Forum: General / Tap / Tap - Competitions

Am I too old???
By celloray
On Sat Feb 04, 2006 01:10 PM

I was just wondering if I was too old to compete in tap. I've been tapping for just under two years now. Not to sound ignorant but I'm pretty good. It's hard for me to get stuck on the harder steps that are thrown at me. So, if anyone has any info just let me know. Thanks.

7 Replies to Am I too old???

re: Am I too old???
By dazzlindancer
On Thu Feb 09, 2006 05:13 PM
well, how old are you?
Too old??
By dancersdad
On Fri Feb 10, 2006 03:56 PM
You didn't say how old you are, but at the World Tap Competition held in Riesa, Germany, there were a group of ladies in the "over 50" category, and they looked pretty good. I talked to a few of them and as best I can remember, one of them was knocking on the "70" door. If you love it enough, I guess you're never too old.
By celloray
On Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:20 PM
Well... I'm 21 years old. I just didn't know if there were any age limits. Does any know of any info on competitions. Like how do I find out about them?
Too old!? Pish posh...
By SHINEDanceCo
On Mon Feb 13, 2006 04:03 PM
No one is ever too old to perform. Competition should have a catagory for every age division. Good luck!
By alexa_rae
On Wed Feb 15, 2006 02:29 PM
My first competition is in the end of march and I'm 18... so I don't think so... mind you I am dancing with girls who are younger than me, but I really don't care... I just love tap.
By lisa_popdance
On Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:32 AM
Your never too old to do a dancing competition just as long as you really enjoy it and think your good enough:P :D
By XxclairexX
On Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:39 AM
Of course your not too old!!! x

ReplySendWatch