Forum: Ballet / Ballet Intensives

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: European SIs-A guide. Directory, FAQ and information.
By pattyboots Comments: 6, member since Mon May 19, 2008
On Thu Jun 26, 2008 01:31 PM
Hello,

I have one in the Hague, the Netherlands:

Maximum Dance Course
www.ndt.nl . . .

It is part of education program of NDT.

Cheers :)
By enpointe12 Comments: 40, member since Sun Jan 11, 2009
On Sat Jan 24, 2009 07:25 PM
Thank you so much! This really helped me. Its so informative and helped me a ton!
By irishballerinajrmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 190, member since Mon May 26, 2008
On Mon Mar 09, 2009 04:25 PM
Could you please tell me about the yorkshire ballet seminars because I might be going there & I want to know what to pack etc.

Thanks!!
irishballerinajr
By LincolnCenter199 Comments: 41, member since Wed Apr 22, 2009
On Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:42 AM
Great post I want to look at all of these for next year!
By Sylfiidmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 78, member since Sat Aug 27, 2005
On Tue Jun 02, 2009 03:31 PM
Great job! Thank you so much!
By primagirl136 Comments: 36, member since Sun Jan 03, 2010
On Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:44 AM
wow!!!!!! Thank you soooooo much this is super helpful!
By Spotlightbabe Comments: 157, member since Fri Jul 03, 2009
On Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:49 AM
Thanks for this post it was really helpful. Just to say I went to Urdang Academy last year and there was no audition needed. I've looked into it this year and there is still no auditon.
By lovecats Comments: 57, member since Thu Mar 25, 2010
On Fri Apr 02, 2010 07:46 AM
What are the best SIs for beginners with a focus on ballet (+ yoga&pilates) classes? Most of them seem to be aimed at intermediate or advanced level, I have only found one or two that offer many beginner classes...
By LoveBallet2008 Comments: 325, member since Sat Oct 06, 2007
On Tue Apr 13, 2010 02:02 PM
Yorksire Ballet Seminars does have a website:

www.yorkshireballetseminars.com

Also, Elmhurst School for Dance (in association with Birmingham Royal Ballet) has just recently started and SI, the first one being this year. Information is found on their website:

www.elmhurstdance.co.uk

Nederlands Dans Theater (Netherlands Dance Theatre) has a summer course, though I think that's more modern/contemporary as NDT is modern/contemporary.

De Koninglijke Balletschool Antwerpen (Royal Ballet School of Antwerp, which is the school of Het Koningklijk Ballet van Vlaanderen; Royal Ballet of Flanders) also has a summer program, audition required. Their website is:

www.koninklijke-balletschool-antwerpen.be

LB2008.
By HNBC Comments: 6, member since Tue Mar 31, 2009
On Fri May 07, 2010 07:41 AM
Edited by HNBC (209662) on 2010-05-07 07:45:47 Important information had to be added
Edited by HNBC (209662) on 2010-05-07 07:47:02 there was a mistake with one link
Very nice list! And, there have been quite a number of updates. Perhaps it would be nice to sum all the links up somewhere separate to provide easy access. Any idea?
Here's another SI in the 125-year old Hungarian State Opera House in the very centre of Europe, organized by the 110-member Hungarian National Ballet. Based on the Vaganova method. Costumes for the final performance on stage are provided by the awsome costume department of the theatre. The program contains a competition and a European audition as well. Details: www.opera.hu . . .
Application by e-mail or post, with photos and video or recommendation. Full package includes accommodation and full board, very convenient for foreigners. For last year's participants comments see: www.opera.hu . . .
By pasdechat101 Comments: 187, member since Sun Jan 30, 2011
On Mon Feb 21, 2011 07:15 PM
Is the Denmark really good? I am currently obsessed with Denmark (even trying to speak Danish) and i would love to hear anything about the ballet in Denmark!
pasdechat
By kelrychanmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 91, member since Sun Nov 22, 2009
On Mon Aug 29, 2011 06:22 AM
www.ahk.nl . . .

The Dutch National Ballet Academy have started a summer programme too, now.
By mishakiss Comments: 20, member since Fri Jun 14, 2013
On Sat Aug 10, 2013 09:00 AM
Are there any intensives in south-eastern Europe? Like in Greece, Serbia, Romania,etc. I am from Bulgaria(and if you can find any intensives here, that would be great) and on a limited budget, so I can't travel far away. Any help would be appreciated, I wouldn't mind any winter intensives either. I am a beginner-intermidiate looking for mainly ballet and maybe jazz,lyrical,contemporary, yoga in addition
By DanceAbroad Comments: 1, member since Sat Feb 08, 2014
On Sat Feb 08, 2014 01:10 PM
I didn't see the following listed, and wanted to contribute:

Greece
Held at Rallou Manou Professional Dance
danceabroadathens.org
Age 12-Adult
4th August - 15th August, 2014
Video audition required, or applicants are chosen on teacher's letter of recommendation and a series of photos.

Dance Abroad Athens is a two week intensive training program for students and professionals who aspire to strengthen their technique and further develop their artistry, all while immersed in the inspiring beauty of Athens, Greece. Classes are taught by highly acclaimed professionals who desire to share their expertise.
By lbcat Comments: 12, member since Mon Feb 01, 2016
On Wed Mar 09, 2016 09:45 AM
Thanks, this is helpful. Do you know anything about the Royal Ballet School summer intensive? I haven't heard much but I know that it is a good school and they use RAD.
By Cap5044 Comments: 2, member since Sun Jul 24, 2016
On Tue Apr 19, 2016 06:57 AM
Hello Kate,
Danceworks is another Danceschool in London which offers a summer school:
Danceworks International Ballet Academy, London
www.danceworks-academy.net#!summer-school/ajf47
Age 6-18
18th July- 29th July
No auditions required, applications will be considered and decisions given within one week.
Courses include technique classes and performance classes. Scholarships are available.
No accommodation available.

It would be great, if you could at it us your list.
Thank you very much.
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch