Forum: Disco / Disco Advice

Page:
Page 2 of 141 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 12 13 14
re: Last Fake Tan Post.... Rate your Favourites, name your disasters!! some FAQ's too
By danidmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3386, member since Thu Oct 23, 2003
On Tue May 16, 2006 08:00 AM
Hey,

Most of my dancers use Bronze Express.
Its a brilliant tan, easy to apply and is really dark :)

Danielle
re: Last Fake Tan Post.... Rate your Favourites, name your disasters!! some FAQ's too
By xHollyxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 478, member since Sat Mar 12, 2005
On Sat May 20, 2006 12:35 PM
Well we usally use boots solta its really good weve used tan wipes but they arent that good also babiliss spray tan machine looks great
By Supergirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5658, member since Mon Jul 21, 2003
On Sun May 21, 2006 09:07 AM
Hiya,
For my Birthday I got this Ted Baker BodyWear set.
And it came with this Body Shimmer stuff.
I used it this morning to test it, and it is like a fake tan.
It is instant, and comes out in a lovley colour with a bit of shimmer. Not too dark or too light. And it washes off in the shower easily. It hasn't stained any of my clothes either :P
I think this is really good, And i might use this stuff on my arms at my next comp, because they usually look really dark after using my normal tan at school.
-Lauren
xxx
By Coral_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 101, member since Fri Dec 16, 2005
On Thu Jun 01, 2006 07:03 AM
Hey!
I Usually use St tropez before festivals like DOTY
But for day-comps
I use johnsonsnholiday skin
The only disadvantage is you cant really see where you put it so you have to have a good memory and that it lasts quite a while (people who dont know i dance sometimes ask me why i wear fake tan on a monday LOL!)
Good Luck Hunny!
Love N Hugz
Coral xxxx
By angel8 Comments: 1, member since Fri Jun 02, 2006
On Fri Jun 02, 2006 03:32 AM
great ideas for removing fake tan ,ill be trying toothpaste and avon oil as my daugter alway moans when i try to exfoliate her thanks
By Fiona_the_divamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 8732, member since Mon Feb 03, 2003
On Tue Jun 06, 2006 09:42 AM
Hey

Well ive kind of been expertimenting with Tan for the last few comps

And i've found if i mix : Fake dont Bake (body care: £1.99) and Buiz Buin Max Lotion (everywhere: Price varies from shop to shop) together you come out a lovely golden brown and not orange!

It also cxomes off gradulally, so you dont get left with big orange patches, etc,

I'll still be experimenting some more

and i'll keep you up to date with any more good idea's

lots of Love

Fiona

xxxx
By discochic_norwaymember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 448, member since Wed Jun 08, 2005
On Wed Jun 14, 2006 09:04 AM
In Norway they sell something called CK collection selftan at comps.. Not sure if you have it in the UK..
Anyway, the tan looks really good and you can also buy a special lotion from CK collection ; the tan will instanly come off when you use it :)
thnx
By rocknrollrach Comments: 133, member since Wed Jun 21, 2006
On Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:09 PM
Removed by imadanseur (79325) on 2006-06-22 09:11:42 I have no idea what this says, you must type in English.
heya

thnx sweetie dat must of taken ages bt fnx! i had fake tan (a superdrug 1 dat u put on u get a instant tan wel in 2 to 4 hours ) on sunday 4 a comp n i hvnt got it off it wont cum off! i fought i had tryed everything bt fink wil try ur suggestions people dnt get da stuff i had it awful! i put 1 layer of soap on left den washed did dis 4 times it made no difference n i reli reli streaky aswell ! so jst a warning 2 every1 dnt get it itz reli bad !
luv rach xxxx
By torsmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 673, member since Fri Oct 24, 2003
On Wed Jun 21, 2006 01:22 PM
hia fiona
fabulous post KARMA FOR YOU

Well for comps i normally put a layer of fake bake on then top it up with body shop tan. Both are very good though fake bake bit pricey! But it makes a good even base then normally i put layers of body shop on to make it darker.

most of my dance school use protan which is really good u can see it when you put it on and it smells like peaches hope this helps love tors
By emma_jaynemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7956, member since Fri Jan 24, 2003
On Wed Jun 21, 2006 03:59 PM
hiya

i have to agree with you on that one fiona, the Fake dont Bake stuff (by Bronze Ambition) is BRILLIANT and it smells like pineapple too!!! :D

and the piz buin mouse (max) is good too.

also...the new Fake Bake Extreme is good too but REALLY dark, so if your quite fair then i wouldnt really reccomend it.

luv n hugz

Emz

xxx
By bby_tashi_dnca Comments: 8, member since Thu Jun 22, 2006
On Fri Jun 23, 2006 06:24 AM
thanks for this post you've really helped me alot, and im sure you have helped many other dancers aswell.
im doing my 1st comp on sunday and was just thinking which fake tan to wear (i have no idea!) and now i have a few in mind and now know a few ways how to get it off as its the day before school hehe! and i really dont wanna go orange hehe thanks again.
i have johnsons holiday sun but wasn't sure if thats an okay thing to wear to comps? im guessing it is now?

love tashi xxx
By tinydancer102 Comments: 48, member since Tue Jul 11, 2006
On Thu Jul 13, 2006 07:16 AM
i think the best fake tan is saint tropes in the mouse aply the nite befor and then shower in the morning that way it stays on and you can now buy stuff that takes it all off
By smurfeline_89member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 80, member since Thu Aug 11, 2005
On Thu Aug 03, 2006 04:21 PM
What a lovely post,a very big help:)
I use Lancaster spray tan,it's very good,and dries fast.You should try it:)

Love Marianne
hi
By starlet_starmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 630, member since Mon Apr 03, 2006
On Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:50 AM
Hi here is my favourite tan ever beyond bronze by fake bake it really gives you a dark brown tan if you dont take a tan very well like me! What i hated was johnsons holiday skin the tan was good any looked really natural but when i went for a shower it left me looking like a patchwork quilt!!! I havent used it since
By x_befii_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 60, member since Thu Jul 27, 2006
On Sun Aug 06, 2006 09:26 AM
Heyaa

I usually get a spray tan :D there really good but quite pricey where i go there is a discount if it is for dancing so its quite handy, there usually great but last time i dripped some juice on my legs just after it had been done and i got a big dribbly line down my leg >;[ lmao

x x x beth x x x
By Bahby Comments: 102, member since Mon Sep 13, 2004
On Thu Aug 17, 2006 03:48 AM
Hi -

Brilliant post, must of taken you ages, but very worth it to see what other dancers use :) ...
I use "Loreal sublime gel" i find that it gives you a natural looking tan, and if applied correctly to every area then it does not give you any streaks! The only bad thing about this fake tan is that when coming to a time when you want the tan off, it seems to come of blotchy, and leaves like little bits on your body, for the whole fake tan to come off takes atleast a week! So if you have the patience... Try it!
xXxBethanyxXx
By Energy_Dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2348, member since Tue Apr 26, 2005
On Fri Aug 18, 2006 05:09 AM
Anyone use Matas Tan ??

Please Help :P! Ive Heard Its Brill but what do

you all think ?? Catherine xxxx
By livvyloo1 Comments: 19, member since Sat Jul 15, 2006
On Sat Aug 19, 2006 02:53 PM
hi fiona great post as we're new to the tanning game within the dance world anyway! it's amazing how they react with sweat i.e streking and blothching etc but one's we have tried and tested are piz buin spray the one in the white aerosol tin and st.tropez bronzing mist that was brill as it came out really dark and glittery and it develops in 2-4 hours so you get the best of both worlds with that one but did'nt like the loreal tan mist it took forever to develop then looked like you'd been tango'd!!!! hope this helps love sarah and olivia xxxxxxx
By livvyloo1 Comments: 19, member since Sat Jul 15, 2006
On Sat Aug 19, 2006 02:54 PM
Removed by pharmadancer (87219) on 2007-04-23 07:04:55 double post
hi fiona great post as we're new to the tanning game within the dance world anyway! it's amazing how they react with sweat i.e streking and blothching etc but one's we have tried and tested are piz buin spray the one in the white aerosol tin and st.tropez bronzing mist that was brill as it came out really dark and glittery and it develops in 2-4 hours so you get the best of both worlds with that one but did'nt like the loreal tan mist it took forever to develop then looked like you'd been tango'd!!!! hope this helps love sarah and olivia xxxxxxx
By loulou2 Comments: 847, member since Sun Mar 30, 2003
On Thu Aug 24, 2006 05:52 AM
the best tan i used was sex symbol aerotan. I got it one year at brean from wicky barkess it was amazing for a weekender. it washed straight off and went on without any hassle. good to have a base coat underneath though.
I also liked the boots stuff can't remember the name but you go really reALLY dark. feels a bit sticky whilst drying though.

Louise xxx
re: Last Fake Tan Post.... Rate your Favourites, name your disasters!! some FAQ's too (karma: 1)
By sjmand Comments: 67, member since Tue Oct 26, 2004
On Tue Aug 29, 2006 09:07 AM
I have found the best tan so far its called Brazilian Tan from Space N.K it is so dark and really easy to put on I got it in princess square in glasgow but I think you can get it in any space n.k shop it costs £39.95 but is well worth it I put it on with body shops fake it mitt.
You need to try it its amazing.
love sarah
By discodiva5 Comments: 463, member since Sat Apr 22, 2006
On Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:24 AM
hey well i use piz buin its okay but could be better. I was getting ready for a comp once and my friend was doing my tan and we realized there wasnt much left. Any way we had dun everywhere except the back of my legs and we ran out!!!!! i had the front ded dark nd the bak pale so i just put n instant tan on when i got there lol:P
By jaxxs Comments: 20, member since Sun Nov 13, 2005
On Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:56 AM
hi everyone

I love st tropez tan stuff especially the spray tan that you get done in a salon. Only thing with it is, if you are doing it yourself make sure you exfoliate and moisturise really well before hand and take your time when putting it on. I rushed it once and put my clothes on too quickly and ended up with patches where my clothes had rubbed. They were not very noticable but I could see them! other tha this time evry experience I have had of it has been grea

Jaxs
By woody99 Comments: 1869, member since Wed Feb 25, 2004
On Thu Sep 21, 2006 09:11 AM
I was really lucky to win st tropez in a raffle at dance cos I would never have bought it it is so expensive but the large 240 ml bottle which I have just run out of but won it 18 months ago so I think for value wise that is really good. I tried some Sally Hansen recently and found that really good - dried quickly and evenly no smears I put two coats on one after the other but found if took a little longer to come out and was much darker on the monday so would advise tanning on the friday before a comp.

Sue xx
By AIMEE1member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2045, member since Mon May 30, 2005
On Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:59 AM
Hiya!
I have just bought some Fake Bake from this site! It's alot cheaper than the shops. I have even bought the extreme tan to try. it sounds really good!

www.hometanning.co.uk . . .

Aimee x
Page:
Page 2 of 141 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11 12 13 14

ReplySendWatch