Forum: General / Tap / Tap - Competitions

how is IDC?
By dANCER101kcgmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Feb 05, 2006 05:10 PM

my studio hasn't been in like 10 years before i competed and i'm scared. I heard we stopped doing it because a lot of people didn't like us... how is it?

and i haven't been to ada in a while either

9 Replies to how is IDC?

re: how is IDC?
By Staryeyed_dancer
On Tue Feb 07, 2006 08:47 AM
We compete at IDC every year. I really like it. They score pretty high compared to other competitions i've been to (like danceamerica) and they score against yourself, not against other people in your category. For example, if two people in the category have high enough scores, they will both get a platnium instead of one getting platnim and one getting gold. They also have a really fun thing called an entertainment challenge which our studio really enjoys. Have fun and good luck! when is it anyway?
By dANCER101kcgmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:59 AM
i am going February 10-13 in Lowell, MA
By Staryeyed_dancer
On Tue Feb 07, 2006 07:10 PM
Oh cool. we're going March 3-5 in FL.

Good luck to you and your team =]
By dramamamaPremium member
On Sun Feb 26, 2006 07:50 AM
I think IDC is a very fair competition. My daughter competed 4 solos at it independently last year and we were treated very well and she did well at it. She actually won the tap, pointe and lyrical categories for her age and received a very cool "Heart and Soul" award for her lyrical. I think that is what is neat about IDC they have one judge just for "special awards" and sometimes if you are not a Platinum dancer yet these awards are very meaningful!
By DAncersEdgex333
On Mon Apr 17, 2006 06:19 PM
IDC is really fun and it is one of my favorite compations my studio goes everyyear and we love it!
By sharae611
On Mon May 01, 2006 02:40 AM
IDC is one of my favorite competitions... I really like it. We did their finals last year in Vegas, and they were really cool too! It really was an "International" dance challenge.. there were dancers there from all over the u.s., austria, mexico, and hungary (if i remember correctly). it was really cool to see so much great talent from all over the world!!
By JojoAtTheDojo
On Wed May 03, 2006 07:11 PM
Honestly, IDC is actually my favorite competition that I've ever gone to. :)
By Dream_chaserPremium member
On Wed May 03, 2006 10:29 PM
We did it once. It was nice but not our favorite one so we don't do it anymore.
By danceaholiic
On Fri May 05, 2006 02:05 PM
i have never been to IDC but i have been to ada it is a great competition and usually people are nice i also reccomend footloose

ReplySendWatch