Poll: General / Travel - Photos

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2
Your ideal travel destination...
By Jennamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:59 AM

So, lets imagine in a perfect world we all have the time off of work/school and the cash to take our dream vacation...where would it be? Feel free to elaborate/specify in your reply!

Jenna

25 Replies to Your ideal travel destination...

re: Your ideal travel destination...
By Jennamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:04 AM
Edited by Jenna0693 (58119) on 2006-02-09 11:07:03
Okay so to start off and answer my own poll - my idea travel destination is somewhere hot and sunny - my fav place so far has been Costa Rica! Mainly for the climate and the outstanding scenery!

Here are some photos of where I stayed:

andresz.com . . .

images.triseptsolutions.com . . .

centralamerica.com . . .

www.luxres.com . . .

i.b5z.net . . .

www.hotelrentalgroup.com . . .

Jenna
By Kathymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:17 AM
far outside please, I HATE crowded places.
I LOVE sweden.

Kathy
By odile_odettemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:12 PM
I love going somewhere hot and sunny. I live in Scotland, so its such a difference to sit on the beach in a bikini. It always feels like paradise.

But if I could go anywhere right now, it would be New York. I love New York and cant wait to go back.
By Jamie_Steptoesmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Feb 09, 2006 04:02 PM
Somewhere HOT!! The exact opposite to Ireland!!! Its soo Dull!

Jamie
By Dance_Angel2
On Thu Feb 09, 2006 04:45 PM
Somewhere that culturally or historically intrigued me... and if it culturally or historically intrigued me it may also be a unique place. Those 2 tied, so I figured I could fit the unique place in under the culturally intriguing.

I've been to Brazil, New Zealand, and Australia, and absolutly love them all because of their rich culture that is so different from my own American culture. I'm going to Japan this summer and the cultural barriers are partly what intrigued me to go, along with it's uniqueness.

Ker
By DancingBeanermember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:13 AM
I would love to go to South America. It seems so exciting and such a interesting and cool place to visit and explore! I would also love to travel all through Europe! :)
By Isla
On Fri Feb 10, 2006 03:44 AM
^^ Australia has a rich culture? I must have missed that part... unless wearing a wife beater with you VB in hand counts as culture. I shouldn't say that...we have fun :)

As for where I want to go, I could not decide. I'm lucky enough to have travelled a fair bit in my short life, and with different people. I've had great times at a beach half an hour from home, as well as on the ski slopes, as well as overseas in culturally significant places. They're all amazing, and different to everyday life.
By ktppopz
On Fri Feb 10, 2006 09:20 AM
I LOVE going skiing!! its such an amazing holiday as i love to be doing something all the time!

i definitely reccomend it 2 anyone who hasnt been and is curious!!

Katie xxx :D
re:Your ideal travel destination...
By NewDanceLass
On Fri Feb 10, 2006 02:25 PM
I voted for somewhere your connected too.

I really want to go to Scotland. It's part of my heritage and it's also where the kind of dance i take is from. Scotland is very beautiful (from what i've hear) and full of history.
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Feb 11, 2006 06:04 AM
Denmark since that's where my family is from. Go Vikings! :P Or basically any other place in Europe, like England, Ireland, Wales... (which I happen to be traveling to this summer with People to People!)

Or some place tropical with the pure white sand and the green-clear water. Oohh...I wish I could go. :D
By LadySonjamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Feb 12, 2006 01:27 AM
Well for my summer holidays I prefer to go to some nice hot places. I love to sunbath and to do watersports. On the other hand I very much enjoy to learn about other countries, their culture, history, language... As long as a place is interesting I don´t mind where I´m going. ;)
By Catherinemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Feb 13, 2006 07:36 PM
I voted for somewhere that is connected through family. I love going to Scotland (been there 4 times). I enjoy going to Florida, but I have an allergy that prevents me from being out in the sun for long periods of time, so Scotland is just great for me.
By Empress_Noodle
On Tue Feb 14, 2006 02:12 AM
Historically intriguing for me. I'm a history buff - love it all. My school's taking us on a trip to Europe to check out the Western Front, Pompeii, Herculaneum, Rome, and a couple of other places with history relating to our work... Germany too, I think, but I'm not sure. :D
By Honeymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Feb 19, 2006 05:43 PM
Greece, Italy, California, Spain, Paris, France, everywhere. Thats where I want to go, everywhere.
By Katemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Feb 24, 2006 05:35 AM
Winter sports destinations! Anywhere really, but especially Switzerland..I got back 3 days ago from working there for a month, and I have to wait a whole 3 weeks before I get to go back! I miss it so much!

Skiing, boarding, snow, sledging, snowball fights, grappa, cool people...whats not to like?
By noachkamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Mar 05, 2006 03:34 PM
Romantic, I love Europe alot!!

I love the old-fashiond-ness, Amsterdam, Poland, Turjy, and I want to go to Russia and see Bolshoi and what it is like there :D
By tribedancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Mar 16, 2006 08:33 PM
i was torn between adventurious and somewhere off the beaten path....perhaps a combonation would suit me best. i do alot of traveling and love seeing all types of places...i like the quaint little towns the best usually; they are the prettiest
By Rinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Thu Mar 16, 2006 09:39 PM
I'm would go anywhere, but I (although I hate to admitt it publicly) am a HUGE History Buff, when i Went to Rome I went to Everything that had an amazing history

I love the culture too. When I go, I make sure to act like the people living there, dress like them, learn their language. I had tons of people come up to me and speak italian and even though I had a really hard time understanding, It felt great to feel like i was one of there own!

Sarah
By AfterTheRainmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Mar 25, 2006 08:28 PM
ive got my heart on three places,
australia
california
italy

yeah the three of them are written all over my heart
and i have no intends of scribblin them out until i visit each of them, theyre so ideal..

stay rad.
dancingqueen12
By lisskmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Mar 26, 2006 03:51 AM
Heh - I choose "other".

Japan and Australia...

I'm from Australia and live there permanently, but I'm currently in Japan on exchange (been here 6 months, got another 4 months left) - so I'm doing pretty damn well! :D

A sidenote for those wanting to go to Australia and Japan...
The food is amazing!! :]
By tammy82
On Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:38 AM
Somewhere hot and sunny! I love the sun and doing things outside.I am sick of the cold here in Canada.

Tammy
By dance4lanimember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sun Apr 02, 2006 05:14 AM
My ideal place is somewhere with mountains and forests and amazing beaches.
Somewhere sunny, but not too hot. I want to mountain climb, absiel, bungy jump, go caving, backpack and walk through forests.

However, for a relaxing holiday, I would want to go somewhere sunny with lots of shops!

Oh..I love very cultural destinations.

Lani
By luvNdancermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed May 17, 2006 09:29 PM
i would love to go somewhere culturally intriging! I love the diversitey of people from different places and I lve how culture is what seperates one group from another!
By derrylin_dancer
On Sat Jun 10, 2006 03:25 PM
Because I live near Houston, TX, I do not want to go anywhere hot! I've visited both the Canadian Rocky Mountains and all over Ireland and would love to go back to both!

Page:
Page 1 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch