Forum: Disco / Disco Advice

Page:
Page 6 of 14: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
re: Last Fake Tan Post.... Rate your Favourites, name your disasters!! some FAQ's too
By U16_champ_cloex
On Sat Jul 07, 2007 09:29 AM
Hi,When i was at a comp in Wales i used a few layers of Ambre Solier and then on the morning i used a layer of fake bake and left the colour guide on as that is really dark.hope this helps you.
Cloe xx
re: Last Fake Tan Post.... Rate your Favourites, name your disasters!! some FAQ's too
By dancing_emma17member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:23 PM
I Use Xen Tan xen-tan.co.uk
The Best Fake Tan Ive Used Soo Far! It Doesnt Come Off Onto Costumes && Plus It Has A FAB Smell! =D

Also Love St Tropez Mousse...Never Fails!

x X x
By vickicooperstar1member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Tue Jul 10, 2007 02:21 PM
Apart from spray tans from our dance teachers friend tara...
We have tried so many different tans and Rimmel Sun Shimmer always beats them all!!!
xx
By x_Chloe_xmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:26 AM
aha...great post
my dad gives me and my sister a spray tan in the garage the night before a comp...it is so cold!

we use a tan called ultra dark which my mum buys from the holesallers. its quite expensive but really good and dark and it stays on for the next comp the week after!
we use it through a spray gun so it is easy to do and its clean.

Johnsons is also really good if you just want to top up your tan for the week after but if you want to use it on its own u have to use a few coats of it!

love Chloe x
re: Last Fake Tan Post.... Rate your Favourites, name your disasters!! some FAQ's too (karma: 1)
By Shelly_B
On Mon Jul 23, 2007 09:24 AM
Edited by Shelly_B (176862) on 2007-07-23 09:27:04
I bought some Avon Airbrush fake tan, I belive it is a developing one, and it looked really cool the next day BUT it smelt quite nasty!!!!! Does anyone else think they smell like a cross between curry and incense sticks?? A bit like a posh curry restaurant!!!

What do you think?

Shelly B x
By bobby1
On Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:48 AM
Fake bake only turns gree if you have any kind of perfume on your skin when you are putting the tan on, St Tropez does the same.

Dawn x.
By Babeeblair_xx
On Wed Jul 25, 2007 03:59 AM
great post thanxn

really help :D

xxxx
By DanceManiacLauzmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Jul 29, 2007 01:30 PM
what is Exfoliator ?
By ROXS
On Wed Aug 08, 2007 06:28 AM
Hi everyone,

Not sure if it's already been mentioned as theres so many replys to this fab post.
We love Sex Symbol Aerotan, you can use it either on its own or as an excellent topper to any tan. It evens out tan streaks, or blemishes on your skin and gives you beautiful glowing skin. You just spray it on, as little or as much as you like, wait till it's slightly damp,(a few mins), and gently dab any runs away.
Check out roxsdesign.co.uk we stock Fake Bake, (15% off just now), and Sex Symbol Aerotan.

dawn, x
By kittykat7
On Sat Aug 11, 2007 06:16 AM
Hiya,

Think I might have tried nearly all the products on the market. For sure what works for some doesn't work for others. Much depends on your own skin shade, how porous your skin is and how much you sweat. The developer in the tan reacts to the minerals in you skin i.e the salt when you sweat. My daughter has quite olive coloured skin and the only developer tan I have found that is dark enough and doesn't turn green is SUN LABS VERY DARK. If there is a comp on Sunday I apply it on the Friday night because the colour is more intense 36-48 hrs later most tans develop in approx 6 hrs or overnight. This tan washes well and doesn't leave stubborn areas that take weeks to come off. It does streak a little when you apply it but it is even when it dries. I can definately recommend it in either lotion or as a spray tan. Hope it helps.

kittykat7
By lana7
On Thu Aug 16, 2007 09:08 AM
hiya my worst fake tan brought was garnier mousse it made me look like i had poo all over me! but the best one use is garnier shine and shimmer summer bronze! :) xxxx
By dancing_kitkat
On Fri Aug 24, 2007 03:07 PM
my fave tan is marks & spencers own brand medium to dark is excelent comes out in hours and last for a few days!
X evie X
By Babeeblair_xx
On Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:08 AM
good post!!!

i never no what kind to put on !!!

is so hard there is soo many but now i have a good idea :D:D

thanx :D

xxxx
By xtwinkle_toesxmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:50 AM
3 coats of sunsystem and two coats of fake bake has us chocolate brown, looks amazing on the floor
sunsystem is only £2 from ASDA and fake bake £25 from the beauty shop. it is expensive but well worth it
caitlin and eilidh x x x x x
By shazydance
On Tue Sep 25, 2007 09:19 AM
hi have had started using hi-she tan it is fab it goes on dark so you can see it,and in the morning you are realy brown and no streaks everyone contents on it,it is avaliable in good salons.
i think it is the best
love shazy x
By chloealiciamember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Sep 27, 2007 02:17 PM
I use asda self tan spray its only 2.99 and it gives a really natural tan and it smells nice too.
By Dance_lulu_xx
On Sun Sep 30, 2007 01:31 PM
hiya.i use different tans because there are so many to choose from thet i don't no which is the best.i don't mind what they smell like because i love the smell of fake tan!i don't no why though. :D xxx
By cheekychels13
On Mon Oct 01, 2007 09:25 AM
Heya
Great Post!!!:D
I have always wondered about using fake tan but have been worried incase it turns out wrong :S lol
I will try some of the ones on here!
Must have taken you ages!
Thanks
LotsaLove Chelsea-lea
x x x
By danielle5
On Wed Nov 07, 2007 09:40 AM
Heya
I use Bronza express.
And I find it the best tan!!
I use to use no7 but I needed something a bit darker!
I would recamend Bronza express to anyone!!
Love Danielle
xxx
xx
x
By kimmy6
On Thu Nov 08, 2007 09:36 AM
I have just started to use XEN TAN,
I have 3 girls to do befor a comp and it goes on so well.
The girls like it to which is all ways good.

Kimmys mum
By DanceManiacLauzmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:05 AM
i use dsi dancers fake tan its only roughly £7 and it dosnt react with your sweat, turn you green, or come out on your costume as it is made specialy for dancers if it does go on your costume it washes of straight away

im really fair skined and i find 1 MASSIVE coat is okay and 2 normal coats are fine you can order it over the dsi website
bit of a pain to get off though apartently lush bath bombs get it out anyone alse got any ways of getting fake tan of ??? im thinking types of products anyone? xxx
By Tara_01member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jan 10, 2008 06:56 AM
Edited by Tara_01 (151182) on 2008-01-10 06:58:13 MISSED SOMTHING OUT!!
Okay.....I have been doing competitive disco dancing for 3 years now and these are a few of the fake tans thati have used.

***THE GOOD ONES***
*Pitz Buin, tinted cream and spray on
*Boots Soltan, shimmer
*Marks & Spencers, tinted cream
* Salon Services, Tan Truth, amazing, really dark,

***THE BAD ONES***
* Rimmel sun Shimmer, streaks, blotchy, too dark, comes off on clothes.

* Avon, was really good but comes of really badly, gave me a really bad rash!!!

* Superdrugs own fake tan wipes, streaks!!!

* marks & spencers own brand, SPRAY ON, really streaky!!!

FAB POST!!
By Tara_01member has saluted, click to view salute photos
On Thu Jan 10, 2008 06:59 AM
This is me wearing, Salon Services Tan Truth!!

Look @ how dark I am!!

xxxx
By ellie180
On Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:56 AM
I hate putting on fake tan, i preferre fake bake spray tan it only takes my mum a few minutes and it developes overnight.

The easier to apply the better Ellie xxxx
re: Last Fake Tan Post.... Rate your Favourites, name your disasters!! some FAQ's too (karma: 1)
By spraytanpro
On Sat Jan 12, 2008 05:07 AM
Great Post.

We do Siennasol Extreme which at 16% DHA is the darkest spray tan available. (You can only apply it with a spray gun though) If anyone wants a free sample PM me. We do spray tan training so I have some lesson plans you can download if you want some.

How good the tan is & how evenly it fades has as much to do with the pre-application & post application routine as the solution you use.

Before Applying:
Exfoliate well (best to use an exfoliating mit)
Don't use any bath products which have oils in
make sure the tan is well dry before putting your (loose fitting) clothes back on
Don't wear mouturisors, makeup, perfume, deodorant etc.

After Applying:

Stay away from swimming Baths, vigorous excercise, saunas etc
Dont use exfoliating bath products.
Try to use only gentle products on your skin
Don't take long soaks in the bath.

Hope That Helps,

Richard.
Page:
Page 6 of 14: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

ReplySendWatch