Forum: Gym / Gym Photos - Misc

look at her clothes, so nice i wonder why in Rg we don t see more nice outfit like hers
By Atoniamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:05 PM

Marvellous in my opinion

14 Replies to look at her clothes, so nice i wonder why in Rg we don t see more nice outfit like hers

re: look at her clothes, so nice i wonder why in Rg we don t see more nice outfit like hers
By ravnmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jan 30, 2006 02:33 PM
I would hazard a guess that it's because they're not allowed.
re: look at her clothes, so nice i wonder why in Rg we don t see more nice outfit like hers
By birthdaycake
On Mon Jan 30, 2006 06:40 PM
Edited by birthdaycake (114950) on 2006-01-30 18:42:07
because her top could fall off???
By AnjieAngel
On Tue Jan 31, 2006 01:57 AM
You're right, ravn, they're certainly not allowed. A gymnasts clothes has to cover her chest and stomach (and abdomen, but I think that would be obvious). The minimum is a plain leotard without skirt, where the leg cut does not go higer than the hipbone, and the costume is not supposed to be open lower than between the shoulderblades/bones/whatever you call them, in the back, and it's supposed to be even higher in the front. Lace or see-through fabrics are not allowed unless the trunk is covered with a camisole (a body) in beige (or any colour that you'd like, but I'd go with beige, seems a bit weird with a green one under a see through leotard). Skirts are not allowed to go longer down than the abdomen, and are supposed to hang on the hips (tutu's are NOT allowed), but can have the shape and colour of the gymnasts choice.
For costumes with legs, there have to be thights, and they have to sit, there can be no flared legs, and they have to go down to the ancle (but can be fastened under the foot, but not cover the foot). Both legs has to be the same colour, bt the pattern on them can be different. Harlequin-effect is not allowed, though. And although the COP states that they have to be put over the leotard, this rule seems to be abandoned.
By smellykaT
On Sat Feb 04, 2006 02:25 PM
Hi,

While I don't mind the costume for a photoshoot or special performance, I'm really glad that gymnasts are not allowed to wear something like this in competition. I would much rather watch a gymnast perform a routine wearing a classic leotard that shows off the line of her extensions than be distracted by a tiny top. And I'm with you birthdaycake...I'd be paranoid that the top would fall off (because its only being held up by a string!) Yikes!
By savoydancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Mar 20, 2006 07:08 PM
I just like the shiny red color but yeah the top is a bit stringy :O

----savoydancer
By Jennifer71
On Tue Mar 21, 2006 06:18 AM
It's cute for a exhibition performance, but it's too skimpy for sports purposes. Also, the flappy bits around the knees would keep judges seeing if the knees are straight.
By savoydancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Mar 26, 2006 07:23 AM
^^ What is an exhibition performance?

----savoydancer
By ritmic
On Sun Mar 26, 2006 08:06 AM
i like it too much, is ther more photos of heR?
By Jennifer71
On Sun Mar 26, 2006 04:33 PM
Exhibition performances, often referred to as "galas", are just shows put on by rhythmic gymnasts after a competition. It's usually the top finishers that are invited to perform.

These performances don't have any special requirements and the costumes are freer in design than the competition leotards. Sometimes performances use no apparatus (freehand), sometimes standard apparatus, and sometimes just a prop like a scarf or a hat.

www.moore-rhythmic.com . . .

By elegance
On Sat Apr 01, 2006 02:32 AM
I'm glad it's NOT allowed.
RG is a sport, not a circus, people.
The routines have already chanced a lot and too open the
rules for costumes like that will only result in making the
sport to be something it's not.
By MizzPinkDancer
On Sun May 28, 2006 08:08 PM
its not elegant enough for RG...RG is all about elegance and precence...that costume is more for like jazz or something
By RG4ever
On Mon Jul 03, 2006 06:37 PM
Tha costumes like that are usually used for the galas. RGymnasts are not allowed to wear that kind of costume for their routines at competitions because the leo has to be tight, and you have to be comfortable when doing all the tosses and rolls, walkovers, leaps, flexibilities, etc. with your equipment. Imagine if your ribbon sticks to your costume when you're competing)))
By irishchick139member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:17 AM
hiiya !!wow!! ur really good lol
By Narodnaiamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:21 AM
Darling, this is sport not a contortion show

We don´t perform in bikinis just like runners don´t run with high heels :P

ReplySendWatch Draw