hop / Popping

Float/Glide Help
By NHPopHunk
On Thu Jan 26, 2006 04:04 PM

I have looked through a bunch of pages on here and have found nothing to do with floats and glides..only that some people on here dont think they arent worth learning or whatever but I want to lean how to glide, and make it mine of course..i know the weight transfer is the hard part of it so if someone could help me out by a video or whatever thanks a bunch..pm me or leave on here..thanks again..

6 Replies to Float/Glide Help

re: Float/Glide Help
By tappingangel
On Thu Jan 26, 2006 05:42 PM
i havent seen this question in a while, so i figure ill answer it here to help anyone else out as well.

to glide/float: start by lifting one foot and transfer your weight to the ball of your foot...in regular dance terms, forced arch....then, put all of your weight onto the ball of that foot, and keeping the other one flat on the floor (weightless tho) slide it backwards, then switch your weight to the next foot, in forced arch, then slide the other foot back....the motion keeps going. be sure to keep your feet flat on the floor when sliding them back, and dont lift either foot up off of the floor.

this is how i was taught...i know its hard to understand, but its hard to explain online...your best bet is to ask someone to show you in slow motion, and then pay close attention. hopefully this helps a little bit!!!!!!!

love, angel
By SpellieDev
On Thu Jan 26, 2006 06:09 PM
video.google.com . . .

it's all MJ clips. you can see the weight transfer best when he does his side stuff.
By MaceoshiValley
On Fri Feb 17, 2006 04:17 PM
if you have soulseek look for me on the popping room sometime, I got alot of stuff to help you with that.
By NHPopHunk
On Fri Feb 17, 2006 04:45 PM
whats soulseek?? could u like pm me some help haha..or tlel me how to get soulseek..whatever it is haha
gliding
By ceilingfeet
On Thu Mar 09, 2006 09:07 AM
to glide its pretty simple if you have good turn out and good cooridination , its alot of heel toe heel toe action and smoothness , and if you can add a little love ahh ya all the more better haha
By shaggyPopsy
On Fri Mar 24, 2006 02:34 AM
yea gliding needs a lot of balance and time to practise, az you must balance on the tips of your toes for a while at a time to make it look GREAT...u know i suggest practise a lot, and then youll find its one of the easiest thingz to achieve out of all funk...

PEACE
(BFC)

ReplySendWatch