Forum: Adults / Baby On Board

Page:
Page 5 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
re: Baby names! Choosing the right name
By Kaitey Comments: 86, member since Fri Nov 17, 2006
On Sat Nov 18, 2006 02:14 PM
I have always liked the names Joaquin and Nicholas for boys and Gracelyn and Carrie-Ann.My Aunt Carolyn has four kids: Jacquelyn Marie,(Jac after her mom and marie was a family name) Alexandria Rae (Rae after her middle name Raechel and Alexandria after my grandparents last name),and the twins Phillip Floyd (after my grannys 1st name Phyllis and his dads middle name Floyd) and Jimmie Floyd (my uncles full name).After she name Jacquelyn everyone started calling her Jackie after Jackie Kennedy and she hated it.So we now call Jacquelyn Jac.
By Kaitey Comments: 86, member since Fri Nov 17, 2006
On Sat Nov 18, 2006 02:34 PM
My name is Kaitherine Elizabeth Joceyln-Rose Miller.
My whole family calls me Lizzi or Jo or even Rosie(reminds me of cailou's little sisiter)Kaitey happened to be a name my 2nd grade teacher gave me.Thank the lord for that.Kaitherine was just to long! So i have been a Kaitey since I was 7.
By JessDeAddermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 594, member since Sat Oct 21, 2006
On Fri Nov 24, 2006 07:24 PM
I'm too young to have kids.
But here are some cool names.

Boys:
Ewan (Like Ewan McGregor.)
Joaquin (yes. Joaquin Pheonix)
Braidy
Kole
Kasey
Kaleb
Kale (I love boys names with "K")
Brice
Damien
Tristan ( I also love french names)
Elijah
Joel

Girls:
Emma
Aurora
Dawn
Nadia
Michelle (over-used but I love it)
Skyler
Clara
Lora
Eve
Zoe
Ezra
Grace
Hannah

That's all I can think of now.
re: Baby names! Choosing the right name (karma: 3)
By SeniorLadyPremium member Comments: 8103, member since Sun Aug 24, 2003
On Wed Dec 06, 2006 09:02 AM
My favourite name is Anna, and I hate kreativ spellings. I once saw it as Annagh - grr.
By Tasha74member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 503, member since Wed Mar 29, 2006
On Tue Dec 19, 2006 07:40 AM
Boys:
Edward Stephen
Nickolas John
William Courage
And then I want to name one after the dad.

Girls:
Emma Peace
Chloe Ann
Amanda Grace
By PrimaBallerina15 Comments: 860, member since Mon Apr 19, 2004
On Fri Dec 29, 2006 06:36 PM
Some names not to name your baby: Sunday, Sunshine, May, July, Daisy, Allegra, BubblesÂ…these names are all cute, but not really the name to name a child.

Some names you should not ever dare to think about naming your child: LaSean, LaQuesha, Diamond, Princess, PorcheaÂ…these names are ghetto. And often people will discriminate by the name. Studies have been shown when small children have been asked who they would rather play with and they always choose names like Heather opposed to a LaQanda
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Sun Jan 14, 2007 05:08 PM
^I think I've mentioned this story before (probably elsewhere in this same thread) but I used to dance with a woman named Princess. Apparently, it was a family name.

It certainly fit. That's all I'll say. You can probably guess the rest. Heh.
By chrispbinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2188, member since Sat May 06, 2006
On Mon Jan 15, 2007 04:23 AM
On the how popular was your name thingy, my name peaked in the decade I was born, and I'm not in the states- there are a lot of us!

I'm with SeniorLady- I have real probs withnon-standard spelling. I used to work as a sign language interpreter in schools and you have to spell names. So they read the roll and you hear 'Caitlin', but it could be almost anything! Think phonetically and I've seen it!

My daughter is named after an endemic tasmanian tree, Acacia, and my son is Finlay (Heath middle name, to keep the plants happy), pronounced Finley, just to be difficult! But it's better than the Irish spelling, Fionnlaidh, right?
By BBdance5678 Comments: 86, member since Sun Jun 04, 2006
On Thu Jan 25, 2007 09:53 PM
I taught my first "Ocean" today. And I have a "Prissy", Yes..."prissy", not short for anything... And the name fits!! HA HA
re: Baby names! Choosing the right name (karma: 2)
On Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:55 AM
My favourite kreatyv spelling is Meagh'n. I mean honestly.
By Little_MissJmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11220, member since Thu Jul 17, 2003
On Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:41 AM
I'm not a huge fan on 'creative' spellings either. I mean, what is the point? If the ending is changed for example; 'Jodie' to 'Jody', or 'Kayley' to 'Kayleigh' that's fine. ^ That is horrendous. In our local paper, there's a section for birth announcements. There was a little girl just named; 'Jorja' .. normally, 'Georgia'. No-one is going to spell it 'Jorja' unless they really know this girl really well!
By Natalia009member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 383, member since Fri Dec 09, 2005
On Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:05 AM
I think that alot of people think that changing the way they spell a common name will make it more unique, but how you pronounce it Jorja--Georgia it's COMMON. Sorry. A unique name is one that isn't commonly heard of. The spelling is just the spelling, in my opinion it doesn't make a name unique. Just more times for a kid to have to correct someone.

xo Natalia
By KeepOnSinginPremium member Comments: 12372, member since Sun Dec 19, 2004
On Wed Feb 21, 2007 08:56 PM
Edited by SunshineFace (116683) on 2007-02-21 20:58:20
My favorite names:

Girls

Nalani
Leila
Cecelia
Rafaelle

Boys

Gabriel
Malachi
Rafael
By RainyDayKid Comments: 1207, member since Sun Mar 03, 2002
On Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:59 PM
My fiance and I are naming our first son Israel and our first daughter Lennox. The middle names, uh.. will come to us later.

Israel is a name that he's loved since he was little, when he first saw it in the Bible.

Lennox was going to be my name. It's what my mom wanted to name me when they found out they were having a girl, but instead they decided on Kathryn, which was my grandmother's name. Ever since my mom told me that story I've been in love with the name Lennox for a girl.

Our alternates are Nehemiah and Jamison for a boy, and Eden for a girl.
By kdl_0202 Comments: 116, member since Wed Feb 28, 2007
On Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:08 AM
Well, I'm not pregnant or any where near ready to have children, but I love talking about baby names! (what girl doesn't?!) ;)
Some names I LOVE are:
Girls- Ava, Alivia, Charlotte, Molly, Lilly, Kaitlyn, Cailyn, Eva

Boys- Masen, Jacksen, Austin, Noah, Liam, Isaiah, Isaac

I really love Ava Grace and Alivia Noelle, but we'll have to see what my future husband thinks and what his last name is!

What does everyone think about naming children with the same letter? I know someone with seven children and all of the names start with 'S'. I go back and forth with it. I think it would be cute, but a lot of people tell me they think its corny. Opinions?
re: Baby names! Choosing the right name (karma: 2)
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11321, member since Sun Nov 23, 2003
On Wed Mar 07, 2007 09:18 AM
^ I think when you start coordinating your children it takes on a touch of OCD and blows it up to Martha Stewart proportions. JMHO.

Since this has sort of turned into a "names I like" thread, I'm with SeniorLady and some others on the 'kreativ' spellings front. Boyfriend and I have discussed names and the only two we seem to have agreed upon are Viola and Stella. I love unusual names, but they have to be sort of traditional or have some sort of family connection. Shaw's a family surname and it might end up as a first name I use for a boy, as well as my own surname.

Dani
By danceforyourlife Comments: 121, member since Sun Jun 05, 2005
On Fri Mar 23, 2007 07:08 AM
I'm only 17 but my boyfriend and I have picked out names, even if things don't work out it was still fun. I really liked the name Gracelyn but he didn't so instead we came up with:
Quentin
Averil
Kira

I sugested Quentin and he liked that it was unusually but an actually name. He came up with the name Averil and it just grew on me and now I really like it. Her middle name will be Erin. Both of our names start with K so it only seemed right to have one child with a K name. The name Sasha for a girl is also a possibility. I also really like the names Gabriel and Ian but Gabriel is one of my best friends and Ian is my boyfriends cousin and I don't like the idea of my kids having the the same mane as a friend or relitive.
re: Baby names! Choosing the right name (karma: 1)
By LiveYourDreams Comments: 285, member since Mon Aug 16, 2004
On Mon Apr 30, 2007 01:09 AM
I heard there are 3 tests you should try before choosing a name:

1) Imagine calling your child for supper
2) Imagine someone using it as they are getting married or
proposed to
3) Imagine it on an office door or nametag
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Mon Apr 30, 2007 05:20 PM
Edited by EineJesusLaune (73000) on 2007-04-30 17:20:48 oopsie
I'm not ready to have kids yet...or even get engaged yet, but my boyfriend and I have talked about baby names.

We want two kids, preferably a boy and a girl, so we've only really thought about names for those:

Skyler Delaney M----n. Delaney is his sister's middle name, and we thought it fit really well with Skyler.

Michael Ryan M----n Jr. Our son will be named after my boyfriend.

Other names that we like:

Boys:
Isaiah David
Tristan Kade

Girls:
Aspen Delaney (Delaney will obviously change if we have a Skyler)
Anna Grace (a timeless, classic name. Plus it sounds great with the last name!)

I can't wait until I have children of my own!
By ballet_snoopy Comments: 560, member since Fri Oct 21, 2005
On Mon Apr 30, 2007 09:24 PM
I'm not a big fan of creative names or names that can be spelled with many different (and acceptable/well known) spellings. I have that problem with my name - plus my surname is unusual and very complex - and when I marry my boyfriend, I'm going to have a shorter, but still complex surname. At the moment my two favourite names are Joshua for a boy and Hailey for a girl (even though that kind of breaks my rule of a name tht has multiple spellings!).

My boyfriend has this weird idea that if we were to have a boy he'd have to have a first name with 3 syllables (same number as his surname) or that is at least as long in spelling as his surname. He thinks it looks more "professional". Unfortunately he hates the name Joshua! As for girls names, he's all for odd names like Juni, Lyna (pronounced Leena) or basically "different" anything with y's and i's.

I used to know a family who had two girls named Clover and Daisy. Clover used to get teased a lot because of her name - and to be honest, her name didn't really suit her at all. My dad said back in the 70's he knew a family whose surname was Engine and all the kids were named Petrol, Gasoline, Diesel, Electric, Generator etc.
By amarathPremium member Comments: 5926, member since Sat Apr 19, 2003
On Sun May 06, 2007 12:02 PM
I'll throw out the names I like too, I guess.

Girls-
Tamar (Biblical)
Yulia (Family name)
Helen (Family name)
Nadezhda (However, I don't think I could win on this one)
Oksana (Don't think I'd win with this one, either)
Marijke

Boys-
Charles (Family name)
August (Family name)
Frederick (Family name)
Peter (Family name)
Ivan (Family)

I also really like the name Nicholas, but that's my brother's name, and I don't think I'd name a kid after my brother. I love him, but no. :)
On Tue May 29, 2007 06:58 AM
^^ I love Nadezhda. Perhaps you could use Nadia as a nickname?
By Lunadelvanalinemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 279, member since Mon May 24, 2004
On Mon Jun 04, 2007 03:40 PM
aaah so much fun picking out names- told my boyfriend i will choose the names and he will do the rest...he likes awful names haha- but luckily likes the ones I pick too so...
Boys: Noah, Elijah, Michael, Aiden...
Girls: Ruby, Aisha, Sina, Georgia, Adeline.
I really like Adeline but my name is Caroline so I think that would be a bit weird...hmmm
xxxxx
By DreamDance14member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 116, member since Wed Feb 07, 2007
On Mon Jun 25, 2007 02:48 PM
Boy Name:

Michael Andrew

Girls names that I like:

Mariella Christi
Michelle Rainer
Jeanne Alyce Tara
Isabelle Skyler

Family Names:
Violetta Lydia
Avanelle Levi
Lavina Savannah Mary
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Mon Jun 25, 2007 07:52 PM
As for giving all the kids names that start with the first letter, my mom did that. But I think it sort of just happened accidentally - because all three of my younger sisters were born with my mom and dad thinking they would have one name, and then they got another. My brother and I have the same mom and dad, and our names are Tom and Theresa. Then my three sisters all have same mom and same dad, and their names are Elizabeth (she goes by Liz), Lindsey and LeAnn. But Lindsey and LeAnn are twins, so I suppose that doesn't count.

t
Page:
Page 5 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

ReplySendWatch