Forum: Disco / Disco Advice

Page:
Page 2 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
re: Correct way to wash stoned costumes
By discodolliemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1131, member since Thu Jun 19, 2003
On Wed Mar 22, 2006 04:32 AM
hI,

i wash my daughters stoned cozzies after every wear, i use "Asda delicate hand wash liquid"( it smells absolutely lovely) i do this in a bowl of warm water then just rinse it and add a small amount of comfort. i then put it in a pillow case tied with a scrunchie and place in the washing machine and pack the the rest of the machine with towels so it doesnt move about to much and do a slow spin hardly ever do any stones come off and when they do there only in the pillow case ready to stick back on. i then just hang up and let dry. iv never had any problems
love michelle x

cftsspa n
By pauline11Premium member Comments: 573, member since Fri Jan 13, 2006
On Mon Mar 27, 2006 05:29 AM
Hi I always wash my girls costumes by hand with a tiny drop of fairy liquid the green one.
Rinse it and place in a pillow case on a short spin in the machine to get the worst of the water out then I hang it on the line (not in sunlight) all of their costumes have washed like new.
Pauline x x
By LINZI17 Comments: 20, member since Sun Mar 05, 2006
On Fri Mar 31, 2006 02:44 AM
thanks to everyone for giving great tips on washing stoned lycra.
after a bad experience with lycra running and hologram material fading dramatically i am sure i will not be repeating this.
thanks again
lyndsays mum
By dancer_prancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 36, member since Sat Mar 25, 2006
On Tue Apr 11, 2006 03:27 AM
i just was my

costume in warm water with jonshons body wash

no stones ever fall off

good luck

love ema
By DaintyDaisyPremium member Comments: 519, member since Sat Apr 01, 2006
On Thu Apr 20, 2006 08:39 AM
Hiya.
Luke warm water and some lux flakes work a treat!!
Hope this helps!!
Laura x x x
thanks
By charliemoder Comments: 26, member since Mon Apr 24, 2006
On Wed Apr 26, 2006 04:45 AM
this is really good advice thanks, i will use it when washing my costumes and even the items of clothing i have that have stones on, didnt know what to do really because i didnt want any coming off in the wash. thanks
By rocket2 Comments: 316, member since Mon May 01, 2006
On Mon May 01, 2006 07:54 AM
Hiya,

I think that there are so many ways and everyone seems tohave different ideas - I put mine in a luke warm bath with Ace washing powder and then rinse out, this for me seem to be the one that works best - good luck anyway

luv rocket2
By tinyteenie Comments: 384, member since Sat Jan 07, 2006
On Thu May 04, 2006 06:45 AM
Hi

I have started washing my daughters costume with soap flakes and have no problems.

Michelle
By lilsisters Comments: 36, member since Sun May 07, 2006
On Sun May 14, 2006 03:24 AM
thanks for all the helpful tips here. i wont feel so scared washing costumes now.
By emma_jaynemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7956, member since Fri Jan 24, 2003
On Sat May 20, 2006 09:01 AM
hiya

i wash my suit's in
COLD water, in the sink
with Bold Green washing powder,
it makes them smell lovely!!! :D

i have neon red and silver on my
suit and i checked one of the red
arm bands in warm water and the colour
came FLOODING out of it, so that's why
i always wash it in cold water now.

after its washed, i hang it in the shower
and rinse it with cold water (to get all
the soap out)
then hang it out on the line (not in the sun
though)

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By Coral_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 101, member since Fri Dec 16, 2005
On Thu Jun 01, 2006 07:07 AM
Hiyaa!
I usually wash mine in the sink or bath with a little washing up liquid or soap powder!
Then i hang mine over the bath!
if you need to iron you costime place a thick fluffy towel over it and iron on A LOW HEAT or it can damage it!
Hope i helped!
Good Luck
Coral xxx
By MEGAN_MAGICmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3385, member since Mon Apr 04, 2005
On Thu Jun 01, 2006 07:34 AM
i put my sons stoned cozzie into a pillow case tied it into a knott and put in the washing machine
i have a delicate hand wash programme its only 20*
i didt loose one stone
it was brilliant

my sister then got me to do her two slow cozzies and they came out brill too

tracie
dale mam
By kazz_wilko Comments: 8, member since Tue May 23, 2006
On Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:17 PM
I have always been told to put the costume in a pillow case and tie it at the top, you can then wash it either by hand or in a washing machine on the hand setting then allow to drip dry, the glue that turns white when wet will go back to clear when it is dry
Washing Stoned Costumes
By Hypersuzy Comments: 98, member since Mon Jan 16, 2006
On Wed Jun 28, 2006 01:21 PM
My Mum says that the best way to washed stoned costumes is to hand wash the costume in luke warm water, using Stergene (a very mild washing soap). Rinse gently a couple of times in cools water to ensure that the soap is all rinsed out, then hang to drip dry on a hanger. Do not peg out to dry as this may distort the shape of the costume.
By Boogledoomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1038, member since Mon Feb 20, 2006
On Sat Jul 01, 2006 07:43 AM
i think i might try the lux flakes in the bath..
By usagain Comments: 622, member since Wed Jun 21, 2006
On Sat Jul 22, 2006 04:49 AM
we wash my cozzies by putting them in the bath with luke warm water and adding a bit of hair shampoo in then leave it for about 5 or 10 minutes then empty the bath and fill it again with luke warm water and but in hair conditioner and this leaves your costumes feeling nice to wear and smelling nice and no stones fall of while doing it
Correct way t wash stoned costumes
By Becky_Bensleymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 160, member since Tue Jul 25, 2006
On Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:56 AM
Heyy...

My mum used 2 always struggle with this :P
She never new how to do it incase they all came off!
I dont really take notice, but I know she hand washes them!

Hope this helped lol ;)

Love becky ;)x
By feebles Comments: 21, member since Mon Mar 06, 2006
On Tue Aug 08, 2006 03:14 PM
Thanx everyone for all the helpful advice. I don't wash my costumes as often as i should because i am worried i'll ruin them. Now i'll have much more confidence and smell nicer!

Feebles
By livvyloo1 Comments: 19, member since Sat Jul 15, 2006
On Sat Aug 19, 2006 02:34 PM
i'd like to say this is a fantastic post as we're on our first stoned costume and i've picked up loads of tips but i can tell you what not to use and that's vanish or that new oxy pink which is supposed to be safe on any fabric I THINK NOT !!!! my son has a flo green lycra begginers top which he spilt lucozade sport on like you do !! and machine washing did'nt touch it so i gave it a very short soak in the wonder powder NOT and oh deary deary me it came out PEPPERMINT!! but the water was'nt green so where did the colour go ?? it's true it really does vanish lol lol lol hope this helps please DO NOT USE VANISH OR OXY Grrrrrr! it cost me another top love to all sarah and olivia xxxx.
By livvyloo1 Comments: 19, member since Sat Jul 15, 2006
On Sat Aug 19, 2006 02:36 PM
Removed by calypso (11968) on 2006-09-15 09:58:14 double post
i'd like to say this is a fantastic post as we're on our first stoned costume and i've picked up loads of tips but i can tell you what not to use and that's vanish or that new oxy pink which is supposed to be safe on any fabric I THINK NOT !!!! my son has a flo green lycra begginers top which he spilt lucozade sport on like you do !! and machine washing did'nt touch it so i gave it a very short soak in the wonder powder NOT and oh deary deary me it came out PEPPERMINT!! but the water was'nt green so where did the colour go ?? it's true it really does vanish lol lol lol hope this helps please DO NOT USE VANISH OR OXY Grrrrrr! it cost me another top love to all sarah and olivia xxxx.
Wahing Cozzies!
By xBlOnDiEdAnCeRx Comments: 172, member since Sat Apr 09, 2005
On Thu Sep 14, 2006 07:51 AM
I also use the bath and my mum uses the vanish stain remover soap bar, only on stains! It makes the cozzie smell so nice and gets out every stain she's faced! We wouldnt ever use hot water as it makes the stones slide. In the bath my mum uses Fabiric softner!

Good Luck anyways!

Kara
xxx
By Hannah_spana Comments: 1862, member since Sat Jan 21, 2006
On Fri Sep 15, 2006 07:35 AM
Wat are stardrops and where do you get them?
Correct way to wash stoned costumes
By betty_boop_angelmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3840, member since Tue Aug 15, 2006
On Sat Sep 16, 2006 05:27 AM
Removed by hylndlas (107168) on 2006-09-18 13:19:15 members request
heya!!

my mum washes my stoned costume in a pillow case she puts it the pillow case and buts it on a spin in the washing machine it always works lol

cya luv paige xxxxx
By HannahLvsAdam Comments: 173, member since Mon May 01, 2006
On Mon Sep 18, 2006 05:20 PM
Hi

Can I just say that after reading this post my mum washed my two cozzies in stardrops on Saturday ready for my comp yesterday. My solo has lots of stones on it and wow don't they sparkle now!!

She will definately be using stardrops again. Thank you for the advice.

Love from Hannah x
By Sean_McIlroymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2191, member since Mon Feb 17, 2003
On Tue Sep 19, 2006 05:11 PM
:O oh my

i will definetley be trying this shampoo and conditioning method :O lol !!

no only joking !!! I go by Jen's method usually !! but most of the time my costumes arent bad just the odd bit of tan though, but it comes right out of my STONED suits !!!

sean xxx
Page:
Page 2 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

ReplySendWatch