Poll: General / Tap / Clogging

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
What color shoes do you have.
By KC5678member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 231, member since Sun Oct 16, 2005
On Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:07 PM

I have normal white ones but i was wondering if there are many other color ones that i have never seen.

kc

27 Replies to What color shoes do you have.

re: What color shoes do you have.
By ShadowLunaCatPremium member Comments: 8820, member since Sun Sep 12, 2004
On Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:33 PM
When I saw traditional clogging for the first time, the team wore black single taps. That seems to hold true for the other cloggers that I have seen -- the Fiddlekicks -- out of Pennsylvania, Footworks -- in Maryland, The Kitchen Sync Cloggers -- from Vermont, the Stump Jumpers (Tom Hinds RULES!), The Salmon Run Cloggers... All wore black, single taps.

And then, I went South to Texas for a month -- and danced with a modern group. And wore my black with their white. Talk about a black sheep! :D But, I learned one of my favorite modern dances down there, "Jose Cuervo, Tequila Mix."

In sum, I have five-some pairs of black clogging shoes: a pair of Capezio tap-sneakers, which are uber-cushioned, for help when dancing on solid cement surfaces, a pair of Capezio jazz-oxford character shoes -- for dancing on surfaces that forbid taps, a pair of (ridiculous) patent-leather shoes that I wear because the heel is good for waltz-clog, and a pair of Bloch taps, which were my first taps, and a pair of Capezio taps, which are WONDERFUL!

I wear black, because I personally prefer the Traditional style of clogging, and I've come to associate black with Traditional. Natch, there's a team in San Antonio Texas who wear white shoes, I think they're the Yellow Rose of Texas, or something like that, and they dance both traditional AND modern.

The team that I dance with now, who's modern, wear white shoes, and again, I'm sticking out like a black sheep...

A con that I can see about white shoes -- keeping them clean, keeping the scuff marks off of them, having to take care if one dances outdoors on questionable surfaces.

A pro about white shoes -- people can SEE them. If you're dancing up a storm, and you are wearing black shoes, and people are trying to see what steps you're doing, they have to squint. Whereas, white shoes are like Michael Jackson's glove. They stand out. It's easier to see them from afar. And, it's easier to see what kind of steps are done.

I've actually seen dancers clog in ***red*** taps, but that was a rarity!

Black, like my cat!

Shadow.
By tcssomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5699, member since Sat Feb 12, 2005
On Sun Jan 29, 2006 06:36 PM
Growing up I wore white shoes. The day I beocme a teacher up until this past fall, I put everyone in black shoes for a change. Now everyone is in white shoes, some have other pairs in different colors (red, black, silver, pink, turqoise, you get the ide) to match their solo costumes for dance comps. I have white, black, and silver. I wear my worn out silver shoes to teach in.
By dangslowmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3641, member since Mon Jul 07, 2003
On Mon Jan 30, 2006 01:11 AM
I have white, black, and tan. I also have a pair of old style black and whites with spats, a pair of soccer cleats, and army boots. I collect shoes like a girl... For Clogging anyway...
By dancerchick10 Comments: 408, member since Sun Jul 31, 2005
On Mon Jan 30, 2006 04:48 PM
I have black, and always have!

Dancerchick10
By allamericanclogr Comments: 425, member since Tue Jun 29, 2004
On Mon Jan 30, 2006 09:14 PM
Edited by allamericanclogr (98119) on 2006-01-30 21:18:15 added more!
I have so many pairs of clogging shoes! I have 2 pairs of white toe box shoes, 1 pair of white Ms. Stompers (old school shoes :P), 1 pair of black capezio dance sneakers, and a pair of white capezio split-sole toe box shoes on their way. Wow, have clogging shoes improved over the years!!

I would definately agreee that the color matters during competition. I am not crazy about wearing black shoes since we have black pants. This is my first season wearing black shoes since I first started clogging. Wearing white shoes make your feet easier to see on a stage during a competiton. My favorite shoe would definately have to be the capezio split sole toebox shoes. They make any next to impossible step so much easier! Especially if it is a lot of toe quads and stands, etc.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Sun Feb 05, 2006 08:41 PM
I have white. More as a matter of convinence now, then anything else - I prefer black, but everybody in my group has white, and even though we don't perform much, I'm not going to make them switch to suit me.

Most competition groups (well, most southern competition groups) will wear white, because it makes their feet stand out. If you've got black pants, and your on a stage with a black background, and you've got on black shoes, your feet blend right in.

Which, if your doing a routine your not very strong with, might not be bad. But, since your there to get judged for what your feet are doing, why not make sure people can see what your feet are doing?

t
By Clogger109 Comments: 60, member since Thu Jul 15, 2004
On Fri Mar 03, 2006 05:03 PM
lets see, I have a pair of White Steven Stompers, a pair of White toe block ones,a pair of Split soled ones and (by far my favorite and what I've been using for a year) two pairs of Bloch Toe Box, Split Soled (Tan for practice and white for comps)The Bloch shoes are wayyyyy nice, because you can literally stand on the tops of your toes for a really long time. That makes it really really easy to do toestands, and toe quads, but only if you actually know how to do them first
By emmie_jay Comments: 22, member since Sat Feb 04, 2006
On Mon Mar 13, 2006 03:00 PM
heyaaa x
I used to have a pair of white ones and BRIGHT green ones, but i was only about 4..hehe:P,....they were so cool!...i loved them to bits!!

hugs and kisses x
Emii x
By megan1333 Comments: 24, member since Wed Apr 27, 2005
On Wed Mar 15, 2006 09:52 PM
Hey.
I wear the white Steven Stompers. I dont know why but I dont really like the black shoes. I think its just one thing that stands out with clogging...is that you usually see the dancers in white clogs!
happy dancing
meg
what color shoes i have ?
By clogger_7806 Comments: 22, member since Fri Mar 17, 2006
On Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:52 AM
Edited by clogger_7806 (153843) on 2006-03-17 00:54:49
i have semi- flexi soles black shoes with bloch taps , because they are extremely comfortable and i enjoy the color black . so i practice in them and i can use them for toe stands.
And then i use my white buck-taps steven stompers for traditional, exhibiton dancing. does that make sense. okie thanks for asking .
have a lovely week.
christy
By EireLibramember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2482, member since Thu Aug 21, 2003
On Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:56 AM
I wear a Tan Bloch Tap Shoe
www.discountdance.com . . .

and I got bell taps put on them. They are pretty comfy.
By EireLibramember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2482, member since Thu Aug 21, 2003
On Fri Apr 28, 2006 04:07 PM
Arg, auto-home is annoying... here's the pic of them that I was linking you to:
www.discountdance.com . . .

Sorry!
By JojoAtTheDojo Comments: 84, member since Mon May 01, 2006
On Sat May 06, 2006 08:10 AM
I have always tapped in black tap shoes. :)
By Sparkleballerinamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 541, member since Fri Dec 16, 2005
On Sun May 14, 2006 11:30 PM
We used to wear white, but have been wearing black shoes the past couple of years.
By bhull Comments: 32, member since Tue Apr 18, 2006
On Thu Jun 08, 2006 09:10 AM
My team and I wear white but I do have other kinds. Personally I prefer white with some type of jingle taps. They really stand out against black stages. They have also become a way for many non-dancing people to distinguish between clogging and tap.
By TapizoidPremium member Comments: 438, member since Fri Jun 30, 2006
On Fri Jun 30, 2006 07:00 AM
I have three pairs, and which one I wear depends on whether I'm rehearsing or performing and what the costume requires. Usually we wear white shoes because people think white is easier to see on stage. But I think it depends on whether the background is light or dark as to which is easier to see.

My favorite pair is my black and white Sodancas (single tap). They look kinda like saddle shoes. But I also like them for practicing because they're single taps which are far less "forgiving" of mistakes in rehearsal. If I fudge a step (like do an "air double" or something) these shoes will let me know instantly. My other shoes will jingle a bit even if I miss the floor on my double toes, so I use the single tap sodancas for rehearsal. And I think they look really cool too...

-Robin
By clogger_7806 Comments: 22, member since Fri Mar 17, 2006
On Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:16 PM
I like the orange shoes i have seen that Clog'n FX they wear. Pretty awesome i love them i am a UT fan so of course i love orange.
By dncdiringa Comments: 45, member since Mon Mar 05, 2007
On Fri Feb 20, 2009 07:43 AM
I grew up using white shoes, but now have all of my teams in black. I am looking for tan right now so that it will look better for the majority of my costumes.
By butterflydancer1 Comments: 189, member since Fri Nov 18, 2005
On Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:43 PM
My shoes were ALWAYS white. actually, I didn't even know there were other colour options avaible. Although I'm sure my instructor would not have gone for it. lol :P
By bethluvsdance Comments: 20, member since Fri Apr 10, 2009
On Fri Apr 10, 2009 01:42 AM
hello :D

my shoes are black but my uniform is pink
good post

bethx :D
By CompDancer43 Comments: 169, member since Thu May 17, 2007
On Sat Apr 11, 2009 09:25 PM
i wear black shoes. everyone at my dance studio who is on a clogging competition team is required to have black shoes. that way everyone looks uniform. but i think that they're just to stereotype us as the supposed "better" cloggers. (which isn't always exactly true.) but i recently bought a new pair of shoes that just came with the black fabric (i guess you could say). all the other times however i've had white shoes and spray painted them black. it gets annoying after a while though.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Thu Apr 30, 2009 01:42 PM
I used to have an instructor that LOVED her red shoes. She never made a whole team switch to them, but anyone that did a duo with her had to go buy new red shoes. lol!
By FusionCloggers Comments: 6, member since Wed Jun 10, 2009
On Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:57 AM
Black steven stompers and a black pair of Capezio tap-sneaker, the tap-sneakers are the shiz
By steph64673 Comments: 72, member since Wed Aug 06, 2008
On Thu Jul 02, 2009 05:31 PM
We wear white clogging shoes. I alway's have. I think the white shoes show up on stage better. I love how it look's when there is a big group and they are moving together.
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch