Forum: Disco / Cozzies For Sale / Champs & Intermediate

Page:
Page 1 of 51 2 3 4 5

Cozzies For Sale - Champs & Intermediate
My Tips For Selling/Buying Costumes though DDN!! (karma: 16)
By madmandymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10430, member since Sun Nov 02, 2003
On Sat Mar 04, 2006 08:54 AM
Moved to Disco by imadanseur (79325) on 2006-03-05 22:09:00 Moved to a forum where more people will see it.
Moved to Cozzies For Sale - Intermediate by Theresa (28613) on 2006-03-09 19:35:35 moved again...
Made sticky by Theresa (28613) on 2006-03-09 19:35:57 ...to make it a sticky

Hiya

After reading the Horror story's about suits going missing
i though id put up a post about ways to go about
Buying/Selling Suits though DDN

Selling Tips

(1)Don't put O.N.O if you don't want to sell for less!!
(2)Get as much info as you can Dance School/Teachers Name
Home Address/Tell numbers! Home/School/Teachers number/
even Mobile numbers if your still unsure as for names of
people they know on dance net who can vouch for them!!
I'm sure they wont mind you P.M the names they give if they have nothing to hide!!
(3)Always sent by special Delivery yes it cost's a bit more
but your Suit will be delivered the next day(Or your Money Back)and you can trace the number so you know its been delivered and if the suit is genuinely lost you can clam
up to £500 from Royal Mail!
(4)If you want you can always ask for a deposit on the suit
that can be given back wene suit is returned

Buying Tips

(1)Don't send for a suit if you don't have the money to pay
(2)if the price says's O.N.O agree on a price before the seller sends the suit if it don't say O.N.O then don't ask after the suit has been sent!!
(3)As Soon as the suit arrives P.M/Text/Ring the owner to let them know you have received it(nothing worse than a seller wondering if its got lost in the post they cost
lots of hard earned money)
(4)Under these Tips a suit can be sent out and payed for/sent back in less than a week i know i do it all the time
(5)Keep in touch at all times by what ever means possible
Text/Phone/P.M let the seller know whats happening
Maybe the suit's to big but you know someone else who would like to try it but you wont see them till tomorrow tell the seller iv done this and sold the suit to someone at my daughters dance school believe me most sellers don't mind someone else trying the suit it saves postage and they have sold the suit(Please remember if you do this to keep the suit till money is payed i always get the money and send it off to the seller)
(6)If you don't want the suit send it back ASAP and let the seller know the day you have posted it and by what method best way as iv said before Special Delivery

Hope some of my tips are of help to some of you
maybe you would like to add some of your own!!

Anyways Happy Selling/Buying on DDN

Luv Mandy xxx

102 Replies to My Tips For Selling/Buying Costumes though DDN!!

re: My Tips For Selling/Buying Costumes though DDN!!
By loobersmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1429, member since Tue Sep 16, 2003
On Sat Mar 04, 2006 09:03 AM
Thanks Mandy, Someone needed to say it! :)

Thats what i pretty much did when we sent my suit out, we made SURE we had details, of dance teacher and telephone number and sent it special delivery!

Laura x
By dancemania13member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 702, member since Mon Jan 17, 2005
On Sat Mar 04, 2006 09:35 AM
Hiya Mandy,
Great post, I have had a few expereinces were i have waited nearly 2 weeks just to find out if the suit has arrived, after numerous pm's and no reply i have rang the person myself.
It seems people are very chatty via pm when they want the suit sending to them then once they have the suit all means of comunication go out the window.lol. I hope people read this post and take the advice because it makes things so much easier and gives the seller piece of mind, i think its only polite to keep in contact as these suits are very expensive.
Love Rach n april.xx.
By madmandymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10430, member since Sun Nov 02, 2003
On Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:51 PM
Hiya

I hope this post will be of use to Buyers/Sellers
DDN is a Great way to sell/buy suits id realy hate
it to stop but with all the post's going up about
suits not being payed for or them not being returned
for weeks and weeks its realy gonna stop people sending
out and it would be a real shame!!

Luv Mandy xx
Great Post Mandy!
By dancingmadmum Comments: 524, member since Sat Sep 25, 2004
On Sun Mar 05, 2006 01:09 AM
Hi Mandy what a great post. I have tried to rate it but you can't on here! :(
WENDY
By clojo1 Comments: 2500, member since Tue Feb 07, 2006
On Wed Mar 08, 2006 02:09 AM
Hiya, great post just started selling costumes on DDN up to now had no bad experiences.
By Boogiebabemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11640, member since Thu Apr 17, 2003
On Wed Mar 08, 2006 03:58 AM
Hiya Mandy

Brill post chick - up till now iv had
no problems selling Rhiannes cozzies
with prompt returns or cheques.

Im sure others will benefit from you
post!!

Hi to the girls and hope to see you all
at brean - missed you's at dk

Luv Lesley & Rhianne
xxx
xx
xx
re: My Tips For Selling/Buying Costumes though DDN!! (karma: 1)
By spins5 Comments: 429, member since Sat Nov 29, 2003
On Wed Mar 08, 2006 05:16 AM
Good post only thing i think is you cant always agree a price incase your not takin the suit if it doesn fit or you dont like it when it arrives so i woudnt agree a pricwe till i saw a suit but good advice all round rated it for youx
re: My Tips For Selling/Buying Costumes though DDN!! (karma: 2)
By Charissesmummember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7797, member since Wed Feb 18, 2004
On Wed Mar 08, 2006 05:25 AM
Hiya

Brilliant Post Mandy !This should be a sticky !
I agree 100% Ive never had any problems
selling costumes on dance net and hope it stays
that way.
I would never ask for a cossie and keep the person
waiting if the money wasnt in the bank its just not
fair on the other person waiting for the cash to go
towards a new cossie!
(:D I thoroughly reccomend Mandy to anyone shes brill
sends cash/cheque if buying cossie straightaway and if it
dont fit she takes it to her school to see if its suitable for
anyone else or sends it on to the next viewer for me and keeps me updated with PMs and texts all the time. Thanks Mandy :D

Love Jen xxx
By jesbemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1405, member since Fri Feb 25, 2005
On Wed Mar 08, 2006 05:47 AM
Hi Mandy
Great post, I have never had any problems buying or selling on ddn,
Feel very sorry for the people who have!!
I have allways ask for as much details as possible like you have said and everythings been ok!
I wou;ld also recommend you, you bought from me years ago and I totally trusted you,
hope everyone reads this and puts to use your good advice!
Donna
By Astramember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5613, member since Fri Jan 21, 2005
On Wed Mar 08, 2006 06:11 AM
Hi Mandy,
this is a great post and full of fabulous clear tips for buying and selling outfits. Should definately be made a sticky so everyone can refer to it in the future.
Sammy
xxxx
By groovygranmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 12545, member since Mon Jan 19, 2004
On Wed Mar 08, 2006 07:12 AM
Great informative post mandy

We have never had any problems selling on here all you have to do see follow as mandy says and everything is ok

Mama DD's xxx
By WEEDOLLYmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3827, member since Tue Nov 26, 2002
On Wed Mar 08, 2006 07:37 AM
Hiya Mandy!

Well done on your fabby post chick! :D

To be honest I have never had any problems selling suits on here, and I have sold numerous its seems to be my new job now in the school ;)

As everyone else has mentioned please get all the correct details and contact numbers to keep in touch with the potential buyers and also get their dance teachers name and contact number in the off chance that anything should go wrong.

Good luck!

Wendyxxx
By paigiemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3356, member since Tue Jul 26, 2005
On Wed Mar 08, 2006 09:50 AM
hi,
great post i would give you a karma but i dnt know how to do it lmao:s

lotsa luv paige xx
By Ferrari_Girlsmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4574, member since Wed May 18, 2005
On Wed Mar 08, 2006 02:24 PM
Hi Mandy

This is a great post, why don't you try and get it to be a sticky on all of the cozzies for sale boards?

Have some karma!

Love Debbie xx
By Olivia_Hmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 178, member since Sat Aug 27, 2005
On Thu Mar 09, 2006 09:58 AM
Edited by Olivia_H (139707) on 2006-03-09 09:59:58
Thanks they are really helpfull tips..
Things that is important to no...!
XxOliviaxX
By Jessica_Faleymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 576, member since Wed Apr 07, 2004
On Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:51 AM
hello

i think this sould be a sticky so everyone
can look at the tips
im sure it will be good for new members as
well as old

how do you get it to be a sticky lol
im gona p.m the mods

jessica
By dirty_86member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 995, member since Sun Apr 20, 2003
On Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:47 AM
A really good post!

Lets hope that this post helps, so theres not so many missing suits over the dance.net!

love charlotte
By Miss_FreeSteppinmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2133, member since Sat Nov 13, 2004
On Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:03 PM
Heya, i have rated this post, it really has got amazing advice on it! Its shocking how many peoples costumes get mucked around by accident or on purpose but with this post it should be easier for the buyer and seller!
Lydia
xxxxx
By pink_dancamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1135, member since Sat Aug 13, 2005
On Mon Mar 13, 2006 01:14 PM
Thanks Mandy for this great post you have done.
It has helped me a lot, but I have sent you a PM hope you don't mind. Thanks again. Love from pink dancas mum
buying/selling
By samrioaged9member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 836, member since Sun Sep 21, 2003
On Wed Mar 15, 2006 09:16 AM
well done mandy this is a good post
everyone wonders whats going on
when they send/receive suits
xx marie and samxx

Comment #4870766 deleted
Removed by pharmadancer (87219) on 2006-03-29 04:59:30 star farming - pointless post

By sparklysuperstar Comments: 4, member since Wed Apr 05, 2006
On Fri Apr 07, 2006 07:26 AM
thanks for the help
By sparklysuperstar Comments: 4, member since Wed Apr 05, 2006
On Fri Apr 07, 2006 07:27 AM
thanks for the help it was really useful i really had no clue
re: my tips for selling outfits
By yabbamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 63, member since Sun Mar 14, 2004
On Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:19 PM
Hi I have learnt through my experience in selling a outfit, i sent my daughters outfit out they got the outfit Thursday I got contact Friday to say it fit and she liked it just had to be checked by dance teacher never heard a thing till Sunday night when she said it wasn't right!!! When the outfit returned it was half insde out the bands velcro was not put together and the hat was at the bottom of the box. If people are going to have the outfits they should send them back the way they received them.

Many thanks for doing this advice

Paula

xxxxxxx
Page:
Page 1 of 51 2 3 4 5

ReplySendWatchDraw