Forum: Disco / Disco Advice

Page:
Page 5 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
re: Correct way to wash stoned costumes
By divababes1member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1540, member since Fri May 26, 2006
On Wed Feb 06, 2008 02:51 PM
I hand wash both my daughters costumes in the bath with liquid soap and fabric conditioner! I then take the garment out of the bath rinse in fresh water then lay the costume on a large bath towel. I fold the towel so all the costume is covered then roll the towel, This removes most of the water and leaves them damp. I then dry at room temprature! I never leave to drip dry as this could lead to colour run. I tend to find the longer you leave stoned costumes in water it agrivates the glue and therefore stones fall of during drying and wear as glue becomes tacky!

Karren x
By nicinoodlemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1283, member since Sun May 06, 2007
On Tue Feb 12, 2008 06:44 AM
heya, well the same as everyone else really, i always wash mine in a bath of lukewarm water, it is the safest way, then we hang it over the side of the bath. dont scrunch it up, this will cause creases and costumes are NOT iron friendly.!
By x_Beths_Mum_x Comments: 89, member since Sat Nov 03, 2007
On Tue Mar 11, 2008 03:59 AM
This is such a helpful post to me, as I had no idea how to wash my daughterÂ’s slow costume, being new to this. Thank you all for stopping me from running her costume.

Laura x x x :)
By Amelia_Faff Comments: 175, member since Thu Dec 06, 2007
On Fri Mar 14, 2008 03:25 PM
Thank you for the info. was so worried as I needed to wash Amelias costume. Thank you
By xNATZx Comments: 34, member since Tue Mar 18, 2008
On Wed Mar 19, 2008 02:05 PM
Hiya..
wow this is a wel helpful post as i had NO idea how 2 wash my cozzies..!! Thanx everyone..!! x
By followsmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3639, member since Fri Feb 09, 2007
On Sat Mar 22, 2008 03:09 PM
Hi,
I would surggest putting it in a big net to catch any stone that come off put it in the bath in luke warm water and a mild detergent swish it up and down then rinse in luke warm water and put on a coat hanger to dry

Love Hannah xxx
By followsmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3639, member since Fri Feb 09, 2007
On Sat Mar 22, 2008 03:10 PM
Hi,
I would surggest putting it in a big net to catch any stone that come off put it in the bath in luke warm water and a mild detergent swish it up and down then rinse in luke warm water and put on a coat hanger to dry

Love Hannah xxx
By XxJimbobsxXmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 449, member since Fri Feb 01, 2008
On Mon Mar 24, 2008 04:54 PM
my mom and me handwash mine in the bath no water hotter than hot lukewarm

hope info works
By Rachel_Whomember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1214, member since Fri Sep 23, 2005
On Thu Apr 17, 2008 08:52 AM
luke warm water and fairy liquid :D

DONT put on the radiator, unless you have a towel down first

xx
By lulu10 Comments: 66, member since Wed Dec 13, 2006
On Mon Apr 21, 2008 03:22 PM
Many thanks for all the advice, it has helped us alot and we have found stardrops to be great!
By smilerkelly Comments: 113, member since Sun Apr 06, 2008
On Sat May 03, 2008 03:21 PM
thank you all i love advise about anything it always helps i have not washed yet as it took ages to stick on and very scared of a disaster this would be my luck ha ah xxxx
By ellengallagher Comments: 10, member since Thu Feb 14, 2008
On Sat May 17, 2008 10:04 AM
We want to sell a costume and thought about getting it dry cleaned????
By dancinava Comments: 197, member since Thu May 22, 2008
On Thu May 22, 2008 03:34 PM
some good advice here , heard a couple off people saying they'd ruined costumes washing them so i'll take the advice given, thanks
By ANGEL_RG Comments: 55, member since Tue Apr 03, 2007
On Fri May 23, 2008 05:33 PM
Hi, to wash costumes i dip the costume in and out the bath a few times, lukewarm water and a little green fairy liquid. to get the fake tan stains out i rub on a little vanish soap (be careful though), i then put the costume in a pillowcase (tie the top with a band)and put it inside the washing machine on a very delicate spin, i the hang the costume on a coathanger on the shower rail. it works for me!
By madcaz Comments: 37, member since Mon May 26, 2008
On Tue May 27, 2008 03:30 AM
hi there i was told that rubbing dove soap on stains on the cozzies take most of them out, but like you im open to any other suggestions.
By x_Sian_x Comments: 14, member since Sun Jun 24, 2007
On Sun Jun 08, 2008 02:20 PM
we wash ours by hand in warm water with washing powder in. Rinse with cold water and just hang up to dry, stones never fall of and colours dont run :) x x
By xx_discochick_xxPremium member Comments: 66, member since Wed Feb 01, 2006
On Mon Jun 16, 2008 06:18 AM
hi can anyone help me

i recently got a new white costume with red trim round it and the previous owner must have tried to wash it and the colour as ran so its gone a pink colour at the bottom where the shorts are and round the back

as anyone got any advice on stain removers or dye removers or just any advice really on what i can do

someone suggested using Dylon Colourun Remover as anyone tried this?

many thank

kerry ann

all comments and suggestions welcome

XxXx
By PlanetDance_Chik Comments: 14, member since Sat Jul 08, 2006
On Thu Jun 26, 2008 04:11 PM
Hi there,
Yes we also just use luke warm water and a small amount of washing powder in the bath, then lie the costume on a towel on the table to dry
xxx
By diamondz101Premium member Comments: 3381, member since Thu Jul 10, 2008
On Mon Jul 21, 2008 05:44 PM
some cozzies are just easy to have a quick dip others ned more time and care and replacing stones is the answer after every wash cold water not hot as the glue tends to disintergreate and thats how the diamonds pop off, love jade,xx
By swannprincessesmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2532, member since Sun Feb 04, 2007
On Tue Jul 22, 2008 03:30 PM
hi aine

i do what sadie says and put my cozie in a pillow case in washing machine 1/2 a scoop of non bio powder on a hand wash /cool wash/ and fast quick spin

straight out on a hanger in a hot room to dry

fab results everytime

jenny
By Kaysha Comments: 33, member since Tue Jun 03, 2008
On Wed Jul 23, 2008 02:31 PM
This is a great help as i was wondering how to wash my daughters cozzie, thanks for the tips,
Cheers
By Xx_Amber_xXmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1641, member since Mon Oct 29, 2007
On Sat Aug 09, 2008 01:27 AM
My mom handwashes my costume but hold my sleves where the ciquin discs are and dips it in and out

Amber x hope this help
By dancin_hayzie Comments: 12, member since Wed Apr 16, 2008
On Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:22 PM
help help help
I have a white costume and I accidently sat in eyelash glue I have tried a few methods to get it out but it hasnt worked does anyone know any ways to get it out
hayzie
xox
By DancerxBeth Comments: 20, member since Sat Sep 06, 2008
On Sat Sep 13, 2008 02:53 PM
thanks for the amazing advice. i have only ever used a plain costume but when i get to the stoned costumes i will use your advice thanks so much

x
By jacquit Comments: 13, member since Sun Feb 24, 2008
On Tue Oct 21, 2008 02:02 PM
Thanks for the great advice.I didn't know how to wash my sons
costume.
many thanksxxxxxxx
Page:
Page 5 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

ReplySendWatch