Stretching in a russian school of gymnastics
By roro
On Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:44 AM

No comment ?

24 Replies to Stretching in a russian school of gymnastics

re: Stretching in a russian school of gymnastics
By tappin_orangemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Dec 21, 2002 07:56 PM
honestly i dont wish i could do that...thats jsut plain nasty and not realistic! How old would that girl be...12 possibly 13?
THats not cool at all! That poor girl but i suppose if she wants to be a gymnast and be flexible like that and work really hard...GOOD ON HER!!!
leeann
By Lizzie3
On Sun Dec 22, 2002 04:12 AM
thats good, she is really strong and she looks little!
stretch
By samc333
On Thu Dec 26, 2002 01:40 PM
What comments you all made!.. some of ya

so, where are your own pics?? can you do that?

samc333@hotmail.com
By Foofinamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Dec 27, 2002 11:43 PM
Not quite yet.... =/
By dance_is_life_99member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Dec 28, 2002 09:39 PM
its not nasty and its not like it hurts her. she obviously would tell the teacher when to stop if it was hurting her and i think it looks beautiful. if you practice and work at it for a long time it comes easily to you. thats probably not even a stretch for her. sorry i just had to say that dont take it offensively plz.
Cynthia
By GKtpt03
On Sat Dec 28, 2002 11:52 PM
My opinion... You need to remember that this is Russia and it is a modeling studio. In Russia customs are much different, as in many eastern countries, the student respects the teacher and respects their autority, for a student to tell a teacher to stop would be out of line; the teacher sets the boundries. Also you must remember this is a modeling studio and the girls (and guys) actually have to pay alot of money to become part of this studio. They modeling studio could cancel there agreement at anytime. The students want to make sure there in the good graces of the directors to ensure this does not occur.

Just my thoughts,

Greg
By ProvincialDreamr
On Thu Jan 02, 2003 07:08 PM
Thank you Greg for teaching some Russian manners- I've worked with Vladimir Artimov (Russian gold medalist) before; on stretching, and no, trust me, you cry before you tell a Russian to stop! LOL!
And eversince I was little, people told me that I should've been in rhythimic gymnastics.... NOW I see why- haha!
By blondballerina77
On Thu Jan 02, 2003 08:22 PM
whoa!
By funkiejmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sat Jan 04, 2003 11:40 PM
I totally wish someone would work with me like that. I have mor than enought dedicationa nd motivation, I jsutneed some hlep. and I think my body could do it too, even though I am 21. where can I get training like this in the states???? please help me cuz I want it!
By Semi_Stretchymember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jan 06, 2003 01:29 PM
well, first of all, thats doesn't seem extreme to me.LOL!! i've seen more extreme. but those are very nice photos :)also, i taught stretching and flexibility for several years. where are you located funkiej ?

melissa
By Gregorius
On Fri Jan 10, 2003 01:55 AM
Greg was right, in Eastern European countries (Hungary, from where I am also)coaches usually don't ask the gymnast if a stretching is painful or not. So they really don't mind much if a gymnast cries out from pain while stretching. I think you can see the advantages in these training methods when you look at rhythmic gymnasts from Russia/Ukraine/Belarus/Bulgaria etc... One of my former schoolmates did RG for 12 years and now she really suffers from overstretching - so I think stretching too hard can be dangerous.
By alleycatmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Fri Jan 10, 2003 03:27 AM
I don't think it is healthy to overstretch at a too young age. As everything else, your muscles, joints and tendons are not fully developed, and could easily be torn, stretched out of place or given permanent damage. My ballet teacher once told me that some sientists don't reccomend any stretching at all to kids under the age of 14.
However, i have been pushed like that myself when i was younger, although i don't think i was as flexible. Yes, it hurts, but i dont think any of my physical weknesses are cause by it either. Teachers should know their students body well enough to stop in time, so lets just hope thats the case every time.
By GKtpt03
On Fri Jan 10, 2003 07:36 PM
Thanks Gregorious haha... what an odd name... hmm i like it. Yeah i went out on a limb to say what i said but it always appears that in eastern european countries and russia the teacher definitely wears the pants in the relationship HAHA. Yeah the teacher always seems to be leading the way rather than the student. I like the name.

Greg
By PointePrincess0member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jan 14, 2003 08:33 AM
WOW WOW WOW! OMG!
Stretching in a russian school of gymnastics
By Jazz_girl
On Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:02 PM
WOW thats all i can say :)

ReplySendWatch