Forum: Highland / Highland - Costumes

Page:
Page 7 of 81 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
re: A Compendium of Tartans as Kilts/Aboynes
By punkqueeniemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1345, member since Tue Dec 17, 2002
On Sun Oct 11, 2009 01:41 AM
Dress Red MacGregor as an Aboyne with a red vest:

Image hotlink - 'http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3586/3594023211_da245c91d7.jpg'
By punkqueeniemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1345, member since Tue Dec 17, 2002
On Sun Oct 11, 2009 01:54 AM
A bunch of blue/royal tartans (Buchanan, Cunningham, MacRae of Conchra) : www.flickr.com . . .

Dress Green MacPherson: www.flickr.com . . .

Dress Green Drummond of Perth: www.flickr.com . . .
By ScottishMamimember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 288, member since Thu Jan 22, 2009
On Wed Nov 11, 2009 03:41 AM
Ok DDNers, I'm on the look out for pictures of Purple McRae (and/or McRae of Conchra), Dress Blue Lindsay (besides the one in this thread), Dress Green Longniddry, and Dress Scotland the Brave.

Thanks in advance! :)
By Dancer24601member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 184, member since Mon Jan 12, 2009
On Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:47 PM
Dress Purple MacRea
Purple Jacket on the far right of the computer screen
www.flickr.com . . .
and
chgmedia.co.uk . . .

Dress Purple MacRea of Conchra
chgmedia.co.uk . . .

Dress Blue Lindsay
Dancer left of the Computer Screen
www.danrunach.ru . . .

Dress Green Longniddry
Dancer #878 on right of computer screen
www.flickr.com . . .
and
Boy on the left of computer screen
fusta.us . . .

Dress Scotland the Brave
Reply from hylnddancr, 3rd to last reply
www.dance.net . . .
By Highlanddancer13 Comments: 164, member since Sun Nov 01, 2009
On Wed Nov 11, 2009 01:18 PM
Great! Alot of effort put in! KARMA COMING YOUR WAY!
By ScottishMamimember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 288, member since Thu Jan 22, 2009
On Wed Nov 11, 2009 05:25 PM
Edited by ScottishMami (206741) on 2009-11-11 17:32:18 spelling
you are amazing, awesome, and sweet as ever Natalie and quick on the draw LoL I asked on here to give you a break from my constant facebook questions ;) I totally love you for all your help. I'm not happy with some of the pics I have of certain tartans so maybe your awesome-ness will prevail, I'm looking for an action or full front shot of a Strathclyde tartan, MacDonald of Glencoe, and Lavender Longniddry. I keep finding great pics of Royal Menzies too but none of them save to my computer as the whole picture (weird,I know) so if you happen across any good shots of that one I'd appreciate it much! karma karma karma!!
By Dancer24601member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 184, member since Mon Jan 12, 2009
On Wed Nov 11, 2009 06:28 PM
Edited by Dancer24601 (206233) on 2009-11-11 18:30:31
If you go on sanjosehighlanddance.com and to the pictures, they have great pictures of one of their dancers in Dress Strathclyde, here's one of my favorite picture of it sanjosehighlanddance.com . . .

Don't know if you've seen these pictures on flickr yet, but I think these two are good pictures of Dress MacDonald of Glencoe
www.flickr.com . . .
and
www.flickr.com . . .

Here's on that has both Dress MacDonald of Glencoe and Dress Lavender Longniddry, although not full outfits.
www.flickr.com . . .
Also, I don't know if you saw on page 6 of this thread, justdoit post at picture of dancers at awards and it also has Dress Lavender Longniddry.

Oh! By the way, punkquennie, Love the Dress Red MacGregor aboyne! It looks amazing!
On Wed Nov 11, 2009 07:25 PM
I never realized Katherine's kilt was strathclyde hmmm it looks so blue compared to the only pic I've seen :-/ but thank you, there were lots of good pictures of her kilt on that site.
As for the others, those were the exact pictures giving me trouble :( I really like the one that had the 2 kilts together but it wouldn't let me save it, maybe I'll find pics of them later on.
Thank you again Natalie! hugs!
On Wed Dec 02, 2009 03:47 AM
Dancer24601 wrote:

Oh! By the way, punkquennie, Love the Dress Red MacGregor aboyne! It looks amazing!

Thanks! I wish it was mine forever, and not just borrowed.

I'm also going to add, for ScottishMami and in general, that a good place to search for tartan pictures is the Highland dance group on flickr. I know a lot of pictures from there have been linked here. I've been trying to go through and tag pictures with the tartans in them. For example, here's Dress MacDonald of Glencoe:
www.flickr.com . . .

And Lavendar Longniddry:
www.flickr.com . . .

If anyone has pictures of their own in the group, would you please tag them yourselves! I'm not even that great with tartans that aren't popular/obvious!
On Wed Dec 02, 2009 03:50 AM
Also (I almost forgot!) on flickr, I've been working to group together tartans by color with their new galleries feature. That means I can only have 18 pictures in each gallery. :( So I have them broken down by color, and by kilts/Aboynes/etc. Check them out here: www.flickr.com . . .
By AkronDancer Comments: 31, member since Tue Dec 29, 2009
On Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:08 AM
I am new to this site. Can't believe you under took this awesome project. Wonderful job and a great tool for dancers who are looking to change their kilt.
By dancerbear1 Comments: 2, member since Sun Jan 24, 2010
On Sun Jan 24, 2010 02:10 PM
Did you find any pictures. I think this is the same tartan we just bought (Marg's) and are having done with the lighter royal blue vest.
By horsedoc Comments: 20, member since Tue Feb 17, 2009
On Wed Feb 17, 2010 01:00 AM
Here is my daughter in a fuschia menzies aboyne with a black vest.

s1003.photobucket.com . . .
By scottiedog440 Comments: 1877, member since Thu Jun 21, 2007
On Wed Feb 17, 2010 04:51 AM
Adding new photos of Christina Young as a kilt and an Aboyne. Shown with a burgundy jacket and a fushia vest. Enjoy!
By olybeans Comments: 35, member since Tue Feb 09, 2010
On Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:44 PM
Does anyone have a picture of Dress MacBeth in either Highland or National?
By justdoit Comments: 1282, member since Tue Jul 20, 2004
On Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:06 AM
The first picture shows the Dress MacBeth as a kilt up close and sitting...dancer is in the front row center, just to the right. The second picture shows the full kilt with the dancer standing on the far right.
By DancerOlivia Comments: 61, member since Mon Apr 26, 2010
On Thu May 06, 2010 06:09 AM
Was trying to look at the Red Dress Scott , but was unable to open the picture of the tartan. Does anyone know if these tartans are still available for viewing via this post ?

Thanks
By Dancemom44 Comments: 492, member since Thu Oct 11, 2007
On Thu May 06, 2010 06:16 PM
Does anyone have a picture of the Navy dress Scott. I plan to make a kilt for my DS and would like to see one finished if possible.

Thanks,
By Olivias_mom Comments: 23, member since Fri Mar 13, 2009
On Tue Jul 13, 2010 01:39 AM
Wow!!!!! Amazing and impressive, thanks so much. I so wanted to see a picture of Dress Nova Scotia but the link can't be found. So if anyone happens to have a picture i would love to see it.
By highland3393 Comments: 359, member since Mon Apr 07, 2008
On Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:46 AM
Dress Nova Scotia (I actually think this looks really good with the gold braid!)
www.flickr.com . . .
By proudhighlandmom Comments: 34, member since Wed Nov 23, 2011
On Tue Dec 06, 2011 04:29 AM
This information is fantastic!! Thank you for taking the time to post this information!
By emmyport Comments: 911, member since Thu Mar 13, 2008
On Sun Dec 11, 2011 01:45 PM
Olivias_mom wrote:

Wow!!!!! Amazing and impressive, thanks so much. I so wanted to see a picture of Dress Nova Scotia but the link can't be found. So if anyone happens to have a picture i would love to see it.

Dress Nova Scotia page: pinterest.com . . .
By CantStandStillPremium member Comments: 44, member since Sat Jul 07, 2012
On Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:21 PM

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but can someone please help identify this tartan and what the color is? It looks like a turquoise. Sorry for the poor picture quality.

I apologize to whoever this is, I just got it off of a YouTube video and I really like the color.
By heather4 Comments: 550, member since Fri Dec 16, 2005
On Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:48 PM
looks like green Mcrae of Conchra or teal Mcrae of Conchra from Tartantown
By CantStandStillPremium member Comments: 44, member since Sat Jul 07, 2012
On Wed Jul 25, 2012 04:07 AM
Thanks heather4! It must be the green, because the turqouise is much lighter, and that tartan isn't available in the blue-green it looks in the picture I posted above. It must be a trick of the light/camera. I would love something in a deep teal like that! I like the simple look of the MacRae of Conchra. The link in the top post isn't working, could someone please post a good pic of it in green and/or turquoise? Thanks!
Page:
Page 7 of 81 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

ReplySendWatch