Poll: Adults / Theatre Production

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
What is your favorite Shakespeare play?
By Firebirdmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1970, member since Mon Feb 14, 2005
On Mon Mar 06, 2006 09:58 PM

Just wondering what your favorite Shakespeare production is. My personal favorite is A Midsummer Night's Dream. I love the writing in this, it seems so poetic. I also love the plot, and I have seen this play performed numerous times, and each one is so different, but all have been wonderful. So share your favorite!

40 Replies to What is your favorite Shakespeare play?

re: What is your favorite Shakespeare play?
By KMonstermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3594, member since Mon Aug 04, 2003
On Tue Mar 07, 2006 04:00 AM
MacBeth. It's so timeless, and whoever reads it at any stage in their lives can always relate to the story line.

But where the heck is Hamlet. That's by far my favorite Shakespeare play! It has all the good one liners everyone quotes LOL* To be or not to be, that is the question!

Kayla*-
By tumblebugPremium member Comments: 10100, member since Fri Mar 29, 2002
On Tue Mar 07, 2006 06:10 PM
Romeo and Juliet, but my vote isn't showing?

Its a remarkable story of true love and shows so much passion. You hardly see passion and love like that today.
By Firebirdmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 1970, member since Mon Feb 14, 2005
On Wed Mar 08, 2006 09:00 PM
"Where the heck is Hamlet?"

HAMLET! aah. I knew I forgot something. I was racking my mind for one more Shakespeare play and into my head pops The Two Gentleman of Verona and The Merry Wives of Windsor. Sorry about that! You're right, it has a lot of lines that everyone quotes. But...

"All the world's a stage, and all the men and woman merely players..."

:)
By mandarina Comments: 1278, member since Sun Jul 31, 2005
On Mon Mar 13, 2006 03:00 PM
Romeo and Juliet is my all time favorite :]
By puppies_flyPremium member Comments: 2818, member since Sun Jan 16, 2005
On Fri Apr 14, 2006 07:03 AM
My absolute favourite is the tempest. the characters are wonderful! of this list I like Midsummer, which is also a great ballet.
By Ayamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3884, member since Mon Jun 16, 2003
On Fri May 19, 2006 12:16 PM
Out of that list, Love's Labour or As You Like It. You didn't have my actual favourite: Cymbeline.

What can I say, I'm a Shakespeare geek?
By kerplooey_dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1133, member since Tue Dec 27, 2005
On Tue May 30, 2006 03:30 PM
Twelth Night! its so hilarious! i was a fan waaayy before she's the man... noobs... i own the vhs. so funny.

-kerplooey
By UFGatorettePremium member Comments: 468, member since Fri Jun 06, 2003
On Tue May 30, 2006 10:27 PM
Romeo and Juliet will always be my favorite.
By GrubbleBubblemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3880, member since Mon Nov 07, 2005
On Sun Jun 04, 2006 01:27 PM
Surely Romeo and Juliet. I studied it last year, and since then can't seem to get enough of it. It truly amazes me. I used to know every word by heart and always looked forwar to its lesson, while all my other classmates complained against it. This year I'm studying king lear and its horrible. They talk of nothing except hatred and killing.
By bronnimember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3459, member since Sat Jul 16, 2005
On Sat Jul 08, 2006 09:29 AM
defintaly midsummers night dream :)
i have just finnished doing that play with my high school it was fab. we manged to get hold of a mordern version of it to help people understand the language a bit more lol hehe
from bronwyn
xx
By iliahmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2331, member since Tue May 10, 2005
On Sat Jul 08, 2006 02:19 PM
Now, what happened to Othello?

tsk tsk tsk.

:D

~iliah
By specialballerina Comments: 2303, member since Fri Oct 22, 2004
On Thu Jul 13, 2006 07:07 AM
A Midsummer Night's Dream. Romance, adulty and comedy. Who knew they existed in Shakespeare's time. We read it in class and I always used to read out Helena's bits. I love her lovesick personality.

I used to be obsessed with Romeo and Juliet, but it's so....corny. The language is nice, but if a guy used it on me I would burst out laughing. My best friend is Jules in the school play so I know her lines. Hehe.
What is your favorite Shakespeare play?
By lovelydancer Comments: 1908, member since Fri Jul 20, 2001
On Fri Jul 21, 2006 09:34 AM
I love a Midsummers Night Dream! I just think that Romeo and Juliet has been done WAY to many times! You dont hear about any of Shakespeare's plays anymore which is really sad!

Lovelydancer
By MrsFinnigan Comments: 8044, member since Mon Aug 12, 2002
On Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:07 AM
For some twisted reason, I find Shakespeare's tragedies quite a bit of... fun. And you can probably guess what my favorite is by the following script I wrote for a parody.

www.dance.net . . .
By JanuaryRain Comments: 32, member since Sun Jun 17, 2007
On Sun Jun 17, 2007 08:42 PM
Edited by JanuaryRain (181149) on 2007-06-17 20:43:33
Definitely A Midsummer Night's Dream. I mean Helena is one of my favorite characters ever. Although I had the privelage of seeing a group at Interlochen perform Two Gentlemen of Verona and I have to say it was incredibly well done and probably one of the best stage productions of Shakespeare I've ever seen.

We just finished up Much Ado About Nothing. Really great.
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11321, member since Sun Nov 23, 2003
On Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:42 AM
I have to say Merry Wives of Windsor, only because I saw a version that was transplanted into the American South in the 30's and it worked SO WELL. Absolutely hilarious.

Dani
By sasha1656 Comments: 70, member since Thu Jul 05, 2007
On Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:39 PM
I love the tempest. It is not very popular, but it is as funny, if not funnier than a midsummer nights dream. I think it is the best shakespear play, and it is a great think to read on a rainy day!
By CrayolaPremium member Comments: 1549, member since Sat Feb 26, 2005
On Sat Jul 07, 2007 09:34 AM
My two favorites are King Lear and A Midsummer Night's Dream.

I just finished taking a 3rd year Shakespeare class at university and we studied so many of his plays. I really love them all, but if I had to pick those 2 are my favorites!
By ShakespeareNow Comments: 13, member since Tue Sep 11, 2007
On Mon Sep 24, 2007 05:44 PM
I love all of Shakiebaby's plays! Ehem, look at the name!
These are the Shakespeare parts I have now:
The Taming of the Shrew-Katherina
King Lear-Regan
Macbeth-Lady Macbeth

Yay! MB we've started productions, for KL we're in the middle of blocking, and TOTS just finished callbacks and I got the part like two days ago. I LOVE YOU WILLY SHAKIEBABY!
By majeremember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5889, member since Sat Sep 29, 2007
On Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:42 PM
I quite like Hamlet ^.^
By Chaconnemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6359, member since Thu Jul 12, 2007
On Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:28 PM
Not on your list, but I like Henry V, which I have not seen on the stage but have seen both the Olivier and the Kenneth Branaugh films. There are of course others I like as well. The most Shakepearian fun I had was seeing Hamlet and then "Rosencranz and Guildenstern are Dead" which is a take-off on Hamlet (almost a spoof) within a month of each other.

I had to read all of them in college...2 semester course...ditzy professor. You've got to be tough to get through Pericles, Prince of Tyre; Coriolanus, or the three Henry VI plays.

Jon
By divamom1 Comments: 1064, member since Sat Aug 25, 2007
On Sat Dec 29, 2007 08:22 PM
Performing: Taming of the Shrew (and Kiss Me Kate)
Watching: Midsummers Night Dream
By quiquiballerinamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 294, member since Thu Sep 29, 2005
On Wed Jan 23, 2008 07:43 PM
Richard III
Hamlet
Macb***

I'm surprised I havent commented this thread before!
By magdalenemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 427, member since Fri Apr 27, 2007
On Fri Feb 15, 2008 05:46 PM
None of mine are on here

The Winter's Tale
Much Ado About Nothing
Hamlet
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch