Forum: General / Tap / Tap - Competitions

can i do this?
By dANCER101kcgmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Mar 06, 2006 02:21 PM

i really want to compete as an independent soloist seeing how my team isn't competing seeing how schedule conflicts and what not...

can i do this?

Should i do this?

costume choreography and song help is GREATLY appreciated.

i am just turned 14 and i can pretty much do any step .

i love fast music and steps .

costumes are tough seeing how i am overweight .

i was thinking about using Michael Buble "Sway" but its kind of slow..

THANKS

4 Replies to can i do this?

re: can i do this?
By dANCER101kcgmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Mar 16, 2006 02:01 PM
PLEASE RESPOND TO ME!
By TapStar08
On Thu Mar 16, 2006 07:46 PM
i think that it would be a great idea! A really good song would be mambo number 5 by Lou Bega. In my opinion anyway! i love that song and i have always wanted to do a solo to it. For costumes, check at artstone and kellecompany.com. if not there, go to google and look for a costume!
hope this helps!
By Truffle
On Fri Mar 24, 2006 01:52 PM
That's a great idea! A slow song would be ok because you would just do the steps double, or even triple, time.

I would suggest a black costume maybe? I personnaly think that it would look better, as you say that you are slightly overweight.

I would suggest talking to your teacher about helping you choreograph it. If she for some reason doesn't want to or can't, I would suggest choreographing it yourself. Either way, try to work in some hard and fast steps to give your self a challenge.

Good luck, and keep us updated!

"A" :P
By XxclairexX
On Fri Mar 24, 2006 03:12 PM
Sounds like a great idea going solo!! If you want something upbeat then look on jazz cd's and fosse cd's, just music like that and your bound to find a song that you like. And for costumes then you can either look on ebay, or go to a dressmaker near you!! Good luck x

ReplySendWatch