Forum: Gym / Rhythmic Gymnastics

bad position no?
By Atoniamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:21 PM

this picture makes me doub of her lesgs flexibilities...

7 Replies to bad position no?

re: bad position no?
By hamfistPremium member
On Fri Jan 27, 2006 02:27 PM
The photo has been taken during what would be a relatively fast performance. If you get a modern camera and take a "squirt" of photos and then look at one you will usually see the most uncomplimentary look.

A single photo taken during performance should never be used as an indication of the performers skill.

Ian
By birthdaycake
On Sat Jan 28, 2006 02:41 AM
I agree completely with what was said above. Its only one frame out of a bunch when you take pictures you dont always capture the best momment.
By GymLovermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jan 28, 2006 03:22 AM
Well no the picture is taken at the right time. This is the balance she does but there is also no intention to stretch both legs. And no it's not the easiest balance around cause she bends her knee.

It is true though that Teo wasn't really known for outstanding flexibility but that has no business here cause she could do a normal split as well she just never used much balances in her routines. They were up tempo many direction changes many gorgeous pirouettes and acrobatics and leaps.
By RGSuperfan
On Sat Jan 28, 2006 06:16 AM
Maybe it is done on purpose :S
By AnjieAngel
On Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:20 PM
It's done on purpose for sure. It's easier, and you get the same amount of points, so why not? I agree it's not so pretty to watch as with a stretched knee, but the routine should reflect the gymnasts qualities, and those pivots! Sessina, go home!
By dancinglaurenne
On Thu Feb 23, 2006 02:53 AM
hey there ,,, i think it a gd position,,, but a thinkit wood b beta if you had a straight leg instead xxx:)xxx
By AnjieAngel
On Thu Feb 23, 2006 07:35 AM
COP says, when it comes to pivots and balances:
The element can be performed with a straight or bent knee, this doesn't change the value of it. But they must be performed high on the toe. (bad grammar, I know)
There are other muscles required for doing elements with bent knee instead of with a stretched one. Around the knees, mainly, but you also have to use another balance point in your body. Some gymnasts can't close their legs after the position with bent knees, because you fall forward more easily than you would if it was performed with a straigth one. So the position is not bad, and can't be called better with a straight knee. If you think about ring balances, for instance, a bent knee would be better, because it would also show off leg flexibility as well as back flexibility.
And at last, the RGTC has approved this variation, so you can't really talk about bad technique if the knee is bent. The difficulty lies in closing the position afterwards, where the bent knee as stated above, would be a disadvantage.

ReplySendWatch Draw