Forum: Disco / Disco Advice

Page:
Page 6 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
re: Correct way to wash stoned costumes
By sallyd1 Comments: 21, member since Thu Dec 11, 2008
On Thu Dec 11, 2008 06:00 PM
I always hand wash my daughters costumes in luke warm water with a little detergent and have always been successful..until now. She has a lovely green costume but the under arms have staines- a combination of fake tan, sweat and deoderant spray. Any suitable advice to get the staining out wouls be very much appreciated.
By LittleLauren Comments: 247, member since Thu Nov 27, 2008
On Fri Jan 09, 2009 02:24 PM
I wash laurens in a hand detergent

,but the glue behind the stones has gone black and the material sticks together,does anyone have any advice?
By camrondance Comments: 55, member since Tue Jan 08, 2008
On Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:15 PM
my mam makes costumes and looks after all of my dance schools show costumes she washes in luke warm water with fairy and she also says that facbric conditioner softens the glue so don't use it.
By danimam Comments: 185, member since Thu Apr 17, 2008
On Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:51 AM
have found this tread very useful as have just bought my daughter a white costume thanks alot will wash it in the bath with lux flakes thanks a million to all
regards
bridget
By xcudgex Comments: 164, member since Fri Aug 03, 2007
On Sun Mar 01, 2009 05:19 AM
i have a geat way of washing stoned costumes..
put the costume inside a pillow case. put it in the washer at quite a low temperature. if any stones fall of they wil b in th pilow case and u can stik them bak on.. easy !!
By nataliedukes Comments: 21, member since Sun Nov 11, 2007
On Tue Mar 17, 2009 02:44 PM
Thankyou this is a very helpful post. As i need to wash my daughters costume.
By DonnaSwanna Comments: 176, member since Mon Apr 13, 2009
On Wed Apr 15, 2009 02:23 PM
Thank you for this helpful post,some great ways:D
By nanaann Comments: 21, member since Tue Apr 14, 2009
On Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:40 AM
hello ive washed a fair few costnmes over the last 20 years you will always lose some stones the trick is keeping it down to a minium dont soak mild soap no softener in luke warm water rinse well put in pillowcase knot it short spin hang up to dry nanann
By lilvickeydancerx Comments: 13, member since Sat Apr 18, 2009
On Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:37 PM
Hi x

I wash mine in the bath with luke warm water and star drops . If the costume has a flower belt like mine youu can put the belt over her neck and keep the flower out of the water and if youu loose any stones youu can simply stick them back on as they should be in the bath with the water x None of my colours on my suit have run with this method and touch wood wont x This is a fantastic post thanks for starting it and its given me new ways of washing my suits thanks x Hope this helps from vickey x
By Sinead_X Comments: 17, member since Wed Dec 17, 2008
On Mon May 04, 2009 11:31 AM
By superdance85 Comments: 429, member since Thu May 07, 2009
On Fri May 15, 2009 06:12 PM
great advice,costumes are so pricey ,its a worry how to wash them,a lot of good tips,thanks everyone
By alice123 Comments: 305, member since Wed Sep 13, 2006
On Mon Jun 15, 2009 06:23 AM
My costume is covered in ostrich feathers on the top half.I wash mine in the bath with a delicate hand wash solution.I also use a toothbrush to gently wash over the stones to make them shiny :)

the trick is with feathered costumes is to take them out immediately after soaking and blow dry them this way they stay fluffy :)

alice
x
By Kelsey_Ds_Mom Comments: 145, member since Mon Mar 02, 2009
On Tue Aug 25, 2009 08:28 AM
I always wash my daughters costumes in the bath with luke warm water and washing liquid. I usually leave it to soak for a while then keep dipping it in and out. I find the best way to dry it is to put it on a coat hanger and simply hang it on the line or over the bath to drip dry. Hope this helps.
By DancingElisa Comments: 486, member since Mon Sep 15, 2008
On Tue Sep 01, 2009 04:07 PM
I wasn't sure about this either but one of the fantastic mums at Elisas dance school helped out thank goodness. :D
Just wash cozzie in your normal washing powder or liquid in a basin of cool water. I swish it about for 5 to 10 minutes or so and then rinse in cold water. Then I add my fabric softener to some clean cool water and let the cozzie steep in that for 5 minutes before rinsing again. Squeeze excess water out and then put cozzie in a pillow case and tie it shut with string (this protects it and also catches any lose stones which can be glued back on). Put it in the washing machine onto a spin cycle and its halfway to being dry when it comes back out (this stops the dyes running if it was left soaking wet). I then hang it up on a hanger to dry. It then smells gorgeous and looks great :D
By DancerHeatherx3 Comments: 7, member since Sat Apr 05, 2008
On Fri Sep 04, 2009 07:37 AM
wow great help ! ;D xx
By WittoMizzF33xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 405, member since Wed Oct 24, 2007
On Sat Sep 26, 2009 02:35 PM
hey

my mum washes my sisters and my costumes in the washing machine but not often.
She puts them in a pillow case then ties it at the top and puts it in the washing machine and waits for it to be done.
She only does this before big comps or when it badly needs
washed but other than that she hand washes them.

good luck
love fiona xxx
By dramaqueen18 Comments: 120, member since Sun Jan 18, 2009
On Fri Dec 04, 2009 08:29 AM
hi I allways put mine in a warm bath of water and put a bit of comfort in with it and wash it through x
By twinxy Comments: 70, member since Fri Jan 22, 2010
On Sat Jan 23, 2010 06:02 PM
think i fall into same catergory here, warm bath, i use fairy wash powder, just a drop, and leave it to soak. i tend to scrub a little if there is fake tan marks. then towel press the majority of water away and hang it up to dry.
By Z0fie Comments: 26, member since Sun May 17, 2009
On Mon Feb 15, 2010 06:29 AM
Lovly post! I was wondering the same ;)

-Sofie (:
By julicm Comments: 20, member since Fri Feb 12, 2010
On Mon Feb 22, 2010 07:10 AM
oh wow! so pleased 2 read all the advice on washing a stoned costume. My daughters is desperate for a wash :)
By dancer_aimyXomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 962, member since Wed Oct 15, 2008
On Tue Mar 09, 2010 03:51 AM
My mam washes mine in shampoo in the sink with a colour catcher and little bit of luke warm water then she puts one in a pillow case and rings it in the wash machine using colour catcher so colour does not run.My stones never fall off it also depends on the quality of the glue and fabric used.Happy dancing
By Morganbabe Comments: 90, member since Fri Jan 23, 2009
On Sun Mar 21, 2010 02:56 PM
this was the beat advise it worked a treat thanks x x
By megans_mum Comments: 324, member since Thu Sep 04, 2008
On Thu Apr 15, 2010 02:18 PM
Great sticky xx
By camrondance Comments: 55, member since Tue Jan 08, 2008
On Sun Apr 25, 2010 02:42 PM
we have washed a white costume and tan has come out no problem but the deodarent has left pink marks that won't come out anyone had this happen or got any ideas to get it out?
By danceSTAR_member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 76, member since Wed Sep 02, 2009
On Mon May 03, 2010 07:45 AM
my nana hand washes mine, because my mums useless at washing hah! xxx
Page:
Page 6 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

ReplySendWatch