Forum: Teams / Dance Teams

Improving 3 Point Turns
By DancerGirl_08
On Thu Feb 16, 2006 04:35 PM
Edited by DancerGirl_08 (118976) on 2006-02-16 16:39:56 Punctuation Error

I am trying to improve my single 3 point turn, and also trying to work my way up to double turns. Is the only way to make them better to just do them and practice them over and over, or is there a way to improve my balance, and spotting, ect. And what is the best way to perfect a double turn? It always seems like I get around 1 1/2 times, and then I just fall out of the spin. How do I keep the momentum going and make it all the way around the 2nd time?

Any help would be greatly appretiated!
~*EmilyRose*~

2 Replies to Improving 3 Point Turns

re: Improving 3 Point Turns
By Fyrefly525member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:14 PM
For turns just practice you passe position everywhere. stand in posse releve while brushing your teeth, or washing dishes and deffinately practice in front of a mirror.

As for practicing the turn itself. Make sure to get a full plie before you releve. make sure that your front foot is flat on the ground. If it's forced arch you wont have the right momentum.

When you are turning remember to SPOT SPOT SPOT! and hold you center as strong as you can. That deffinately includes posture. Drooped shoulders can throw you off balance. And also, when you rise for the turn think of someone sucking you up through a straw. Everything comes up .

I hope this helps you!

~Jen~
re: Improving 3 Point Turns
By panicmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:01 AM
OK, this is probably a stupid question, but what's a 3 point turn? That's something I had to do for my driver's license test.

ReplySendWatch