Forum: Disco / Disco Advice

Page:
Page 4 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
re: Correct way to wash stoned costumes
By xtwinkle_toesxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1152, member since Sat May 13, 2006
On Fri May 11, 2007 10:49 AM
Hi

Well just washed Eilidh's cozzie for the first time, I'm just relieved that it all went well and her suit is looking and smelling lovely although it took us an HOUR!

We soaked it in the bath with soap flakes for about half an hour, used vanish soap on any stains and fake tan and they came out no bother. (We used cold water but had to put hot water in the bath first so the soap flakes would dissolve and then added loads of cold water and it worked a treat)

Then emptied the bath and put new water in it and some fabric softener (a white natural one from asda because the suit is white and didnt want to risk staining it) then rinsed the suit off

Put it in a big towel to bot out most of the water untill it was just damp and then hung it up

And not one stone off.. thankyou for everyones help and advise on this post other wise wouldnt of had the courae to wash it haha and now it looks good as new

xxx
xx
x
By ab_fantastic Comments: 153, member since Fri Feb 09, 2007
On Wed May 23, 2007 09:37 AM
my mum washes them in cold water with a small amount of bubble bath then puts them in a pillow case in the washing machine but only on a gentle spin.
Correct way to wash stoned costumes
By DancerShannon_x Comments: 314, member since Tue May 29, 2007
On Tue May 29, 2007 06:22 AM
hiya,
i wash all my stoned costumes with fairy liquid (the green one!) in the bath with warm water , to dry it i simply hang it over something i.e. a chair ( i do not hang it on the radiator or outside!) i think if yo hang it on a radiator the colour fades!

Hope This Helps..Shannon x
By DancinCrazee Comments: 45, member since Sun Oct 29, 2006
On Fri Jun 08, 2007 06:21 PM
Hiya.

My mum washes mine by hand in a bit of green washing up liquid in just warm water, then she puts it in a pillowcase and spins it on a short spin. A good place to let it dry is in the airing cupboard, on a hanger. Only ever had a couple of stones fall of, and they get caught in the pillowcase - so easy enough to stick back on.
By Shelly_B Comments: 230, member since Tue Apr 10, 2007
On Mon Jun 11, 2007 07:36 AM
PLEASE HELP!! I have a beautiful costume for my daughter, but it has some spray tan stains on it. Does anyone know how to get rid of them?? I have tried Vanish bar (Which I swear by!!) and Ace gentle bleach. Luckily the costume is still in tact!!

Advice please!!!

Shelly B x
By Fundamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 177, member since Sun Mar 16, 2003
On Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:10 AM
Hi Shelly!

It depends on the color on the costume. I had a white once and I used Clorin on it.
You can also use hair bleaching on it.
If your costume is in an other color, u should try to put some vodka with some vanish on.
Hope this helps!
By Siri729member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 51, member since Thu Mar 30, 2006
On Mon Jun 18, 2007 02:37 AM
Hi:)

Thanks for the post, it has been really helpfull!!

xxSiri729
By divatasha Comments: 32, member since Sun Feb 18, 2007
On Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:21 AM
thanks for this my mum was always wondering the right thing to do
By divatasha Comments: 32, member since Sun Feb 18, 2007
On Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:22 AM
thanks for this my mum was always wondering the right thing to do
By DancingLivmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3338, member since Wed Aug 30, 2006
On Wed Jul 04, 2007 01:32 AM
Hiya
My mum turns it inside out, fills the bath with warm water, washes it. then she rinses out the water, gets out the stones then puts in some more water and rinses it. She then puts it down on a towel and leaves it.
Olivia x x
By dannie1995 Comments: 457, member since Wed May 17, 2006
On Wed Jul 04, 2007 02:10 AM
hi

we wash ours in a pillir

case

in washing machine

on a low wash

elaine
By StunninJademember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2232, member since Sat Apr 21, 2007
On Wed Jul 04, 2007 09:10 AM
F*A*B post!! :)
I want to wash Jade's slow suit and was wondering what the best way would be, some great advice!! I am going to do it tommorow!! Fingers crossed because it's a Janine and I really don't want to be sticking loads of stones back on!!
Love Janine xx
By animalanakitty Comments: 1102, member since Thu Jun 28, 2007
On Mon Jul 09, 2007 04:37 AM
I usually was in the machine, first I put the cozzie in a pillow case to catch any stones that come off but also protects the material. I use persil NON BIO and comfort pure, on a very gentle low temp wash cycle. So far no problem. If you have never washed the cozzie before test the colour fastnest first.
Find a bit of the cozzie that wont be obvious if the colour does come out then make a solution of the cleaning powder/liquid you want to use. with kitchen towel under the cozzie rub some on the cozzie. no stain on the towel ? then should be okay. If it is a new cozzie, try asking for a swatch of the material when you buy the cozzie. Then you can test that first.
Hope that makes sense, Good Luck.
Anise
By animalanakitty Comments: 1102, member since Thu Jun 28, 2007
On Mon Jul 09, 2007 04:38 AM
I usually was in the machine, first I put the cozzie in a pillow case to catch any stones that come off but also protects the material. I use persil NON BIO and comfort pure, on a very gentle low temp wash cycle. So far no problem. If you have never washed the cozzie before test the colour fastnest first.
Find a bit of the cozzie that wont be obvious if the colour does come out then make a solution of the cleaning powder/liquid you want to use. with kitchen towel under the cozzie rub some on the cozzie. no stain on the towel ? then should be okay. If it is a new cozzie, try asking for a swatch of the material when you buy the cozzie. Then you can test that first.
Hope that makes sense, Good Luck.
Anise
By rockingrose Comments: 61, member since Mon Jul 09, 2007
On Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:59 AM
i wash rosies in warm water as quick as i can but i always lose a few stones but not many x
By dancing_kitkat Comments: 1678, member since Wed Jul 25, 2007
On Sat Aug 04, 2007 09:28 AM
in the sink on a warm NOT HOT/COLD! temperature!
X evie X
By star_dancer_x Comments: 239, member since Fri Mar 23, 2007
On Wed Aug 29, 2007 04:39 AM
Hiya xx
The correct way to wash stoned costumes is to-:
Fill the sink or bath with cold water. squirt a little bit of green fairy liquid into the water. (Make sure you are using the GREEN fairy liquid)Dunk your costume into the water and pull it out keep doing this until you are satisfied that the your costume is completley washed!
Believe me this really does work. After you have washed your costume hang it out on the washing line.

I do all of my stoned and non-stoned costumes with this method.
Hope this helps!!
Jemma xxx
By No1mumxx Comments: 35, member since Mon Sep 03, 2007
On Mon Sep 03, 2007 08:34 AM
Hi There
I have just washed all my daughters custumes today cold water non biological powder then rinse with fabric conditioner hang out to dry haven't had any problems i only dip them i don't leave them in the water for long
good luck xx
By shazydance Comments: 1025, member since Sat Apr 07, 2007
On Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:57 AM
I found this post so usefull,my daughter suit badly needed a wash,full of tan I followed instuctions to soak in bath with lux.it worked a treat.
thanks linda
By Amy_Acemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1991, member since Tue May 29, 2007
On Wed Nov 14, 2007 07:30 AM
Hi. I handwashed my daughters Janine Cozzie in the sink (as cozzie is small) and all the glue bobbled up and quite a few stones fell off. It looked terrible but luckily when in dryed the glue seemed to dissapear!
By ANGEL_RG Comments: 55, member since Tue Apr 03, 2007
On Sun Nov 25, 2007 03:51 PM
Hi,

This is a great post, im too scared to wash my daughters stoned cozzie as it is dark purple and white. I think i will follow the advice before i even attempt to wash it by trying a test area first.

Thanks for all the advice xx:)
By footloose1 Comments: 1906, member since Mon Sep 18, 2006
On Wed Jan 02, 2008 06:27 AM
o.m.g o.m.g have just put my daughters cossie in the washing machine on a delicate wash in a pillow case, carnt stop watching the washing machine go round and round cr**ing my self, let you no how it goes when finished
By footloose1 Comments: 1906, member since Mon Sep 18, 2006
On Wed Jan 02, 2008 03:55 PM
its fantstic took it out the pillow case, not one stone had fell off the costume looks all shiny and new, placed it on a silks wash, where it doesnt spint it, then put it on a delicate spin, all fake tan has gone, well impressed.
By dancingkeisha Comments: 95, member since Thu Nov 01, 2007
On Mon Jan 21, 2008 03:12 PM
Great post i wondered how to wash costumes my daughter had a stoned costume for slow they wouldnt clean it at the cleaners because they said all the stones would fall off thanx for the info! will try these out.
By Jess_Skdcmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1161, member since Sun Mar 18, 2007
On Wed Feb 06, 2008 01:16 PM
Hiya,
My mum washes mine in vanish oxy action
She runs a bath with warm water and put in wanish ocy action then the outfit in the bath flat and leaves it for a few hours
also with my bands, then she hangs it above the radiator with a towel and bucket underneth to catch anything if it falls off.
It smells fresh and new and i don't have to worry about tan marks on my outfit

xxx
Jess
xxx
Page:
Page 4 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

ReplySendWatch