Forum: Adults / Baby On Board

Page:
Page 6 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
re: Baby names! Choosing the right name
By NeNe8 Comments: 28, member since Tue Jun 05, 2007
On Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:59 AM
I liked that comment about the initials thing because my friends name is Daniel Ignasious Carlile-King, and those just dont work embroidered
By madmel30member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1536, member since Tue Jan 03, 2006
On Fri Jun 29, 2007 03:05 AM
Edited by madmel30 (148707) on 2007-06-29 03:06:50
well im on my fourth baby
i already have three girls Tyler,Sophie and Brittony

if i have another girl she will be called Grace
if its by some miracle a boy he will be called Blake

xx
By Issadora Comments: 197, member since Wed Apr 11, 2007
On Sat Jun 30, 2007 09:58 PM
i think my parents did pretty well, my two favourite names are mine and my sister's

for a girl i like:
Lottie (my sister's name)
Isadora (my name)
Amelie
Adeline
Juliet
Lucy

for a boy i like:
Finn
Ruben
Charlie
Felix
Oliver
Oscar
By dancerchloe11 Comments: 1063, member since Mon Jul 16, 2007
On Thu Aug 02, 2007 03:12 PM
hi i love the names chloe and jade thats what i called my to girls i really liked the name bethany till i found out what it meant poor house i just came up with sean for my son angie xxx
By SeniorLadyPremium member Comments: 8103, member since Sun Aug 24, 2003
On Thu Aug 16, 2007 08:13 AM
I did not realise Annagh is a county in Ireland, so that spelling may not be as bad as I'd thought.

Some of my favourite names:

Anna, Audrey, Emilie, Olivia, Sophie, Tessa

Francis, Hunter, Michael, Miles
By SiyoNqobamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7113, member since Fri Aug 02, 2002
On Tue Sep 04, 2007 03:59 AM
Edited by SiyoNqoba (34789) on 2007-09-04 04:03:34
Now that I'm in a serious relationship, I laugh at my younger self, and other teenage girls. We have all these names planned without considering a very important component - the father.

One of my favourite names is D'mitri. But my boyfriend's family puts forward very strong genes of blonde hair and big ears. Can you imagine a little blonde, big-eared boy suiting a name like D'mitri? Niether can I.

I'd wanted to name my daughter Tommie, after my best (guy) friend. But my boyfriend's last name starts with a T, and when it's said outloud is just unbearably cutsie, much like "Tommy O'Toole".

I am in love with Biblical boys names, particulary Elijah and Malachi, but my boyfriend can't stand them because they're just too Biblical.

So I asked what names he likes. He said simple names like Max and Jack. Here I am, in love with this crazy names like D'mitri, Xander and Caillou, and he likes Jack?! He said he likes trendy names, but those are just too trendy (hey, if he gets "too Biblical" as an excuse, then I get "too trendy). Oh, and he likes girl names that can be shortened to boy names, like Christine shortened to Chris (I said "What about Tommie, shortened to Tom?" hehe).

My favourite girls name is Soleil, and I still get that one because it's "growing on him" (and, along with Jairus, isn't debateable). He does like Jasmine and Ayla, both girl names that I really like. But we haven't found any boy names we agree on yet (for the record, I'm going to have a nephew called Max soon, and my little sister's name is Christie - too close to Christine - so they're both cut).

Basically, we're going to have to compromise. I'm not allowed names which are too out-there, and he's not allowed names which are too common.
By maiaelizabeth Comments: 23, member since Wed Oct 03, 2007
On Thu Oct 04, 2007 04:24 AM
It is a nightmare, you think of a hundred names you like but wouldnt actually call your own child. I wanted something different but not awful if you know what I mean! I have a 7 year old called Maia Elizabeth and a 1 year old called Kendal Isabelle (should have called her dennis the menace though) baby name sites just confused me and I found the most ridiculous names ever.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Thu Oct 04, 2007 08:03 PM
^I think that I, in some part, influenced the baby name registry!

www.babynames.com . . .

I do not remember seeing the name Locke on the baby registry before my son was born. It's one of his middle names. Do they scan birth certificates, and put those names in the baby name registry?

It's got a four star rating...but seriously, would you give your kid the name Locke? As a first name? I know I wouldn't!
By Coccinellamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5930, member since Sat Jan 25, 2003
On Thu Oct 25, 2007 02:03 PM
I'm only 19, and not having kids as of now, but one thing that is cool that was not planned in my family is that my Grandma, my mom, and I all have 3 letter middle names.

Donna Mae
Colleen Lea
Kelsey Rae

I'd like to carry that on...but instead of making a new one which would be getting a little ridiculous, I think I'll use my Grandma's, Mae. She dies when I 9 so it would mean a lot to me.

Kelsey.
By Kekoamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 8949, member since Sat Jul 19, 2003
On Thu Oct 25, 2007 03:54 PM
^I love the idea of naming babies after a family member. My dad was in Korea when my mom was pregnant, and for the first 8 or so months of my life, so my mom and I lived with my grandparents, her mom and dad. My grandma's name is Dian, which is unheard of since there's no "e" on the end. My middle name is Dian, and my grandma and I are really close, she's literally my second mother, and we have SUCH similar personalities, and matching dimples. I'm sure we'd be as close without my middle name being Dian, but it's so neat that we have that bond.

So, my first girl is Isabelle Dian. My grandpa's mom's name was Isabelle, and they were incredibly close, because he was the first boy after 7 girls. He was a huge mommy's boy until she died when he was about 40. She was such an incredible woman, my grandma was closer to her than most women are to their mother-in-laws, and she absolutely adored all her grandchildren. I'm really close to my grandpa, so I'm naming my daughter Isabelle pretty much for him, because I couldn't give him a better gift.

And my first boy WILL be Jackson Norman, possibly Jackson Leeroy. That's after both my grandpas. I know it's not the greatest combination, but Jackson is my dad's dad's middle name (first is Maurice, so no way, lol) and my other grandpa is Norman Leeroy. I might throw a Richard or an Alan in there for my dad, who knows.

Anyhow, that was long. I know most people change their minds and say that the baby daddy should have an input, but I will not budge on those names! The only way I'd even consider it is if baby daddy was like Christopher Brown the fifth or something, and wanted the baby to be the next in line. I'd feel bad otherwise, lol. I figure if baby daddy lets me name the first two, I'll let him name the rest.
By DTeacher Comments: 3477, member since Fri Sep 21, 2007
On Thu Oct 25, 2007 06:30 PM
My daughter is Jenna-Kate Doris. I liked the named Jenna Kate as in first and middle. My sister said "Why don't you combine them like Mary-Kate?" Thought it sounded different and cute so I went for it. Doris is my husbands grammy who raised him. I think I'm done having kids, but if a boy was to come around I love the name Trent.

-I also noticed someone liked the name Caillou- like the cartoon? That's why I posted it's my daughter's fav show. LOL
By Kekoamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 8949, member since Sat Jul 19, 2003
On Thu Oct 25, 2007 06:51 PM
Haha, I'd think it would be bad luck to name your kid Caillou. I can see how little kids like the show, but seriously...that kid is annoying! Hopefully by the time I have kids, Caillou will be off the air.
By eloisefigmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1020, member since Sat Feb 14, 2004
On Tue Nov 27, 2007 08:58 PM
I love the name Ridley Wheeler for a boy(theyre both family names, but my husband thinks that no boy's name can end in lie or ley that they sound girly)

Louisiana always has fascinating names:
Sha'Money, Kenodie(pronounced Kennedy), and dont get me started ont he doubel names that dont go together: Claire Beth, Leslie Elizabeth. Sue ellen, mary ellen, Mary lou, fine, I can deal with those.
va-gin-ya(spelled like a body part poor child), or twins shi-thed and a-shole, or sa-phyllis you can figure how theyre all spelled.

MY mom knew a guy named Sterling Silver, and I have a friend named Cinnamon Graham(shes an attorney) - no lie. They were gonna make her middle name honey, but decided that would be too mean.

My mom wants me to name a kid Robin, so he would be Robin Hood. NO thanks
By dancestarlet87 Comments: 128, member since Wed Jan 17, 2007
On Sun Dec 02, 2007 07:08 PM
Jasmine
Amelie
Indiana
Isabella
Anastacia (Cia for short)
Hayley
Caitlin

Xavier
Matthew
Noah
Christian
Anakin (only coz I really loved the character in Star Wars...not sure I would actually name my child that!)
Heathcliff (again, not sure I would name my child this, but I love him in Wuthering Heights!)

These are the names I really like. What do you think? xxx
By Arakmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 18126, member since Sun Aug 13, 2000
On Thu Jan 31, 2008 09:40 AM
Theresa, I know a little boy named Locke. Well, he's probably not so little anymore; I'd say he's about 16 now. But he was a little fellow when I knew him. It was a family name, I believe.

When my MIL was a nurse in an ear/nose/throat clinic, she met a patient named... are you ready for this? Chlamydia. She pronounced it "Cla-ma-DEE-a", but it was sure spelled like the disease. Poor thing. It was only a matter of time, I guess.

I also had a great-great aunt named Clorine. No H, but pronounced exactly like chlorine, as in chlorine bleach. They were coalmining mountain folk, so it could very well be that they just heard the word and thought it was a pretty girl's name. Her sisters got off a little easier. They were Lois (my great-grandma) and Inez. And they had an uncle named Millard Filmore McCown. I guess his parents admired the president. On the other side of the family, I have a great-great grandfather named Thomas Jefferson Forrest. So I guess his parents were presidential admirers, too, because those names occur nowhere else in the family (I've checked).
By DTeacher Comments: 3477, member since Fri Sep 21, 2007
On Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:34 PM
I'm on baby #2.

If it's a girl it'll be Zoe Margaret (Margaret after my grandmother)

A boy- Dalton Robert (after both my grandfathers (both passed away)).
By Mandance Comments: 2794, member since Tue Sep 20, 2005
On Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:19 AM
I like those DTeacher, very cute!
By SiyoNqobamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7113, member since Fri Aug 02, 2002
On Wed Feb 13, 2008 05:09 AM
-I also noticed someone liked the name Caillou- like the cartoon? That's why I posted it's my daughter's fav show. LOL

I think that was me. I actually liked the name before I'd heard of the cartoon. So not really like the cartoon, haha.

and say that the baby daddy should have an input, but I will not budge on those names!

I also have names like that.

For a girl, Soleil Esther. Soleil is French for "sun," and Esther is particularly referring to the Esther of the Bible, but also my boyfriend's sister (I'll love her even if we break up, she has a very graceful strength).

For a boy, Jairus. I dont care what his middle name is, but the name Jairus attatched itself to me one day, and it hasn't left. I get the feeling this particular boy is destined for big things, haha.
By chicatubachickmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 157, member since Fri Jan 11, 2008
On Fri Feb 22, 2008 09:14 PM
Girls:
Aelis
Cassandra (Cassie for short)
Bridget
Christie
Kiara

Boys:
Luke (first choice for sure. Named for a combination of Luke Skywalker and Luke Danes)
Christian (Chris)
Jess
Finn
Brian

I know for a fact there's more that I like, I just can't seem to think of all of them right now. If I have a son, his name is definitely going to be Luke. (why yes, I am a Star Wars nerd...)
By PoInTeDaNcEr516 Comments: 8, member since Mon Jan 21, 2008
On Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:47 PM
Hey everyone!!

It was quite easy for me to pick my baby name. I fell in love with it immeditely.

I chose:

Delilah Elle Hershman :O)

Good luck everyone with choosing the perfect baby name :O)
By RedheadGredmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3922, member since Sat Sep 28, 2002
On Mon Mar 24, 2008 06:21 AM
For some reason my boyfriend and I have been talking about baby names a lot lately. We are not having kids for a few more years but it is fun to plan.

So my boyfriend rejected a couple of the names I like.

Sakura Ame - A name I came up with but we both really like the name.

I don't want to have any boys but if we do then there are two names that we both like.
Kei
Yuki

He turned down the name Drusilla Linn. I think all of our future kids will just have Japanese names. We are planning on changing our last name when we get married. Neither one of us likes our surnames. He wants our last name to we Watanabe. I would be fine with that. It would also fit the first and middle names well.

I really wants kids and it is so hard seeing so many people with kids. I am not ready to get married and have kids yet.
By Keeliehiphopper Comments: 56, member since Fri Nov 30, 2007
On Wed Apr 09, 2008 04:37 PM
I think the best names are the names which arent to common and which also have a nice meaning behind them. I love the name lilliah jade xx
By Vena Comments: 608, member since Tue Dec 11, 2007
On Thu Apr 10, 2008 06:51 AM
Hello everyone. My name is Vena (pronounced veena). It's a name that I have never come across in my 31 years, but I like it. I was named after my aunt, but we don't know where my nana got it from (she passed away so can't ask). I have tried to find it on the internet, but have only found Veena, which is Indian, my maternal family are Irish.

I have 2 daughters. For my first I wanted to give her an uncommon name, but not as uncommon as mine. I saw the name Sian and loved it. I thought it was pronounced Syan, but found out it was actually Shaan. Its Welsh for Jane. No Welsh in my family but we gave her the name anyway as we liked it.

For my second I wanted to go completely traditional (English). So we called her Abbygail. Not spelt traditionally (Abigail), as I like to be a little different. lol.

The worst name I have ever heard is from Jason Lee (My Name is Earl), he called his son Pilot Inspector. What?

Vena
x x x
By PinUpGirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 25878, member since Tue Jul 16, 2002
On Thu Apr 17, 2008 06:31 PM
I responded to this thread 2 years ago and realized I never listed my favorite names.

Samantha Grace (My first daughter will be named this. Period.)
Evelyn Irene (Irene after a dear friend)
Madeline Nicole

No names for boys and I don't really intend on having any. :P
By newdancingmom Comments: 176, member since Sun Apr 23, 2006
On Sun Apr 20, 2008 01:01 PM
I have 3 girls and I can tell you naming them was challenging. You want your kids to have unique names but not too hard to spell, and not too common. We ended up going the family name route.

#1 is Amy Catherine. Amy after my grandmother and 2 great grandmothers, and Catherine just because I liked it. She's the only Amy so far in her class.

#2 is Megan Erin. It was going to be Maggie Allison until my husband brought in a baby name book into the hospital. I guess he didn't like the name. Megan was close to Maggie, and a form of Margaret, my mother and another grandmother. Erin is my sister-in-law who lives overseas so we rairly get to see her. The most common name of the three as I meet many Megans with different spellings.

#3 is Kimberly Anne. We liked the name Kimberly, it wasn't too common although a cousin has just married a girl named Kim. Anne is my middle name. If Kimmie was a boy I like the name Thomas Lee (after my grandfather and a family friend), even if it could be shortened to Tommy Lee.

My very favorite unusual name is Abcde - pronounced Ab-sid-ee, although I would never name any of my kids that.
Page:
Page 6 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

ReplySendWatch