Forum: Folk / Polynesian Dance

Newbie here!!
By Jennabugg0930
On Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:13 PM

Hi, my name is Jenna. I just found this site while surfing the net and it's pretty cool.

Well I started taking Belly dancing classes in September of 2004, mainly because my sisters were doing it and it looked like fun.
Well in Jan 05 the studio that we dance at started offering Hula/Tahitian classes. So me and my sister thought it would be fun to try it out and we loved it. Of course in the beginning we sucked pretty bad lol But it was fun and great exercise. We've been doing it for a year now and are member's of the Kuu Epo dance company. We perform all the time, benefits, festivals, workshops, birthday parties...things like that. We get new gigs all the time. Our instructor was born and raised in hawaii. She is only 18yrs old and her parents moved her here to VA 2 yrs ago. She has been dancing in hawaii since she was a tiny child. I am very thankful we got such a great teacher.

Anyway, that's my background..just wanted to say HI to everyone. Look forward to getting to know you all

3 Replies to Newbie here!!

re: Newbie here!!
By doomed_fairymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Feb 03, 2006 01:26 AM
I'm excited for you! I'd never expect to see Polynesian dance in Virginia.

Hate to be picky, but are you sure it's "Epo?" Then it would be pronounced "Eh-Poh." I'm guessing it's "Ee-poh? (Ipo)"
By Jennabugg0930
On Fri Feb 03, 2006 04:42 PM
Yes it's Kuu Ipo, just a typo, but thanks for the correction
By cleoNY
On Fri Feb 03, 2006 05:38 PM
Hello, Jenna! Welcome to tha fun... I too think thats great that there is hula and tahitian in VA. Hope to hear from you in our discussions!

ReplySendWatch