Forum: Folk / Folk - General

Romanian folk dance?
By dalik25
On Fri Feb 17, 2006 06:30 PM

Anybody doing Romanian folk dance? What do you think of it? What's your favorite dance and why?

7 Replies to Romanian folk dance?

re: Romanian folk dance?
By donnyaPremium member
On Sun Feb 19, 2006 09:52 AM
Yes, I have done several romanian Folk dances- give me a minute to remember the namesof the ones I really like.They are exciting. Why do you ask? Do you do romanian?
I learned some
By dalik25
On Mon Feb 20, 2006 03:38 PM
Yes, I do Romanian dances. I only know a few: Floricica, Vulpita, Alunelul. I know a few others but I don't remember their names. We're also doing some gipsy dances that come from Romania. I was just wondering is there are many people actually doing Romanian dances and if they like them. Thanks for your answer.
By jp_tantsiurystmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Mon Feb 27, 2006 07:44 PM
Alunelul! yeah that one's cool. Our group modified it so that at the end, the guys form a line and pick all of the girls up on their arms. When the girls don't fall off it's pretty awesome, though not the most authentic.
I like Romanian dances too!
By shira
On Tue Apr 11, 2006 01:03 PM
I used to have a T-shirt that said, "Help Stamp Out Romanian Dances." It was fun to wear it - strangers would come up to me and ask, "What's wrong with Romanian dances?" A brief demonstration of Alunelul told them what they needed to know....

My favorite Romanian dance is one called Rustemul, which I may have misspelled. I love the music, and the steps are fun. My second favorite is Floricica. Ciuleandra is fun because of how it starts out slow and gradually gets faster until it's pretty wild. Alunelul isn't my favorite, but it's easy enough to be something beginners can learn quickly and for that reason I like having it in the repertoire.
Romanian dances
By dalik25
On Wed Apr 12, 2006 06:43 PM
Yeah, I like Rustemul myself. I think it's pretty cool how it changes directions. I like the footwork too. Floricica is a good one as well. Except for one step in the footwork part. :) I think the steps are pretty fun but there's one part that I miss all the time. :))
By akiranme
On Mon Apr 17, 2006 09:46 AM
My fav is Opa Cupa. Not saying that I can actually dance it but the music is so compelling, I just keep trying.
akira n me
By donnyaPremium member
On Thu May 04, 2006 12:35 PM
I think that Cieulandra ( sp?) is my favorite. We have so much fun doing the "grapevine" step when it gets so fast. Also, one of our teachers decided that the last phrase of the singing in each verse sounded like " She forgot to lay the eggs, oh sha-sha-sha-sha..." so needless to say we can hardly help laughiing at that part..

ReplySendWatch