Forum: Teams / Dance Teams

Need some info please!! on jumps.. :) Help would be greatly appreciated!!
By Dancecutie38
On Fri Mar 03, 2006 07:14 PM
Edited by Dancecutie38 (82233) on 2006-03-03 19:18:56

Hello! My name is Erin.. I just have some questions on jumps.. if you wouldn't mind helping me!!

*First of all.. (hopefully the icon plays.. if it doesn't then go to teh user ILLUSIONSDncteam.. and look at her icon... because hers plays lol) What kind of jump is that called? At my studio we call it an attitude leap.. and I somewhat have trouble with them.. is it basically just arching back like in a calypso? If someone could PLEASE get back to me asap on how to exactly do those and what exercieses could help me..THANKS!!

*I also want to know what is an easy was to learn an illusion/ needle.. I wnat to learn how to do one!! lol What can I do??

* Lastly, does anyone know what a pencil turn is? If that's confusing I can explain it to you!!

So if someone could PLEASE get back to me asap that'd be great!!

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :)

1 Replies to Need some info please!! on jumps.. :) Help would be greatly appreciated!!

re: Need some info please!! on jumps.. :) Help would be greatly appreciated!!
By Jennifer71
On Sat Mar 04, 2006 01:15 AM
For a needle, also known as needle scale, you will need to work on your splits. Some degree of oversplits would be helpful.

For the illusion, you will also need hip flexibility and good strength in your stomach and back muscles.

ReplySendWatch Draw