Forum: Adults / Baby On Board

Page:
Page 2 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
re: Baby names! Choosing the right name
By Emmymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2437, member since Fri Sep 30, 2005
On Tue Mar 14, 2006 01:57 PM
Helen- it took awhile but I got it! hahaha, that would be a horrible name, poor kid!

As for me, I love the names Paige, Olivia, and Anastasia. I haven't really thought about boy names very much, but I have a ways to go before I have kids. :)

emmy

~live, laugh, dance~
By barefootgracemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2827, member since Fri Oct 22, 2004
On Tue Mar 14, 2006 06:33 PM
Can i just say that "Fishsticks." is my new greeting? LOL.

Ok, so i named my girls Geneva and Gwendolyn. i was expecting at least Geneva to show up in there somewhere (it's a place name, but also a family name). At least i spelled them traditionally...
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Tue Mar 14, 2006 09:36 PM
Erin, you have to say it fast. It's not to do with Andrew Peacock.

Helen
By tapnjazzbabymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1265, member since Fri Mar 25, 2005
On Wed Mar 15, 2006 05:09 AM
oh my goodness helen! LOL i just got that!!

my mum is pregnant with twins and i was discussing with her tonight what to call our babies when they are born.

but first i will tell you a story.. ok i have a LARGE family!! I have 6 sisters and one brother. My sisters are Kourtnie, Kassidy, Kijarna, Kelsii, Krystelle and Kaeylie. I'm Keely. My bro is the only exception to this little trend my parents have (He is Seth.)

Now as you can understand i BEGGED my Mum not to call anymore kids names starting with K, its getting a wee bit weird i think.. but... what does she like for our new bubs??

Kaitlyn and Kaemon! More K's!!! I can understand Kaemon (its Japanese for Joyful, and we have a Japanese backround...) but Kaitlyn.. beautiful name.. just not for our family!!

I suggested
for girls-

Tristene (although do you think that sounds weird with the last name Jensen.. the more i say it the more it does i think
and
Madison

and for boys

Mitsu (keeping with the Japanese theme, also my grandfathers name)
and
Darcy

what do you guys think??

love keely...xoxox
By Tabbymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4988, member since Mon May 17, 2004
On Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:31 AM
Well I'm only a teen but I've always known I'd name my first girl Lisa Ann LASTNAME after my mother.
Other names I like are:

Girls: Kendra, Cameron (although it means bent nose apparently lol) and Heather

Boys: Aaron, Joshua, Daniel
By cheertoes89member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 269, member since Sun Dec 14, 2003
On Wed Mar 15, 2006 05:28 PM
I don't plan on having kids anytime soon, but I love the names:

For a girl:
Natalia Gabrielle
Valeria Michele

For a Boy:
Cristian Gabriel
Nataniel Jaime
By fairy_dustmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6584, member since Sun Jan 20, 2002
On Wed Mar 15, 2006 06:51 PM
For boys names, I like Michael, Ethan, and Gabriel. I just like the sound of them. For girls names, I like Corrine and Roberta. Corrine is the name of someone who played an important part in my life a few years ago, and Roberta is the name of my grandmother.

Another boy's name that I absolutely love is Faber. But I highly doubt I'll name my son that name (long story... anyone who knows about the Holy Boy saga will understand why...).
re: Baby names! Choosing the right name (karma: 1)
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Wed Mar 15, 2006 08:58 PM
I suggested the name Madison, if it was a girl.

My boyfriends reaction?

"No, seriously. Why would you do that to a kid?"

lmao?
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:05 PM
Theresa, the interesting thing about the name Madison is that it didn't exist until the movie "Splash" (late 80s). Then because the mermaid called herself that after seeing the Madison Avenue sign, it's become a really popular girl's name. So you will not find a Madison that is older than 20 years old.

I have a (second) cousin called Madison and have taught three.

Helen
By pelerrojamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1125, member since Fri Mar 18, 2005
On Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:22 PM
Matching with the surname is so important! I had a science teacher in high school called Donald Duckering. I'm sure he loved his parents for that! Coming to think of it...a lot of my history department at Uni have unusual names....they're all 'old' sounding names, even if they're really young....like Emmett Sullivan or Hugo Blake or whatever.

I'm not knocked up yet but I really want to call my girl, should I have one, Cosima. Is that too weird? It's either Italian or Greek and the meaning is usually given as 'universe' or 'order'. It's not particularly popular in Europe but is known- Richard Wagner's wife was called it!
My husband loves it too....I know the grandparents wont though! Also, I'm not sure if I want to give her a name that she'll spend the rest of her life telling everyone how to pronounce it.

Other names I like:

Adele
Arlene
Nadia

Harry
George
Dylan (although husband says absolutely not to this due to 90210)
By adridancer Comments: 688, member since Sun Sep 07, 2003
On Sat Mar 18, 2006 07:19 PM
I am currently 7 wks pregnant and my husband and I have picked out the following names:

William Joseph
Elizabeth Lorraine

In the event we are having multiples (scary thought for me!), other names we're considering are:

Boys:
James
Edward
George
Gregory
Henry

Girls:
Catherine
Victoria
Maria
Natalie

Pelerroja - I'm pretty sure that Cosima is the feminine derrivative of the Italian men's name Cosimo or Cosmo, but the origin may be Greek (Kosmos?)

adridancer

*the only sin is mediocrity*~MG
By SiyoNqobamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7113, member since Fri Aug 02, 2002
On Sat Mar 18, 2006 09:27 PM
Edited by SiyoNqoba (34789) on 2006-03-18 21:28:34
I've known since I was about 14 that I am going to name my son Jairus. I was writing it down for some reason, and just felt incredibly drawn to it.
re: Baby names! Choosing the right name (karma: 1)
By NZDanzer Comments: 27, member since Fri Aug 12, 2005
On Sun Mar 19, 2006 02:12 AM
Well, I live in a totally different part of the planet to most of you guys!! (New Zealand - to the east of Australia!) Anyway, have had 2 experiences of my own in choosing a name for another human being. Extremely difficult to do - especially when you know that little person is going to have to live with it for the rest of their lives (or until they are old enough to change it by deedpoll). Anyway, choosing a name you love yourself is the most important criteria, as when it comes to calling (shouting?) that name to your child as you do quite often - you want to make sure it is something you enjoy saying! Also, once a name is a name - once a person has that name, do you ever question why that person has it? Like some of your best friends, can you ever imagine they were called anything else?
By Little_MissJmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11220, member since Thu Jul 17, 2003
On Mon Mar 20, 2006 02:38 AM
I'm only 16 and if I were to have children, I want to wait till I'm at least 30! But I have my favourite names;
Boy; Dylan(1st choice and it's Welsh like me), Noah, Alex, Zack, Jaxon (Jackson), Luca, Theo.
Girl; Ebony(1st choice and I know it's wood or something but I love the name), Ella Mae, Ruby (for my Mum as she wanted to name me that), Freya, Ava
However, it all depends on my partner's surname. Eg if their surname is 'Edwards' I wouldn't call my daughter Ebony or Ella however much I love the names. I hate alliteration names. Another example, if their surname were Harrison, I wouldn't call my son Harry, etc. Another thing I have thought of, having the same letters for twins is fine but not if they rhyme. Eg. Theo and Leo, Larry and Barry lol.
I have also decided that instead of naming my child after my Mother (Linda Maureen), I'd either call my girl Ruby or give her the middle name Katelyn (most call my Mum Lyn) same with my sister (Susan Mary) I'd call her Bailey or put it as a middle name (that's if my sister doesn't have children) Both my Mum and Sister dislike their names, so I thought it would be a better idea to consider names they like or are similar to their names.

J x
By hyehokismember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2233, member since Tue Jul 30, 2002
On Mon Mar 20, 2006 06:31 PM
We selected Piper Ruby for our daughter- Piper being a found name and Ruby after my husbands grandmum. Our other choices were Holli Joy or LEslie Lynetts (These are our middle names).

Speaking from experience, you will change your minds on the names a million times. It is not until after the birth, when you see your childs face when you realize the name you will call the baby.

Po
By SeniorLadyPremium member Comments: 8103, member since Sun Aug 24, 2003
On Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:15 AM
My favourite names are Anna and Tess/Tessa. Anna is timeless; you really can't wrong with it.
By DeStijlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7023, member since Sat Jul 17, 2004
On Wed Mar 22, 2006 03:36 AM
Edited by DeStijl (100082) on 2006-03-22 03:40:35
Edited by DeStijl (100082) on 2006-03-22 03:42:00
teehee. I never knew my name was unisex. Interesting to know.

On a side note, I have a second cousin whos first name is 'Rainbow' - I kid you not.
She tells people her name is Patricia.. I think shes looking into getting it legally chnaged now that she is 21.

I've always loved the names Gabrielle and Audrey for girls (Audrey was my grandmothers name.. and its my sisters middle name. I got styck with 'Eliza' - I've always been jealous of her name. Emily Audrey - it sounds so pretty)

James was always my favourite boys name. But its so common.
By DarcysReelmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4545, member since Mon Sep 29, 2003
On Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:31 PM
I *love* the name William. I'm not planning on having children any time soon, but one of my kids *will* have the name William/Liam. :D
By tumblebugPremium member Comments: 10100, member since Fri Mar 29, 2002
On Thu Mar 23, 2006 06:35 AM
Anyone with some medical knowledge, will get a kick out of this....

Please don't do this to your child.

My initials are....

LMP

Nice huh? Used to be quite a running joke at the dr's office as I had to initial charts all the time. It would confuse the dr as well.
By Isla Comments: 1299, member since Tue Sep 06, 2005
On Sat Mar 25, 2006 02:39 AM
^ Heh ... that's gotta be embarrasing.

At least you're not a guy. Could be worse.

You could make your initials look like scrawl as most of the dostors would probably be doing themselves anyway :)
By ishyfishiemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1867, member since Fri Aug 15, 2003
On Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:03 AM
Our plans are for Logan Matthew and Emma Campbell. Logan, Matthew, and Campbell are all family names, and we just like Emma. :) Our other likes for boys are Liam, Owen (I don't know if I like the sound of "Logan and Owen" though), and maybe Charlie. I love the name Thomas too but don't like Tom or Tommy. For girls, our other favorites are Aselin (Az-lyn, play on Aslan from Narnia books, plus sort of a play on fiance's mom's name, Alison) and Elena. Luckily he has a pretty versatile last name, which I'm very happy with! The first boy and first girl are set though!
By luvNdancermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 569, member since Fri Aug 06, 2004
On Sat Mar 25, 2006 06:25 PM
Helen~ that made me laugh, id feel so bad for any little boy who must go through life witht that name
By Liritmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4789, member since Sat May 18, 2002
On Sat Mar 25, 2006 06:51 PM
While it's true that the 1980's movie Splash caused the name Madison to have an upswing in popularity, it's not true that no one had ever used it as a name prior. I actually knew someone in highschool named Madison. She was a senior when I was a freshman, making her about 30 now.
By missdancediva Comments: 409, member since Mon Mar 01, 2004
On Mon Mar 27, 2006 06:01 PM
My name is Charlotte Lisa. The names I love and want to use when I have children are:

Boy Names
Gregory Richard
Reese Christopher
Adian Valentino
Miles Thomas

Girl Names
Gracella Elizabeth
Isabella Victoria
Hannah Leila
Natalia Audra

At the moment we are busy with our wedding. Our wedding date is September 29, 2007.

~missdancediva~
By odile_odettemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1996, member since Wed Jul 03, 2002
On Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:35 AM
For a girl, I would go for Isabella May. When I grew up we always used to go visit my great great aunties and I have very good memories of them. They were sisters called May and Lala (Isabella). It would mean a lot to call my daughter Isabella May, its a beautiful name and I would love to nme her after them.

For a boy, I dont know. Possibly a Scottish name as Im Scottish, but I dont know.

I think the name Madison is really cute.
Page:
Page 2 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

ReplySendWatch