Forum: Adults / Baby On Board

Page:
Page 3 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
re: Baby names! Choosing the right name
By Nicola_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2257, member since Sun Dec 21, 2003
On Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:54 AM
I'm very interested in names.

I work with kids everyday and I have heard some of the strangest names!! Some cute, some cruel. Seeing as I deffinately plan to have kids - Names are something I think about.

For girls - Anna, Hayley, Hannah, Heather, Freya, Cameron

For Boys - Cameron, Andrew, James, Finnlay

I like the name Cameron and think it would suit a boy or a girl, but probably more for a boy.
I like just normal names really although I did used to think I liked the names....Analeigh, Doc, Liesel, but I guess my taste changed, lol.

But again like others have said I doubt I'll know till I see them.

Nicola x
By oz_helenmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11196, member since Sat Aug 10, 2002
On Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:53 PM
Lirit - very interesting. I stand corrected on that one!

Helen
By dancingirlloz Comments: 118, member since Thu Aug 04, 2005
On Fri Apr 07, 2006 04:41 PM
I've had names picked out for my future children for years now. And each and everyone means something to me!

Girls
Melinda Nor
Daphne Rosario
Emery Jayne
Idina Cosette

Boys
Emery Thomas
Maddox Benjamin
Finnian Max
Adam Max

xxx
By Newly_Wed_Dancer Comments: 18, member since Tue Apr 11, 2006
On Wed Apr 26, 2006 05:47 PM
My favorite names that someone has chosen from DDN are TwinMommy's twins Carianna and Keely!
By EireLibramember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2482, member since Thu Aug 21, 2003
On Mon May 01, 2006 05:20 PM
Here's a few that we've thought of: (my last name starts with S)

Riana Laurel
Briavael _______
Risa Lorianne

Kerrick Reid
Oak Bryce (a little hippy, but I like it)
Baby names! Choosing the right name
By prettypinkdancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 542, member since Thu May 12, 2005
On Mon May 01, 2006 07:34 PM
i didnt know my name was so populaire i've never met another savannah in my life!
these are my name choices

for girls
-shealin (yes i know it's my sister's name but i like it)
-sienna
-coco
-eva
-ella
-eidhle (ei-lee)
-faith

for boys
-colin
-jacob
-gradien
-edan

this was fun!
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 17315, member since Thu Jun 06, 2002
On Sat May 06, 2006 11:35 AM
Risa's a chain of nightclubs attached to the comedy club Jongleurs in the UK. They have beds.

I don't 'get' the notion of wanting your child to have a 'different' name, to be honest. There aren't enough words in the world for us all to have a different name and to be honest if you want to name your daughter Casey May then do so, I see no need to spell it <I>K'Sea-Mae</i>. It's pretentious.

Just try putting some of these names into serious professions or news stories. Would you vote for a candidate named K'Sea-Mae Thomson? Trust a doctor called Kellynia Jaecyn Harding? I don't think striving to be different is a good enough reason to saddle your child with an unpronouncable and meaningless name.

As for me:

Girls -
One of them has to have the middle names 'Alexandra May' - my maternal grandparents are Philip Alexander and Doris May and it will be nice to name my child after the best two people that ever lived - although I don't really like them as first names.

So they'll probably go with 'Amy' - chosen for no particular reason. Others are;

Ciara - Pronounced 'Keera' as the Gaels intended. Not like a Ford car.
Rebecca - My sister
Kate - Tom's sister

Boys -
Eldest boy may be Thomas after his dad.

I also like James, Josh and Ben although Ben <I>seriously</i> wouldn't go with the surname. Daniel I like but I might just skip the middle man and call him Dan.

Louise
By SiyoNqobamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7113, member since Fri Aug 02, 2002
On Sat May 06, 2006 09:40 PM
The names I've honestly considered (and dont just like) are:

- Jairus
- D'mitri (not necessarily spelled that way)
- Elijah
- Malachi
- Zachariah
- Danton
- Roman
- Andre
- Xander
- Caillou

- Evelyn
- Lillith
- Lavinia
- Alba
- Ahlai
- Elysia
- Honour
- Kimberly
- Autumn
- Dallas
re: Baby names! Choosing the right name (karma: 1)
By odile_odettemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1996, member since Wed Jul 03, 2002
On Mon May 08, 2006 12:55 PM
^^ Good choice Weezy on going for Amy! Im an Amy, Im quite happy with it, its great when in Primary School and your making name tags, you can write Amy in huuuge letters.
By Louisemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 17315, member since Thu Jun 06, 2002
On Tue May 09, 2006 12:07 PM
The bit about the big letters seriously cracked me up. If I was erring before, it's absolutely set in stone now. Just so my little Amy gets to write her name all big :D

Louise
By Smileysal Comments: 291, member since Thu Jun 24, 2004
On Wed May 10, 2006 06:33 PM
Hiya,

Ive 2 girls, the oldest is Kara Louise, (we picked Kara with a K cos we thought it unusual, then ive met 5 people with the same spelling) oh well.

The youngest has a very long name, bless her. Its, Amber Rose Lily-Ann. I always wanted a girl called Amber Rose (got it from Simon Le Bons oldest daughters name and loved it) Lily after my exes mum and Ann after my mum. The student midwife put the hyphon in it and we liked it better like that so it stuck that way.

Sorry for going on and on.

:) Sal
By EireLibramember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2482, member since Thu Aug 21, 2003
On Thu May 18, 2006 08:05 PM
^ Thanks for the heads-up, but as we're in the western united states, I don't think Risa will be a problem. Had a friend in high-school named that and she never got flack, lol.
By ladida_dancrgrl Comments: 27, member since Sat Nov 27, 2004
On Tue May 23, 2006 03:42 AM
Edited by ladida_dancrgrl (114516) on 2006-05-23 03:44:14
totally agree with you Theresa about the ethnic background matching both names...my sister has a friend who was mexican but carried her grandfathers last name (grandfather to father) her name was Isis Goldberg...(pronounced like e-seas) it just doesnt fit.
By WritingLassie Comments: 1586, member since Tue Jul 12, 2005
On Tue May 23, 2006 07:37 PM
I really like:
Emma Rhiannon, Emma Serenity, Emma Caroline
Fiona Skye
Rhiannon Jade
Aurora Katherine (after a friend)
Ayleigh/Ailidh Skye
Adena Melanie or Adena Jade
Madeline Noelle
Catriona Rae
Bonnie Noelle (after a friend, Aurora's sister actually)
Mairi Catherine (first name) Elizabeth
Saoirse Kathleen (I probably won't use this though because Saoirse is NOT a known name here and no one can pronounce it)
By KimmieVmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 436, member since Wed Sep 22, 2004
On Wed May 24, 2006 03:33 PM
I'm pretty set on Constance and Vincent, of course I'll probably change my mind a bit if I actually get pregnant. The only thing that leaves me leery though is everyone shortening their names. I cringe at the thought of my children being called Connie or Vinny. I'm Kimberly, and my entire family calls me Kim, or worse yet kimmy, I hate it. Does anyone else have strong feelings about people using the full name of your kid instead of some cutesy short?
By drewharvey Comments: 14, member since Wed Jan 28, 2004
On Wed May 24, 2006 08:53 PM
i would like to suggest that one may try going to a quiet space within and asking the child's spirit what it would like to be called . i did this and although it was not quite what i expected she gave me a beautiful name which suits her perfectly and we have never heard of anyone else being called by it and for all her 13 yrs it has always a popular question asked .how did you get your name?when she used to do pagaents at age 4-6 virtually every judge asked her the same question and off course she had an intriguing answer each time .
By Tanzen Comments: 113, member since Sat Jul 13, 2002
On Mon May 29, 2006 04:05 PM
I'm only 17 but I have my children's names picked out already lol! I want a boy and 2 girls
Henry David Marriot Montgomery-Surname
Beatrice Caroline Grace Montgomery-Surname
Amelia Elizabeth Cressida Montgomery-Surname

Then they can shorten their names to Harry, Millie and Bea which is really sweet :)
By Katharinemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4266, member since Tue Apr 08, 2003
On Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:36 PM
I am so back to the drawing board on names again. Her middle name will be Marie, but first name is unknown again.

Baby October it is.
By itsadncthng Comments: 1276, member since Tue Mar 07, 2006
On Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:06 PM
I have a son and a daughter and naming them was quite difficult. My last name is Lee, but my husband is from South America with a first name of that ethnicity. He has Irish ancestry on both sides, go figure, and thats where the last name comes from. Trying to find a name that didn't sound like an adverb and had a latino flair to it was hard. Also, with my daughter I didn't want to name her anything that reminded me of a problem student or parent. My son was actually supposed to be a junior until about 5 days before he was born, and it worked out for the best. I ended up naming them Enrique Alberto, Ricky for short, and Alexandria Jordyn. She has a bunch of nicknames. I'm not to thrilled about her having such a long name, but my dh really liked Alexandra. I didn't want a name that was that common so I threw in the "i". I have a very popular name and it was a pain growing up. I wanted the kids to have something normal, but not in the top 10.

If we go for the third I'd like to have a girl named Arabella. My dh wants a boy named Kal-El, which is Superman's Krypton name. He's a superman fanatic. Thankfully, I think we are done, but you never know.
By luvirish_dance Comments: 23, member since Tue Aug 30, 2005
On Mon Jul 03, 2006 08:15 PM
i like old fashioned names. look some up. you might like them, too!
By delinquent Comments: 1129, member since Thu Jul 08, 2004
On Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:13 PM
Here are some names that I've seen as a school teacher. And yes, they're real names!
L'avatory
Vagina (said vageena)
Akinky (went to school with her) Everyone said, you;'re just a kinky hoe, aren't you? BAD NAME
and my personal fav
Geometry (I'd rather have the first two any day! lol)

Names I'd like for girls

Gloria Marie, Aubrey Alexis, Arianna Celestine, Bethany Allaire.

Boys: Eh, who cares? I'll let their dad figure that one out!
By Emmamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6898, member since Mon Nov 29, 2004
On Sun Jul 09, 2006 06:23 PM
There are very few names I like for girls beginning with the word 'K'

I just know what I'm going to call my firstborn daughter.

When I was born my parents picked two names they liked...

Both of my parents mothers have the same first name...

My granny said that I had to be called Emma because she wasn't allowing them to call me Anna after either of the two grannies (Annie)

So... I've decided that while I love my own name, and it suits me a lot better than it suits a lot of other Emma's about, and I don't for a minute wish that I could have been Anna (mostly because of the butterfly effect (not the film - the concept)), I really want to call my daughter Anna, not after my granny but in honour of her, and everything about her, her personality, and how insistent she was.

I decided this last November, after she died.

(plus it will annoy her, haha - I'll get one over on her, I'm just as stubborn as she is!!!)

As for her having the same name as other in her class - Nicknames are fun...

I'm not sure about any others, it depends on who the father is, and where we are living. Most probably they will all have an Irish theme to them, and Anna will have an Irish middle name.

I always feel left out, I'm the only child in my family who doesn't have a name that's either Irish/anglicised version of an Irish name, or has an Irish variant. (Nuala, Eoin and Thomas are my siblings.)

Also, I'm proud of my heritage, and I want my children to learn about it too.
By TumblinCutie Comments: 767, member since Fri Feb 28, 2003
On Wed Jul 12, 2006 08:39 PM
A close friend of the family has an 18 month old daughter named Vienna Mia.

I think that's a pretty unique name. *Her and her husband met in Vienna.... hence the meaning being "my Vienna"*

They are expecting another daughter soon and want to call her Nevaeh Damiana (nuh-VEY-uh day-me-AHN-uh). It means "Untamed heaven" because Nevaeh is heaven spelled backwards. I don't know exactly how I feel about that, though... it's kind of an unusual name. I did read somewhere that Nevaeh was voted #70 baby name in USA... odd, though. Well, not odd... just different I guess.

They call their eldest Via a lot.
What would a nickname for Nevaeh be? Nevvy? Or Veya?
By philycheesesteakPremium member Comments: 237, member since Sun Jul 23, 2006
On Sun Jul 23, 2006 07:00 PM
The baby name chart thing is so much fun. I went through the names in my family and most were very popular when they were born except Kathryne wich is a family name from a couple of generations ago. It is interesting seening how many were popular. I guess our parents inherently want us to be popular and fit in. But in the end i think uniqe names are much cooler. Anyway it is fun to see how names fall in and out of popularity. My young nieces names are Emma Morgan and a nephew named Hayden. All recently very popular
By Firebirdmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1970, member since Mon Feb 14, 2005
On Tue Aug 01, 2006 07:53 PM
OK-

I've worked everything out. I'm only 14, though :) So first, I have to marry a nice guy with the last name Parker :) Because, I can get a waaay better and NORMAL sounding name, and my kids will have a nice last name.

I have to have a girl named Lena. (lee-na) So her fully name would be probably (not sure about the middle name)
Lena Charlotte Parker

I also probably need a Simone.

Simone Michelle Parker

And maybe
Olivia Rose Parker (love how it sounds, not sure about the actual names if that makes any sense) or variation on that
Ophelia Rose Parker

And my boy has to be:
Jerome James Parker.

Now, all I have to do is meet Mr. Parker and convince him on these names :)
Page:
Page 3 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

ReplySendWatch