Forum: Gym / Rhythmic Gymnastics

Irina Tchachina RETIRES
By lluviaPremium member
On Mon Feb 06, 2006 07:08 AM

I read that Irina Tchachina retires becuase of her injuries on her feet.

Lluvia :)

11 Replies to Irina Tchachina RETIRES

re: Irina Tchachina RETIRES
By illusiongirl
On Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:50 AM
WHAT??????? Noooo ! She cant retire :( That will be too sad...
By AnjieAngel
On Tue Feb 07, 2006 04:48 AM
I think it's sad too, but they must all retire some time, and Ira is almost 24 years old. The injuries in her foot is just one minor factor, your body just can't cope with the huge amount of stretching etc that lies behind a good gymnast after a certain age. Some gymnasts reach this age sooner than others, and I think we should be grateful that she has spent so many years of her life as a top gymnast, peaking in 2001-2002 (but not getting the medals she deserved at the time). I think she has developed RG as a sport when it comes to excellent body technique, and still kept some of the old RG with us. I wish for her a happy retirement.
By PaoLaBeaR
On Wed Feb 08, 2006 02:02 PM
oh my god noooooo... that is so sad she is my favorite!!! is this really true?? :C :C :C :C :C :C :C
By illusiongirl
On Thu Feb 09, 2006 09:58 AM
AnjieAngel you are very right, I was just so shoked when I first heard, but it is true, they cannot go on forever... Most unfortunate for us fans though :) I wish Ira a happy retirement as well :)
By ravnmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:48 AM
Shocked people. Shocked.
By eozdural
On Fri Feb 10, 2006 08:16 AM
sorry to ask, but what is the source of this information?
By golden_hoop
On Mon Feb 13, 2006 04:05 AM
It is offical now.
I cannot believe it.... Irina is the greatest part of recent RG..she deserves all the titles!!

Now I don't know who can I pay attention to.The new girls are too young to be in the highest position and the old girls,no one is comparable with Ira,absolutely!!!!!Those who got better results than Ira in BAKU are only so-so gymnasts,huh!
By PaoLaBeaR
On Mon Feb 13, 2006 06:04 PM
Irina Chaschina to go on with her sports career

Q: Irina, what is your estimation of this season?

A: The year was really good. How could it be something other than that, if I went to the Olympics and won silver there? This is the peak of my careerÂ…

Q: Â… which, I hope, you are going to continue?

A: If my old leg injuries get to me, you won't see me next season. But I want to take part in World Championship and win there. I have made up my mind that the next year is going to be the last year of my sports career.

so i guess she is retiring next year
(this is from her website... here is the link to the whole interview chaschina.com . . . )
By PaoLaBeaR
On Mon Feb 13, 2006 06:08 PM
oh im sorry! i think i made a mistake... the interview is from 2004. but doesnt that means she would've retired last year? oh well sorry for posting the wrong information =(
By AnjieAngel
On Tue Feb 14, 2006 01:28 AM
She was going to retire, but wanted to continue. Haven't you read the article called "Still one year I continue?" (Yes, I know, bad bad English, but translation through Babelfish never goes right)
During a press conference, she told Irina Viner that she wanted to continue if she could, and Viner said something like "throwing Chaschina out of the team? No, we should rather throw Viner out of the team!"
By mini_olga
On Sun Feb 26, 2006 06:08 AM
that is sooo sad! who will they get to fill in for Olga Quidam? I've seen Quidam with olga in it, and it would be way uglier with nobody else filling in for her. I hope Irina gets better!

ReplySendWatch