Forum: Disco / Disco Advice

Page:
Page 3 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
re: Correct way to wash stoned costumes
By dancinghoneymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 578, member since Wed Jul 07, 2004
On Fri Oct 06, 2006 02:32 PM
hiya

my mum always hand washes my cozzies in fabric softener
she then puts it into a pillow case and ties a knot then puts it on a spin in the washing machine

that way any stones that come off are still in the case
if there left to soak or drip dry then chances are the colours will run or fade

hope this helps

love stacey
Hiya
By sexybbzamz Comments: 17, member since Sat Sep 30, 2006
On Sat Oct 07, 2006 03:13 AM
guess when ya wash them its ded hard not 2 mek tha stones cum off :) btw lyk wt glue do ya use 2 mek ya stones saty on :) im ded dozy dnt no much
lv amy x
By jenlovindisco Comments: 21, member since Fri Aug 25, 2006
On Wed Oct 11, 2006 02:11 PM
try a lukewarm bath with green fairy liqud but dont scrub it lol
xoxoxoxoxooxoxox
jen
By dancerdan Comments: 95, member since Sun Mar 26, 2006
On Mon Nov 06, 2006 02:48 PM
great advice everyone i have been to fightened to have a go yet! will now try and be brave!!!!
washing
By lido Comments: 406, member since Fri May 20, 2005
On Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:50 PM
the less you can wash them the better . this is a trick i learnt from a costume person who works for a ballet company. as soon as the costume is finished wit (after they finish dancing) turn it inside out and spray it with...VODKA! pour it in a plant spray thing and spray it all over the inside of the suit. this kills any bacteria from sweat etc and stops the suit ever getting smelly!! has to ben done staright away after use not when you get home etc. this genuinely works to stop cozzie getting smelly but of course doesnt get marks out (Tan , make up etc) hopeit helps give it a try!!!
By Jess_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1403, member since Thu Jun 16, 2005
On Fri Dec 22, 2006 05:54 AM
hi

Rught so I used to have a starter cozzie from janine , It was flo orange and flo yellow!

I moved up to inters and just before I sold it my mum washed it in lukewarm water and green fairy liquid , she then hung it in the airing cupboard to dry and all the orange ran into the yellow!

My new costume now has a few marks on it and we are now scared to wash it lol incase all the colours run again!

so does anyone have any tips?

also in my experience I have found that janine costumes do not wash very well lol , usually you use a lot of stones and/or the colours run lol!

lv jess
xxxx
By groovygranmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12545, member since Mon Jan 19, 2004
On Sat Dec 23, 2006 08:10 AM
We have for many many years washed both skating and dance suits with stones etc every time after use [lala would not wear without washing]if on a week ender we spray with frabreze like in the theatre

We HAND WASH with nearly cold water and travel wash as there is no added detergents in it
We have never had colours run /or lost many stones even on Janine suits [Lala had two from her ]

The water must be nearly cold though if there are stone on the suits so as not to melt the glue

Mama DD's xxx
By chelsea6 Comments: 67, member since Sun Oct 08, 2006
On Wed Jan 17, 2007 06:36 AM
thanks for the tips on washing stoned suits think ill try it with the stardrops. chelsea
By hiphop_nonstop Comments: 308, member since Wed Nov 01, 2006
On Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:18 AM
hia

aine thank you

from kaz (sallys mummy)
By taylor4member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2746, member since Tue Mar 30, 2004
On Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:24 PM
i wash taylors in cold/luke warm water with fairy washing up liquid
i dip the cozy in a couple of times, washing rims where make up might be
i rinse in cold water and lay flat on a towel to remove excess water
and lie flat on a washing horse to dry

(and the majority of her cozy have been janines)

i dont wash costume after every comp as i find the colour fades, however as taylor is small she doesnt tend to sweat or smell

i do know people who have used the washing machine and had no problems, however id never try it.

nicky x
By janga Comments: 77, member since Fri Feb 10, 2006
On Fri Feb 02, 2007 07:54 AM
hi every one i have a costume, with stones all over, does anybody know how i can wash this, without the stones coming off in the wash, as im a bit scared to wash it, just in case it ruins the costume. thanks. xxx.
Right way
By xi_luv_2_dancex Comments: 24, member since Wed Jan 31, 2007
On Sun Feb 04, 2007 03:46 PM
Hiya !

Well all my stoned costumes, My mum has always hand washed it in the bath with Warm water and the colours and stones on it where all ok on it !
Hope it works for you

love

Hollie x.x.x.x.x
Washing your cozzie!
By lady_caitz Comments: 177, member since Sun Feb 11, 2007
On Sun Feb 11, 2007 03:11 PM
I was terrified when my mum first washed my cozzie but it was fine and came out looking and smelling lovely! She did it in the bathy - luke warm water and fairy non bio powder. The to dry it she blotted the water out with a massive towel, left it in another towel over night and then hung it up to dry off the last bits. Caitz xxx
Washing costumes
By leelow Comments: 610, member since Tue Feb 06, 2007
On Mon Feb 26, 2007 05:21 PM
Well!!
I put it in the bath in luke warm water with just a touch of Washing up liquid - (Don't pour it directly onto the costume as it might stain!!

Then I lightly rub the asseccories from make up and rub over the stones with a cloth. Then glently rub the bits that might get smelly - if you know what I mean!!!

Rinse the soap ot as much as yo can then ring the water out as much as you can.

Hang on a hanger over a radiator to dry.

Hope this helps

XXX
By charliesue Comments: 106, member since Thu Dec 28, 2006
On Tue Feb 27, 2007 02:02 PM
What great comments I`ve learnt so much and it has gave me good advice charliesue
By dance103 Comments: 775, member since Thu Feb 08, 2007
On Thu Mar 08, 2007 03:58 PM
hi ya i wash my daughters costumes after each comp as ive never been to a comp and come back with a clean suit or a child with clean feet (LOL).I fill the sink with loak warm water and gentle hand wash then gently rub any hard in dirt marks and then rinse in cold water , squeeze lightly and put on a white towel to dry.By the next morning all the water is out and the suit feels slightly damp so i put on hanger and leave to air dry.Hope this helps.Happy washing.
By Noodlez Comments: 210, member since Wed Mar 07, 2007
On Tue Mar 13, 2007 02:11 PM
Wash them in the bath with lukewarm water and washing up liquid, then rinse them with fabric conditioner, it ur cozzie has more than 1 colour use salt to stop the colours running, if the worst happens and the colours do run, beleive it or not warm Coca Cola will take out the dye, this really does work, we had a white cozzie with coloured flower all over it and the dye from the flowers ran onto the white and we tried everything, and this is what took it out!! xxxx
By lea29 Comments: 44, member since Thu Nov 30, 2006
On Sun Mar 18, 2007 02:17 PM
i always wash my daughters cozzies ion the bath in lukewarm water and i put in green fairy liquid and i omly have a couple of stones come of but they are easily glued back on
hi
By tumblemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 399, member since Mon Feb 06, 2006
On Sat Mar 24, 2007 09:14 AM
hiya
best way my mum washes costumes is in the sink with liquid soap powder, just tepid water and dunks up and down. all my costumes have syones on them and have had no problems.
happy washing
sophie
By pinktinka Comments: 34, member since Wed Dec 27, 2006
On Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:33 AM
Get a toothbrush put some green fairy liquid on where the dirty marks are you scrub and leave to dry hope it works it did for me
Washin a stoned costume
By keileigh Comments: 28, member since Mon Oct 23, 2006
On Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:21 PM
My mum always washes my cossies for me. She washes them in the bath in very cool water, with a special hand wash detergent. We've neva had any probs so far. Also, the secret to stoppint the gems falling off, is not to leave them in the water too long, a quick in and out.
big help
By ebsam1Premium member Comments: 7130, member since Thu Apr 12, 2007
On Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:52 AM
mum read this ready for my new slow so pleased she can get advice was worrried about my cozzie.x
stardrops
By ebsam1Premium member Comments: 7130, member since Thu Apr 12, 2007
On Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:58 AM
mums says someone else told her this one and the stones really sparkle because of the stardrops.x
By live_life_dancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 11529, member since Mon Mar 28, 2005
On Mon May 07, 2007 10:06 AM
I just washed my solo suit in the washing machine
It went fine not one stone came off, 30 degree rinse and spin.
Aine x
stardrops
By blonde_redhead1 Comments: 868, member since Thu Apr 26, 2007
On Thu May 10, 2007 02:50 PM
someone a few months ago asked about what stardrops was and where you buy it from.
For young people on this site, i guarantee your gran will know what it is.
Its a bottle of yellow/orange coloured cleaning stuff and can be diluted and used all over the house. It can be a kitchen,. bathroom, floor cleaner. glass cleaner. for hand washing. for dishwashing. A bottle can last for ages and ages.
it has a nice enough smell, and isnt as chemical as a lot of modern cleaners.
can be found in supermarkets/wilkinsons/some saver stores etc.
costs about 80p a bottle.
to handwash with it just pop a squirt in the sink/bath etc. It does make things gleam!

hope this helps

karen xx
Page:
Page 3 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

ReplySendWatch