Forum: Adults / Baby On Board

Page:
Page 9 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
re: Baby names! Choosing the right name
By SiyoNqobamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7113, member since Fri Aug 02, 2002
On Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:01 PM
Okay, another update on my favourite names. Now that I'm (a tiny bit) closer to having children, I do wonder if any of my children will actually end up with these names.

My fiance and I ACTUALLY AGREE on three names. So, we can only have three kids, haha.

Lachlan John
Isla Roybn
Madelyn (unsure of the middle name)

I'd also like to have a boy with the middle name John, so maybe we'll have to have another baby. Oh goodness, deciding on another boy's name? Is it worth it? Lol.
By UberGoobermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6414, member since Sat May 15, 2004
On Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:23 AM
^I think Grace goes super cute with Madelyn. And it would fit, with you and your hubby's careers...
By SiyoNqobamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7113, member since Fri Aug 02, 2002
On Tue Aug 31, 2010 01:08 AM
Edited by SiyoNqoba (34789) on 2010-08-31 01:10:01
That's actually really nice. My fiance has a cousin named Grace, she has Downs Syndrome and is incredibly beautiful. It could work. Thanks heaps :)

Oh, and I meant James the second time (and actually just typed John again, lol). And Robyn, not Roybn - though I'm sure Roybn is a fantastic name for some people ;)
By Kekoamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 8949, member since Sat Jul 19, 2003
On Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:52 AM
Theresa, you posted about Locke like 4 years ago (yeah, I was bored and read through this whole thread, haha) and I'd be willing to bet that Locke became popular as a first name because of Locke on the TV show Lost.

I also find it amusing to see my names I've posted here over the years. I had two really distinct dreams in which I saw my children and they were named, so who knows? In my dream, the girl was Elena Dian and the boy was Sawyer Kristofer. I also love the name Katherine Michelle. I liked the name Alexei for a boy, but my cousin apparently has loved it since the beginning of time so that's that.
By dancestarlet87 Comments: 128, member since Wed Jan 17, 2007
On Fri Jan 14, 2011 01:02 AM
dancestarlet87 wrote:

Jasmine
Amelie
Indiana
Isabella
Anastacia (Cia for short)
Hayley
Caitlin

Xavier
Matthew
Noah
Christian
Anakin (only coz I really loved the character in Star Wars...not sure I would actually name my child that!)
Heathcliff (again, not sure I would name my child this, but I love him in Wuthering Heights!)

These are the names I really like. What do you think? xxx

I posted this 4 years ago!! Funny how tastes change. Out of my girls list I still like those names, but not Hayley and Caitlin anymore. The boys list I still like those names.

My new fave combos are:

Annabelle Lila
Annabelle Lily
Chloe Annabelle
Chloe Madeleine

And I also really like the name Sophia.

Add the boys names Nathaniel, William and Jude.

I'll be back in another 4 years hehe
By pointequeen1 Comments: 81, member since Thu Jan 03, 2008
On Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:09 PM
I'm only 16 but I love

Allegra Taylor

and

Matthew Winthrop

different but not crazy. I knew someone named Winthrop Matthew and loved it but I thought it sounded better switched around.
By lisaauras Comments: 62, member since Sat Jun 25, 2011
On Wed Jul 20, 2011 04:20 AM
i have 4 kids and their names area all very different i have Rhys James auras who is 8, Kassidy grace auras she is 5, corey michael auras who's 2 and a half an Quinn robertsaon auras who is 18 months . i love all their names.
By Kekoamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 8949, member since Sat Jul 19, 2003
On Sat Oct 29, 2011 05:19 PM
It cracks me up to re-read all the utterly horrific names I liked. Geez.

The only name I've liked long-term for a girl is Katherine Dian, and I don't see that changing. My mom's name starts with a "Ka", mine starts with a "Ka", so I should keep with the tradition. Plus, my grandma's (Dian, the one I'm insanely close to) mom, who I was very close to until she died in 2008, was named Katherine. I like family names. I also like shying away from names that are too out there. I hate the nickname Katie though, she'll have to be a Kat or a Kate. My hubby will have to deal with the fact I've named our daughter :P

For boys, I honestly don't really care, as long as it's not too boring or trendy. I like the name Damon a lot. I also love the name Sampson, but my last name ends with -son so that sounds too cutesy. My hubby can take the reigns on boy name, but I get harsh veto power. Only thing I do know; no junior/third/fourth/etc, no obviously biblical names.
By Dancing_Forevermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3147, member since Sun Nov 24, 2002
On Fri Jun 22, 2012 06:32 PM
I'm going to be 24 in August and I have been having some serious baby fever lately! So when I was bored at work today I started thinking up some names I like, and looking up meanings etc.

I checked out the "Behind the Names" site and it says the name Cameron means "crooked nose!" Who would name their kid a name meaning that?

Anyways, I have 5 names I like for each gender.

For a girl:
*Abigail (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE)
*Whitney
*Michaela
*Zoe
*Aubrey

For a boy:
*Aaron
*Adam
*Nicholas
*Ian
*Jordan

No idea about middle names yet, those will probably come from the family.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:39 PM
Kekoa wrote:

Theresa, you posted about Locke like 4 years ago (yeah, I was bored and read through this whole thread, haha) and I'd be willing to bet that Locke became popular as a first name because of Locke on the TV show Lost.

I just did that Name Voyager thing with the name Locke. It hasn't ranked in the top THOUSAND for names for kids of either gender, at any point in the last 100 years. So I really might have come up with a creative name!
On Sat Jun 08, 2013 05:49 PM
Before I delete the document that has the names we liked for Madelyn, I thought it would be fun to share them here.

Girls:
Indy Maria (Indie? Indi? Indianna?)
Poppy Love
Viola
Violet
Eva
Ayla
Isla
Jamie

Boys:
Lachlan John
Coby (Jacob)
Jack
Jared
Jairus

Names that weren't coming to the hospital with us, but we (or, in most cases, just I) still liked:

Girls:
Scout
Ivy
Mietta
Norah
Soleil
Tommie
Clara
Adele
Amelia
Emmeline
Quinn
Harper
Autumn
Maria
Cora
Neve/Nieve/Niamh

Boys:
August
Ciaran/Kieran
Cohen
Cormac
Jude
Joel
Angus
Lorcan/Lorccan
Elijah
Kael
Zachary
Archer
James

Funnily enough, apart from her middle name (Maria), we didn't even come close to using any of the names on that list. None of them suited her. The name we decided on was one that we'd liked a few years ago, but didn't like while I was pregnant with her.

Thinking of names is fun. Naming an actual human being is hard. For instance, we both love the name Viola, but when trying it on her, we found it just wasn't wearable. Same with most of the girls names that were cut from the short list. And sharing the decision with someone else makes it even harder. I thought I'd found the perfect name for her, it was the only one that fit (it was Matilda, or Tilly), and my husband didn't like it, so we were back to the drawing board. It's much easier to name hypothetical children then it is actual children.
By CaffeinePremium member Comments: 3194, member since Wed Aug 08, 2007
On Sat Jun 08, 2013 06:29 PM
When I had M, I had a girl's name all ready (Eleanor Rose in honour of my grandma, who passed away about the time M was conceived, and my great-grandma), but nothing for a boy. I'd tossed around a few names I liked:
Sebastian
Samuel
Hamish
Eoin
Marcus
Matthew

but the final decision was up to N. The only criteria I had were (a) to not re-use a family name and (b [decided after he was born]) his name had to start with an M.

Looking back through this thread, I laugh to see I'd considered Merlin. It may be an old family name, but it's a sure-fire way to be picked on!
By cut12bum Comments: 24, member since Wed Mar 11, 2015
On Tue Mar 24, 2015 02:36 PM
We like old names with their traditional spelling that aren't really used anymore. They just seem stately.
Page:
Page 9 of 91 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

ReplySendWatch