Forum: Disco / Disco Advice

Page:
Page 1 of 141 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 12 13 14
Disco Advice
Last Fake Tan Post.... Rate your Favourites, name your disasters!! some FAQ's too (karma: 40)
By Fiona_the_divamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 8732, member since Mon Feb 03, 2003
On Mon Mar 13, 2006 05:22 PM
Made sticky by Theresa (28613) on 2006-03-18 21:04:02

Hey Everyone

Keep noticing fake tan post's popping up week in week out

So i thought it would be useful if we made on post, and everyone could right there favourite Tans.... and name the ones that didnt work for them

That way it can help people who are just beginning to put tan on, to cut out some experiment time, and try some of the best makes first time.

I thought i'd try and answer some of the FAQ's that have been floating around in this page too ;)

1. How to Get Fake tan off ; There are many ways been suggested by Dance.netters, here are some of the ones that i have seen
*Toothpaste (preferably the Blue minty ones)
*Going Swimming, Chlorine takes it off
*Avon Skin so soft oil
*Lemon juice and Salt
*Baby Wipes, Kandoo Wipes, Clearasil Wipes
*and any kind of gentle Exfoliator can help too

2. What to Apply tan with ; (vary's between people though)
*Special Tan Mitts are made for easy applictaion
*Cloth or old Towel
*sponge
*glove
*bare Hand
*using Tan wipes (already applied on the wipe)
*spray on not using any hands or having someone else do it :P

3. Difference between Instant Tan and Developing tan ;
*Instant tan , like "sunshimmer" is applied in the colour it will turn your skin! It is brown in the bottle, and you rub it straight into your skin.
Advantages:
*Takes no time at all to put on
*Streaks are easy to avoid as you can see where you are putting it
*Easily Touched up in accident (spillage of water etc)
*comes off
Dissadvantages
*can begin to turn weird shades of colour after sweating, rubbing etc
*Can stain your costume (especially White suits)
* can Cling to skin after washing (like Developing)

*Developing Tan like "fake Bake" is usually a cream (colours vary) that is applied to your skin and is un-noticable for a few hours (usually about 4-6hours) it gradually develops into a tan on your skin. Usually has a stronger smell than instant tan too!
Advantages
*Lasts longer on skin than instant
*Does not rub off on suits as much as instant
*can come across very natural (in some cases)
Dissadvantages
*Last longer (you may wish it off faster than it will come off)
*Takes a while to develop, so not usueful in a rush
*often has a strong smell, and can leave the skin feeling Damp once applied
*does not come off as easy as instant tan
*Sometimes more expensive
*Can turn orange at time.... which is never fun!

4. Some top brands named here and some links to getting then (Prices may vary... not necissarily the cheapest prices shown ;) )

* Large Selection of Tan's avaiable here: www.drugstorechemist.com . . .

www.boots.com . . .

*Matis Self Tan - Used my large amount of dancers, Can be bought from (powder and lotion bought sepreately though) :www.dance-shop.com . . .

*Fake-Bake : www.fakebake.net

*st Tropez ; www.sttropeztan.com

*Pro-tan: www.dance-shop.com . . .

Tan's are widely available from many stores such as:
*Boots ^^ address above
*Superdrug
*Semi-Chem
*Body Care
*Debenhams
*Lloyds chemist
*Adsa
*Morrisons
*Hair dressers
*Beauty parlors
(and Many many more)

So with all this Information.... I'll leave it up to you to name your favourites and tell dancers what tan's you felt were not as good as others ;)

My Favourites have be Matis Self tanning Lotion (available at the danceshop link) and Biz Buin Max Tanning Lotion. I also Liked Avon tanning mouse too. There was this really cheap one i loved called "Fake, dont bake" (i know a rip off of fake bake :P ) and it was £1.99 and came in a large tub, and worked really well, but i have heard recently its been disscontinued, but if thats wrong, it can be bought at Semi-chem, Body care etc....

Thanks for reading, and hope i've helped everyone, as i know fake-tan is something we all wear, even though some of us dont like it hehe :P

Lots of Love

Fiona

xxxxxxxxx

336 Replies to Last Fake Tan Post.... Rate your Favourites, name your disasters!! some FAQ's too

fantastic post
By chloesmom Comments: 6972, member since Sun Feb 02, 2003
On Tue Mar 14, 2006 02:30 AM
Wow Fiona
how long must this of taken you
big up to you for your help
jacquixxxxx
re: Last Fake Tan Post.... Rate your Favourites, name your disasters!! some FAQ's too (karma: 1)
By xsweet_moverxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1369, member since Sat May 14, 2005
On Tue Mar 14, 2006 09:14 AM
Edited by xsweet_moverx (130813) on 2006-03-14 09:15:45 x silly little moi x
Hey Huni :] x

Aww what a fabby post :D
Has helped me loads
KARMA !! :P x
Im in a nice giving mood,...Im never really like this,..
lol only messing ! :)
You deserve it ;)
Thanks again babes x

Love,
Heather xxxxxx
re: Last Fake Tan Post.... Rate your Favourites, name your disasters!! some FAQ's too (karma: 1)
By Tabbymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4988, member since Mon May 17, 2004
On Tue Mar 14, 2006 02:28 PM
Edited by Forky (93773) on 2006-03-14 14:29:35
I use 2 coats of rimmel sun shimmer in medium matte and in the morning 1 or 2 coats of spray on tan, it's aerotan by sex symbol and it smells of coconuts! yummy!
this gives me a really nice golden glow and hasn't gone wrong, I have pale skin usually and it doesn't look too dark or orange or anything.
I apply it with a tan mitt from The Body Shop and I blend the spray on with fingers, my mum does my back though.
It comes off quite easily, well nobody notices at school!

xxx

p.s Karma for you hun!
By Energy_Dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2348, member since Tue Apr 26, 2005
On Tue Mar 14, 2006 02:37 PM
Edited by Energy_Dancer (129364) on 2006-03-14 14:40:12 Sorry Forgot somthing =) xxxxxxxxxxxx
Hiya x

I use Garnier spray tan by Ambre Solaire :D

It has a spray or Cream!!! I use The spray but

It takes longer to dry :C and I ALWAYS get

Slagged The next day in School!!!!! lol !!!!!

I'd give it a 9/10!!!!!

Catherine xxxxxx

Oh and It doesnt smell bad either! Great post ;)

XXXX

EDIT: I would do 2-3 coats! Then Its Natural looking,Even tan

Catherine xxxxxxx
By MissyTmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3660, member since Wed Aug 11, 2004
On Wed Mar 15, 2006 05:08 AM
Hey Fiona !!

Brilliant post hun and i'm sure you've answered loads of peoples questions so karma baby !!

Just wanted to add... that I use Amber Solaire spray tan which is in a cannister, you just spray on and can either leave to dry on its own or more more even tan you can rub in circles (normally wear gloves when doing this).

The tan is awesome and works really well on my skin so just wanted to give that one a plug ! It tends to wear off over a few days but I tend to have a good exfoliation in the shower !

Teri Xxx
By emma_jaynemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7956, member since Fri Jan 24, 2003
On Wed Mar 15, 2006 08:34 AM
hey fiona

fab post hunni!!! :D
about time we got just
1 post for all the fake
tan!!! :D

i use St Tropez and sunshimmer
the 2 BEST fake tans ever in my
opinion.
they have never gone wrong for me.

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By BARBIE2member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3224, member since Tue Jan 13, 2004
On Wed Mar 15, 2006 09:39 AM
hiyaa

my faves are

avon
sun shimmer ( comes out on costume tho :( )
business -its so dark
st tropz

least fav

sun system

love june
xXx
re: Last Fake Tan Post.... Rate your Favourites, name your disasters!! some FAQ's too
By Milly_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4755, member since Fri Dec 12, 2003
On Thu Mar 16, 2006 05:38 AM
Hey

The one i always use is St.Tropez (bronzing mist)!
Ive never had a bad experinece with it and always
looks dead natural!
It is a bit costy but well worth it!
I use between 1 -2 coats and rub it in, in circles
with my bare hands!
Can be a bit of a pain to wash off as it turns the soap green!
Never really had a bad experince with fake tan!
Well Fiona on such a god post!
Maybe turn into a sticky?

Love Emily xxxx
re: Last Fake Tan Post.... Rate your Favourites, name your disasters!! some FAQ's too
By lisaloomember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1993, member since Fri Dec 19, 2003
On Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:04 PM
Hey Fiona ! :D

This must have taken you ages to write ! So well done ! :D karma for you!

This should be turned into a sticky!

I am going to get Fake Bake done next week for Dunoon so i will let you know how it goes !

See you soon Fi :D

Love Lisa x
By dancingdevil Comments: 236, member since Tue Feb 24, 2004
On Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:09 PM
great post!!!
i use for dancing
FAKE BAKE extreme gel!
it is a great tan!
it dries in 60 seconds and is so dark you only need one coat!
i get it from my friends mums beauty salon! and is £24.99 a bit pricy but lasts ages!
i use a tanning mit from body shop to apply and i let my mum do it for me!
love charlotte
By LINZI17 Comments: 20, member since Sun Mar 05, 2006
On Fri Mar 31, 2006 02:40 AM
hi

my favourite fake tans are

sun shimmer

and st tropez

also a st tropez copy called go brown {very good and half the price}

least favourite

piz buin spray tan {my daughter came out in a rash}

tan wipes {didnt seem to work on my daughter}

some great tips on how to apply fake tan

thanks a lot

lyndsays mum
By calliebabe Comments: 6, member since Thu Nov 11, 2004
On Tue Apr 04, 2006 08:19 AM
Removed by pharmadancer (87219) on 2006-04-04 20:14:55 netspeak - this doesn't even look like english
hey girlz st tropez a rly gd 1 and u ca just apply with 1 of ur dad or bro's rly think sock's the good think about it is wen u apply u notice everywere that u put it! sometime sif u use tans that dont show up instantly u go patchie. this goes on well dark but in the morning alot washes of so just get 12 hr lift rimmel sunshimmer and apply sum of that! there yah go nice even tan hehe hope sum of u follow this 1 :)xx
By Lauzzy Comments: 760, member since Fri Dec 03, 2004
On Sun Apr 09, 2006 09:42 AM
hi great post i normally use the johnson's moisturiser with tan in it for a few days before the comp so i look brown because i don't need much because i have olive skin anyway. but if i'm going to a major comp like butlins i will get the st.tropez done. i find it very good and stays on the whole time and looks like a natural tan.

laura

xxxx
By mybabymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1559, member since Thu Mar 10, 2005
On Fri Apr 14, 2006 04:52 PM
hiya
ive just got that new loreal sublime bronze tanning spray its brilliant :D no streaks :D and a lovely colour my kids are very pale so i'm going to tan them a few days before a comp and give them a couple of coats ;)
love Jayne xx
By Queen_B Comments: 7, member since Wed Jan 28, 2004
On Sun Apr 16, 2006 07:34 AM
Removed by Theresa (28613) on 2006-04-16 12:58:08 double post
nice job on the post, i alwatys notice people at comp that have rly streaky tans or colours to dark for there skin! this shud help x
By Queen_B Comments: 7, member since Wed Jan 28, 2004
On Sun Apr 16, 2006 07:35 AM
Removed by Theresa (28613) on 2006-04-16 12:57:47 netspeak
nice job on the post, i alwatys notice people at comp that have rly streaky tans or colours to dark for there skin! this shud help x
By emma_jaynemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7956, member since Fri Jan 24, 2003
On Thu Apr 20, 2006 02:37 PM
helo again fi

just found another great
fake tan.

Avon mousse in med/dark

it dries really quick and i
come out really dark too!!! :D

just thought i'd share that with you

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By xox_Lauren_xoxmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 161, member since Thu Apr 13, 2006
On Sun Apr 23, 2006 01:29 PM
I get my fake tan done in a tanning shop. Its like this tanning machiene thing that sprays you with the tan stuff and you can chose what colour you want, i think its called mystic tan or something. It takes a while to appear, and when it does you have to have a shower to wash the dye out but then it looks really good! It looks like a natural tan and some people like it darker than the tan but its just right for me when i have to go to school with it on!lol!

Luv lauren x
By discochic_norwaymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 448, member since Wed Jun 08, 2005
On Mon Apr 24, 2006 03:59 AM
Loreals fake tan is actually very good! One of them is quite shimmery, perfect for disco dancers :P
By chloeisfit Comments: 1453, member since Sun Aug 14, 2005
On Mon Apr 24, 2006 04:37 AM
hi
have to agree with emma_jayne,Avon mousse in medium/dark is great,it dries fast and looks brown not orangey.
love
chloe
xxx
By xxmegzyxxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 189, member since Sun Nov 13, 2005
On Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:25 AM
Hi my mum usually uses loreal sublime gel weve recently tried fake bake extreme all good.
But we have just used dream tan for brean we were so dark it was ace.
love megan x
By sadiejacksonmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 642, member since Sat Nov 01, 2003
On Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:05 PM
to get fake tan off:
i find scrubbing with and exfoliator(sp)
after soaking in a hot bath, then when out
and drying off use the towel and gently scrub
i found this got my tan off today quite well!
Hope this helps some people
luv sadie x x
By sjmand Comments: 67, member since Tue Oct 26, 2004
On Sat Apr 29, 2006 01:09 PM
I use a spray tan called natrasun it comes in loads of colours I think the best is D&E of mocha they are really dark and they last for ages if you keep moisturising it lasts for about 10 days it only takes about 10 minutes to get done and costs around £20 depending on the salon but its well worth.

hope this helps
sarah xxx
By sexi_dancer_emma Comments: 34, member since Sun Jan 22, 2006
On Sat May 13, 2006 01:41 PM
Woww.. there some fab tips there. I've always been quite scared to apply it because I'm sure I'll go orange lol. But anyways.. theres always dance flesh tights :D
Love Emma xxx
Page:
Page 1 of 141 2 3 4 5 6 10 11 12 13 14

ReplySendWatch