Forum: General / Ballroom / Tango

Starting and have some questions
By LetMEDancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Mar 12, 2006 08:02 PM

I had a competition yesturday, and after that my cusion told me that next year him and I are entering a duet and doing a tango. Nethier one of us know how to tango but, we learn really easy. We wanted to buy videos that woudld teach us. Does anyone know where we can get any? I also will need a dress. Any ideas? The song we are using is "Sway with me"

2 Replies to Starting and have some questions

I love to tango!
By Breemica
On Sat Apr 08, 2006 04:12 PM
Your doing a tango to sway with me?? That song isn't a tango, but if that is what you want, okey. You ahould listen to that tango off of the movie "Shall We Dance". I use that song to teach because it is fun and has a great rythem. Anyways, you should try to do a yahoo search for "Tango Videos" or try tangomagazine.com. Good luck with you competition! :)
re: Starting and have some questions
By cerise
On Mon May 01, 2006 08:17 AM
Hey, Firstly tango's my fav dance and I'm ranked no 1 in Australia in my level and age group for it,so I know a bit about it... so i'll start off by saying that 'sway with me' is a cha cha song, and really has no charcateristic of tango at all. A hint, listen to Shakira's old hit song 'objection' it demonstrates a tango beat which goes- 1 2-34 5, with quicks and slows always down into your knee, no rises. For tango songs u can actually listen to online or any other dancesport dance visit dancesportinternational.com.au which also has great videos for sale, as does dancesport.uk.com. Search google for any other websites with info on tango...costumes can be expensive so be inventive and search different comps on idsf.net in the photo gallery for ideas. Good luck!!!! :)

ReplySendWatch