Forum: Ballet / Pointe - Beginners

Page:
Page 6 of 81 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
re: Top Ten Reasons Not to Dance in Your Pointes Before You Start Classes
By BreatheBallet Comments: 86, member since Sun Feb 03, 2008
On Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:00 AM
I'm worried now . . . my pointe shoes rub the knuckles on the front of my toes raw and cut my heels . . . do you think they are too small/ badly fitted ?
Please help :D
By danceislife930 Comments: 36, member since Wed Nov 21, 2007
On Sat Feb 23, 2008 05:44 AM
ahaha this made me laugh :P
I remember I got my first pair of pointes and a few weeks later I got my letter for the nutcracker and turns out I got a pointe part!! and me being a beginner, did not know how to do turns so I had to teach myself how to do them without getting hurt...so I taught myself the wrong way to to them and it took me awhile to get out of that habit...so my advice, dont do anything stupid and if you are in a situation like I was in talk to your pointe teacher and ask if she can give you some private lessons before the actual season starts...

best of luck!!!
By RedPointeShoes21 Comments: 6, member since Thu Dec 06, 2007
On Mon Feb 25, 2008 05:19 PM
5,7,8 Those seem to just stand out to me especially 5 because it is true you can teach yourself wrong because you are just wearing them for fun when you don't know what you're doing
By dance56SEHvun8member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 754, member since Mon Apr 07, 2008
On Mon Apr 07, 2008 02:02 PM
THANK YOU!!
especially for number eight. i dont want to be a cheater! i'm hopefully starting pointe this summer and im soo tempted to try my friends shoes, but now i wont!
By firecat Comments: 25, member since Mon Apr 07, 2008
On Mon Apr 07, 2008 06:47 PM
good pointers but I put my guilty hands up, I just couldn't resist!!
By dancingartistic Comments: 34, member since Sun Apr 06, 2008
On Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:01 PM
haha puns. pointe ahha
By dancingartistic Comments: 34, member since Sun Apr 06, 2008
On Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:09 PM
Good advice. im not en pointe yet but when I am, I'll try to contain myself from slipping my pointe shoes on. Thanks again for the info.
By punkgirl59 Comments: 4805, member since Wed Feb 13, 2002
On Sat Apr 12, 2008 04:42 AM
All very true. It amazes me how many people just buy pointe shoes with little or no ballet training. Surf YouTube, and you'll see what I mean. Good post.

~*~Punkgirl~*~

Long live punk rocK

Comment #7104433 deleted
Removed by TheMidlakeMuse (78507) on 2008-05-05 11:28:18 Please Don't Type Like This. It's very hard to read.
Removed by TheMidlakeMuse (78507) on 2008-05-05 11:28:25 Please Don't Type Like This. It's very hard to read.

By Dance_Lover6 Comments: 56, member since Wed Apr 23, 2008
On Fri Apr 25, 2008 08:07 PM
I am in a ballet class but my studio didn't have a pointe class. well last summer I really wanted some jsut for fun because I have always wanted to do pointe. so I got the shoes.

well now next year my studio is getting a pointe class and I will say that I have danced in them before even though I don't even know how to tie them or use them correctly. I know I could get hurt but I was so excited.

now i'm worried that my pointe shoes aren't correct or the right size when i really have my class in a few months. what if i have to buy new ones. what do you think of that?
By Dance_Lover6 Comments: 56, member since Wed Apr 23, 2008
On Fri Apr 25, 2008 08:08 PM
I am in a ballet class but my studio didn't have a pointe class. well last summer I really wanted some jsut for fun because I have always wanted to do pointe. so I got the shoes.

well now next year my studio is getting a pointe class and I will say that I have danced in them before even though I don't even know how to tie them or use them correctly. I know I could get hurt but I was so excited.

now i'm worried that my pointe shoes aren't correct or the right size when i really have my class in a few months. what if i have to buy new ones. what do you think of that?
By Live4Dance344member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 211, member since Mon Apr 21, 2008
On Sat Apr 26, 2008 04:58 PM
Wow!
Thanks!
I never knew any of that and I am starting pointe soon.
I had no idea!
Thanks again!
Live4Dance344
By Amaya_chan Comments: 11, member since Thu May 08, 2008
On Tue May 13, 2008 07:15 PM
I read this over, and if I ever get the chance to be on pointe...wow I won't touch my shoes until class lol I'll probably lock them somewhere so I'm not tempted to put them on.
By dance56SEHvun8member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 754, member since Mon Apr 07, 2008
On Sat May 24, 2008 06:53 AM
Aurgh! I just got my first pointes yesterday, but my first class isn't for another 16 days.I'll carry this list with me to keep temptation at bay.
By Passion_Balleina Comments: 118, member since Fri May 09, 2008
On Sat May 24, 2008 06:03 PM
Yeah, it true, did you got it girls?
By Passion_Balleina Comments: 118, member since Fri May 09, 2008
On Sat May 24, 2008 06:04 PM
Yeah, it's really true, did you got it, girls?
By pointe92member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 807, member since Fri May 25, 2007
On Mon May 26, 2008 05:18 PM
I totally agree those are great reasons!
By irishballerinajrmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 190, member since Mon May 26, 2008
On Tue Jun 03, 2008 04:05 AM
I like 7-10
my ballet teacher would have screamed at me if i had gone up before...

another random story..
once i got approval of my pointes, i sewed on the ribbons - but my friend kept forgetting to & was too lazy so she never did a pointe class before we got off for the summer.... i'd done loads of classes in the time she didnt even sew on her ribbons!

anyway....
irishballerinajr
By BalletGrace Comments: 21, member since Mon May 07, 2007
On Wed Jun 11, 2008 09:16 PM
I just got my first pair of pointes today! I am so tempted to put them on, but after reading this, I'll make sure I don't. What's sad is that I don't start pointe class for 2 months! That's in such a long time!
By Urban_Holly Comments: 55, member since Sun Jun 15, 2008
On Sun Jun 15, 2008 04:33 AM
Thank you for the advice, I will take this into consideration
:) many thanks
By BB1 Comments: 17, member since Fri Jun 13, 2008
On Mon Jun 16, 2008 09:27 AM
When I got my first pointe shoes, I was SO proud that I really did dance around my house. I just kinda stood on them but I never got hurt but still, it was a miracle so don't do this pointe-beginners!
By ballet_13ellie Comments: 22, member since Wed Jun 25, 2008
On Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:28 AM
RavenMad wrote:

13. You won't look (or feel) like Polina or Svetlana or Paloma. You will look like an arthritic drunk, clinging to a barre or your bedroom furniture...because you don't know what you're doing yet.

I was clinging to the barre my first lesson!
By Avatara Comments: 21, member since Sun Jun 22, 2008
On Fri Jun 27, 2008 08:35 AM
You are right. I will foward your advices to some of my friends to post it in their schools
By behappy_dancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 662, member since Sun May 11, 2008
On Sat Jun 28, 2008 07:30 PM
Great post! When I start pointe I'll be sure to remember it!
By pointe92member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 807, member since Fri May 25, 2007
On Mon Jun 30, 2008 06:50 PM
true true true! i wore mine (tsk tsk on me) and i developed a soft spot and had to live with pointes that barely worked for monthes when i got new ones i wasnt used to going up ALL THE WAY so i had bad habits that took monthes (and many pairs of shoes) to fix
Page:
Page 6 of 81 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

ReplySendWatch