Forum: Disco / Disco Advice

Page:
Page 5 of 141 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
re: Last Fake Tan Post.... Rate your Favourites, name your disasters!! some FAQ's too
By dancsenmum Comments: 1347, member since Fri Apr 20, 2007
On Thu Apr 26, 2007 01:51 PM
great post everyone we are still trying to find the perfect tan thanks for all the tips
re: Last Fake Tan Post.... Rate your Favourites, name your disasters!! some FAQ's too
By abby_love2dancemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 817, member since Sat Oct 08, 2005
On Tue May 15, 2007 01:36 PM
heyy fiona x
i use ST. TROPEZ and sun shimmer...
they both work ace!!! :P
the post is AMAZING it really helps x
:D KARMA :D

lots of love
abby xx
By ANGEL_RG Comments: 55, member since Tue Apr 03, 2007
On Sun May 20, 2007 12:08 PM
Hi,
This a great post, lots of useful advice. This will help me a lot the next time i do fake tan, Thanks x
By welove2dance Comments: 22, member since Tue May 22, 2007
On Tue May 22, 2007 08:11 AM
hey

i know this sounds really bad but trust me its true

the worst ive tried was avon self tanning mousse, it was aweful it streaked like mad, i suggest one of those mousturisors, if yu start 2 or 3 weeks before a comp yu can get a really dark streakfree tan thats really beautiful

and for removing fake tan disastres try diluting a bit of bleach, BUT ONLY FOR A FEW SECONDS AT A TIME!!! just keep trying and trust me it comes off really easily =]
By nat34567member has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 654, member since Tue Apr 17, 2007
On Wed May 23, 2007 04:49 PM
Hi i use st tropez spray tan its the best, just get it done on the sat and shower sunday before comp , i go to someones house, she has her own mobile spray tan business and very competive prices, i have used creams and they just dont turn out right i either have orange legs or streaks.
By carlyjadekerismember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 2776, member since Fri Mar 05, 2004
On Tue May 29, 2007 04:03 AM
sun spary dont need to touch just drip dry!! only on coat needed as very very evry dark!!! but only for big fests cause it £25 a tin that only does carly twice!!!
suzanne xxxx
fake bake all the way :)
By DiamondDiscoDiva Comments: 25, member since Tue Jun 15, 2004
On Wed May 30, 2007 04:26 AM
Over the past decade that iv bin dancing, iv never found a tan which is streak free, and is really dark brown-NOT ORANGE!
Untill now, I went into a really cheap shop called TJ Hughes and they sell Fake Bake- which last yr at brean was being sold for something like £30, for £8!!
I thought I'd try it and now iv never gone back. Spreads really evenly on my skin, and comes out straight away, developing more as the day goes on.
The worst thing Iv ever used is tan towels that develope, because you can't see where your applying it, you get streaks everywhere! arghhh
hope this helps xxxx
By live2dance4life1 Comments: 155, member since Thu Jul 27, 2006
On Wed May 30, 2007 03:30 PM
heya!
i swear by sun shimmer i use 2 coats of dark and the colour is amazing. the only thing is my top lip goes green with it halfway threw the dsay afta dancing!
worst every is johnstones holliday skin its so streakey used it 3 or 4 times and its still amess!
xxxx
By Emmalou5 Comments: 23, member since Sun Feb 04, 2007
On Sat Jun 02, 2007 07:11 AM
Hiya
this advice is really good and must of took you ages.
I use amber solaire one and it is really good or i just go and get one done proffesionally
xxx
By Stayyciieemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4356, member since Wed Jan 14, 2004
On Sat Jun 02, 2007 07:18 AM
Hey

Ive just put the avon mousse on. I usually always get it and sometimes its ok but sometimes its quite streaky. Ive got some dry skin on my arms and that bit is a mess with fake tan. Avon stuff stinks like curry too lol

Ive used the Virgin V lotion and think i was allergic because i came out all blotchy after it and it went on dark but turned really light in the morning.

Fake bake turned me green haha

So im looking for one that is better than them

Love Stacey x
By coco9member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 8657, member since Wed May 09, 2007
On Wed Jun 06, 2007 02:13 PM
great post... my daughter has just had a disaster on sunday with her fan she came out in a rash all over... it was horrible but shes ok now!!!thank god...
By xXxjoannexXxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1654, member since Sun May 23, 2004
On Wed Jun 06, 2007 02:50 PM
Hallooo Fiona :D

the best is FAKE DONT BAKE :)
i know knock off verson but soo haha
2-3 coats and its pretty dark .. can go organe at times especially my hands but apart from that is amazing
i love stuff it used to be £1.99 but now its £1 toal bargin !!
and they've not discontinued any longer Fiona :)
woop woop haha x
but they're selling really really fast again the wee woman behind the counter told me haha !

Advice :::: stick with the KNOCK OFF version of FAKE BAKE( FAKE DONT BAKE ) because it DOESNT make you go GREEN , but FAKE BAKE DOES. :(

LOVE YOU HUNI
and see you on saturday :)

awww and btw i heard about all the fun things you got up to at dancing on tuesday haha

joanne :) xxxx
By StaczMcmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 528, member since Tue Mar 06, 2007
On Fri Jun 08, 2007 06:40 AM
I use the avon mosse tan i find it very good and it comes out so dary but yet it can look not fake if only a little is put on so it's good for competition or weddings and stuff as well.
xxxx Satcie xxxx
By Lauraa_Dancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 109, member since Tue Mar 06, 2007
On Fri Jun 08, 2007 06:48 AM
Fab post i would give you karma but i dno how!!
By Shelly_B Comments: 230, member since Tue Apr 10, 2007
On Mon Jun 11, 2007 08:00 AM
I have used 3 fake tans. Sunspa was a really good one, Marks and Spencers do a good one, but it is a developing tan, very nice and natural though. And finally Rimmel shimmer which is ok, but it almost spits globs at you!!!

Shelly B x
By Fundamember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 177, member since Sun Mar 16, 2003
On Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:43 AM
I have tried a lot of different brands and my favourite´s are:

MATAS (but with the powder**) and DIOR

Dior with shimmer is super nice. It doesn´t come off on costumes and has a beautiful shimmer in it. It´s expensive, but it doesn´t dries out your skin like other brands can.

But the best thing to do, is to buy the DIHYDROXYACETON** powder from crystal-clover.com. You can just add it to any lotions you like, and you WILL get BROWN! And it doesn´t come off. But if you have dry skin you should use a moisturing cream as you can get a bit dry. I have noticed that I get even browner on the 2nd day after applying it.

Hope this help
By Milly_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 4755, member since Fri Dec 12, 2003
On Mon Jun 18, 2007 06:38 AM
Hey

Used Avon Mousse for the first time this weekend.
I used the medium to brown and used two coats!
Its the darkest I have ever gone! Loved it :)
Was a bit nasty putting it on but dried very quickly and came out a lovely colour.

Scrubbed some of it off this morning and it has faded and looks natural now. No patches or blotches!

Definatley recommend it to anyone as its usually on offer in the Avon book lol! So dead cheap!

Emily xxxxx
By cyd_champ Comments: 26, member since Tue Apr 10, 2007
On Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:23 AM
yh same
By Supergirlmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5658, member since Mon Jul 21, 2003
On Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:00 AM
I Use Marks and Spencer "Healthy Glow self tan Tinted foam"
Its the best thing I have ever used.
Its £5 for a bottle and I've had this bottle since March and its half full!
Goes onr eally well, dries super quickly and has a really nice caramel smell.
-Lauren
xXx
By amber1 Comments: 45, member since Thu Aug 31, 2006
On Sat Jun 23, 2007 07:32 AM
Hi,

Just read coco9's, comment about her daughter. I have had the same problem. I came out in a rash, turned out I was allergic to lanolin which was in the fake tan.

So can anyone recommend a fake tan that I can use on my 10 year old daughter, that I don't have to rub in. Thanks.
By disco_dancer_23 Comments: 105, member since Thu Oct 27, 2005
On Tue Jul 03, 2007 06:23 AM
a few girls at my dancing use Lloyds Pharmacy Solero fake tan. its really good and cheap! x
By divatasha Comments: 32, member since Sun Feb 18, 2007
On Tue Jul 03, 2007 07:41 AM
it is a good tip to use a body polish a week before putting on tan as it leaves skin feeling and looking smooth i use the body polish from avon and find it really good its also good to use for removing the tan this is a really great page got great tips thanks tashaxxxx
By Caitlin75member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 3272, member since Sat Feb 24, 2007
On Tue Jul 03, 2007 09:16 AM
Wow you have helped me alot! (Karma Given)
By live2dance4life1 Comments: 155, member since Thu Jul 27, 2006
On Wed Jul 04, 2007 02:09 AM
heya¬
started fake tanning for comp thois sunday! we bought the babalis spray tan mechine and its so daRK AFTER 1 COAT ITS SO GOOD ITS DEFFO MY FAVOURATE!
lov emz xxxx
By sami_fellowsmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 5797, member since Sun Apr 29, 2007
On Fri Jul 06, 2007 01:10 PM
took me ages to read must of taken you ages to write all of this lovely of you tho! i dont ever use fake tan i just tan from my holiday and then it lasts me throughout the whole year but i go brown easily : xxxx
Page:
Page 5 of 141 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

ReplySendWatch